Hotlap Event

pc280015yi6.jpg

aapb210038ct0.jpg

Honda NSX Type R '02

pb060051qi3.jpg

Suzuka

pc280017nf2.jpg

Stewards Comments:
Congrats to GTP_Stotty, GTP_Racer_LP, GTP_LinPark, and GTP_Nuclearfire, for winning their divisions. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

A good turnout for this week, 31 drivers in total. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

OLR Team.

Important notice:
To streamline the WRS administration process, all required replays for this race must be submitted within 7 days. This thread will be listed as "Unofficial" and will become "Official" once all posted replays have been verified. After 7 days, all drivers who fail to provide a requested replay will have their lap disqualified. (Beware, disqualification isn't taken lightly within the WRS)

Replay Verification Requests:
This week we would like to see all podium replays for verification. All replays are to be posted here.

Instructions on how to upload your replay can be found here - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3180607&postcount=2

Division 1
  1. 2:15.917 - GTP_Stotty
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 2:16.568 - GTP_Manuelos
    gflagjn4.gif

Division 2
  1. 2:15.836 - GTP_Racer_LP
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 2:16.047 - GTP_hyperuk
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 2:16.308 - GTP_RussRobit
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 2:16.565 - GTP_Fuzzy
  5. 2:16.737 - GTP_Vaxen
  6. 2:17.154 - GTP_ZeeStig
    gflagjn4.gif
  7. 2:17.618 - GTP_Sjaak
  8. 2:18.306 - GTP_wotzit07

Division 3
  1. 2:17.323 - GTP_LinPark
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 2:17.486 - GTP_mojito
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 2:17.546 - GTP_aussienicko
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 2:17.672 - GTP_BobElHat
  5. 2:17.693 - GTP_zed300
    gflagjn4.gif
  6. 2:17.813 - GTP_grevling9294
  7. 2:17.997 - GTP_Vagabond
  8. 2:18.042 - GTP_Sabre
  9. 2:18.284 - GTP_chupacabrito
  10. 2:18.300 - GTP_pixr
  11. 2:19.486 - GTP_01GTP
  12. 2:19.903 - GTP_Belifant
  13. 2:21.747 - GTP_gtbadboy

Division 4
  1. 2:18.931 - GTP_Nuclearfire
    gflagjn4.gif
  2. 2:19.389 - GTP_MadMax86
    gflagjn4.gif
  3. 2:19.418 - GTP_turbo
    gflagjn4.gif
  4. 2:19.473 - GTP_Sureshot
  5. 2:19.720 - GTP_DutchCustoms
  6. 2:21.309 - GTP_Lagas
  7. 2:22.079 - GTP_atlop
  8. 2:24.058 - GTP_Bigracer

Overall Placements
  1. 2:15.836 - GTP_Racer_LP (div 2)
  2. 2:15.917 - GTP_Stotty (div 1)
  3. 2:16.047 - GTP_hyperuk (div 2)
  4. 2:16.308 - GTP_RussRobit (div 2)
  5. 2:16.565 - GTP_Fuzzy (div 2)
  6. 2:16.568 - GTP_Manuelos (div 1)
  7. 2:16.737 - GTP_Vaxen (div 2)
  8. 2:17.154 - GTP_ZeeStig (div 2)
  9. 2:17.323 - GTP_LinPark (div 3)
  10. 2:17.486 - GTP_mojito (div 3)
  11. 2:17.546 - GTP_aussienicko (div 3)
  12. 2:17.618 - GTP_Sjaak (div 2)
  13. 2:17.672 - GTP_BobElHat (div 3)
  14. 2:17.693 - GTP_zed300 (div 3)
  15. 2:17.813 - GTP_grevling9294 (div 3)
  16. 2:17.997 - GTP_Vagabond (div 3)
  17. 2:18.042 - GTP_Sabre (div 3)
  18. 2:18.284 - GTP_chupacabrito (div 3)
  19. 2:18.300 - GTP_pixr (div 3)
  20. 2:18.306 - GTP_wotzit07 (div 2)
  21. 2:18.931 - GTP_Nuclearfire (div 4)
  22. 2:19.389 - GTP_MadMax86 (div 4)
  23. 2:19.418 - GTP_turbo (div 4)
  24. 2:19.473 - GTP_Sureshot (div 4)
  25. 2:19.486 - GTP_01GTP (div 3)
  26. 2:19.720 - GTP_DutchCustoms (div 4)
  27. 2:19.903 - GTP_Belifant (div 3)
  28. 2:21.309 - GTP_Lagas (div 4)
  29. 2:21.747 - GTP_gtbadboy (div 3)
  30. 2:22.079 - GTP_atlop (div 4)
  31. 2:24.058 - GTP_Bigracer (div 4)

gflagjn4.gif
shows that the replay has been posted and verified.
rflagnv1.gif
shows that the submitted lap turned out to be dirty or doubtful.
bflagtp3.gif
shows that the replay has not been provided in due time.

Replay Checking:
  1. It is customary for all participants of the WRS to verify each others submitted replays
  2. Once you have checked the replay, post in this thread to say that you have checked it and whether it's clean, dirty or doesn't meet the required race specifications
  3. When verifying a replay, check against this weeks race specification, check that the tyres are the correct compound and that the power and weight is correct for example
  4. If you are unsure about a replay, always seek a second opinion before posting

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to all the podiums and a hearty :cheers: for everyone who competed - this one was NOT easy.

Very surprised here - my T2 for this lap is 1'50.9xx which would put me in 5th on the leaderboard for Div 3 - just goes to show how important Casio is - here is my PAL replay:

Attachments

• GTP_LinParkWRS09.zip
    115.1 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Congratulations to all podium finishers and division winners!! What a great event!

(This may sound stupid) but how to you actually view the replays? :confused: I can't open them. A message keeps popping up saying 'The zipped folder is invalid or corrupted'??? What do I do?? :boggled: (This is my first WRS race)

Here is my PAL replay though:

Attachments

• GTP_aussienickoWRS09.zip
    119.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Congratulations to Racer_LP for the overall win.
Well done to all podium winners as well.

Thanks to all the participants, drivers and administrators alike. :cheers:

GTP_aussienicko Replay: Correct specs, clean, and green

I use 7-Zip to unzip the file attached here into a single file and then open that file with 7-Zip and extract everything - you need to get it all into <your drive>:\PS3\SAVEDATA\<weird directory name here> and there will be numerous files in there. Get that onto your USB stick and then copy the data down to your PS3.

Congrats to all the winners

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• GTP Nuclearfire WRS week 9.zip
    121.6 KB · Views: 12
Thanks a lot for checking my replay LinPark and for the helpful info ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Congradulations to all podium winners. :cheers:

GTP_LinPark Correct specs and clean ๐Ÿ‘

Here's my PAL replay.

Attachments

• GTP_RussRobitWRS09.zip
    117.4 KB · Views: 11
GTP_LinPark - correct specs and clean lap ๐Ÿ‘

GTP_RussRobit - correct specs and clean lap ๐Ÿ‘

Last edited:
Congrats to all winners

Heres my PAL replay

Attachments

• GTP_Turbo_WRS_09.zip
    119.3 KB · Views: 11
Many congrats to all podiums - and even finishers - for the combo that I found really difficult ... :bowdown:

Very surprised here - my T2 for this lap is 1'50.9xx which would put me in 5th on the leaderboard for Div 3 - just goes to show how important Casio is - here is my PAL replay:
Who is Casio? I know Casio/Brad but he's been absent for quite a while now :confused:
EDIT oh I get it - Casio is one of the corners in the final stretch of Suzuka :banghead:

Congrats to all winners ๐Ÿ‘

Here's the replay, its close (but clean) at degner

Attachments

• GTP_Manuelos WRS Week 9.zip
    118.9 KB · Views: 11
Great lap from Racer_LP... well done! You and Dan (Hyperuk) are both due a promotion me thinks.

Thanks also to DC for the exceptionaly good tune ๐Ÿ‘

Replay to follow.

Congrats to all, nice to see that I was close to people above me... in division 3 that is.
Have to try harder next time to deserve that div. 3 gold badge :D:D

Gonna have a go at wrs week 10 tomorrow :P

I ended up forgetting to sumbit my time :lol:

Congrats to everyone :cheers: Hopefully I wont forget on Week 10 to submit :crazy:

Message from the leaderboard.

Lars/NLxArosa, do you now submit under DutchCustoms? I'll change you in the board.

Regretfully 5 members of WRS forgot to post their splits (BobElHat, grevling, Lagas and gtbadboy) or did not yet know how to (atlop) - please, friends, don't forget to share your combo progress with us to keep WRS alive, competitive and kicking :lol: ๐Ÿ‘

Regretfully 5 members of WRS forgot to post their splits (BobElHat, grevling, Lagas and gtbadboy) or did not yet know how to (atlop) - please, friends, don't forget to share your combo progress with us to keep WRS alive, competitive and kicking :lol: ๐Ÿ‘

Yes, I too want to stress the importance of posting your splits, and how much it is frowned upon by not doing so.

Please take the time to post your splits at some point throughout the week. ๐Ÿ‘

If I have time tonight there will be the odd promotion awarded ๐Ÿ‘ Failing tonight, it'll be tomorrow for certain.

I ended up forgetting to sumbit my time :lol:

Congrats to everyone :cheers: Hopefully I wont forget on Week 10 to submit :crazy:

What was you laptime, Jack?

I had hoped to do a 15.7 or high .6, but whenever I started running consistently quick T2's and/or T3's I lost the ability to run 59.1 T1's

Think it was a 15.5xx or a .4xx in the end. Had a great feeling for racing the NSX! Week 10 I dont mind, alot more stressful :ouch:

GTP_aussienicko Correct spec and clean ๐Ÿ‘
GTP_Turbo Correct spec and clean ๐Ÿ‘
GTP_Manuelos Correct spec and clean ๐Ÿ‘
GTP_zed300 Wrong replay submitted. This is sl55 at Suzuka East

Guy's, please do not change the folder structure or the folder names. It makes it a hastle to put everything the way it should be. Only rename the actual zip file that you upload to something like yournameWRS09.zip.

Thanks for checking mine GTP_aussienicko. :)

Last edited:
Many congrats to all podiums - and even finishers - for the combo that I found really difficult ... :bowdown:

Who is Casio? I know Casio/Brad but he's been absent for quite a while now :confused:
EDIT oh I get it - Casio is one of the corners in the final stretch of Suzuka :banghead:

In watching a few replays, its not only Casio but 130R that seemed to hang some people up - most of the Div 3 racers had me beat by about 0.5s going into the final section. I would recommend everyone who can should watch the Div 1 drivers replays - then you'll understand how it is they can make up an entire second on you in a small section of the track when you find yourself lucky enough to be in front of them while racing. :) Watching them do it is Step 1, figuring out how and then putting it in your tool box is another thing entirely.

GTP_aussienicko Correct spec and clean ๐Ÿ‘
GTP_Turbo Correct spec and clean ๐Ÿ‘
GTP_Manuelos Correct spec and clean ๐Ÿ‘
GTP_zed300 Wrong replay submitted. This is sl55 at Suzuka East

Guy's, please do not change the folder structure or the folder names. It makes it a hastle to put everything the way it should be. Only rename the actual zip file that you upload to something like yournameWRS09.zip.

Thanks for checking mine GTP_aussienicko. :)

Russ, how do you take files that aren't in the proper directory structure and repair that so the replay can be viewed - I could probably figure it out but I'd rather ask you and spend the time racing. :)

Congratulations to all Division winners. ๐Ÿ‘
And congratulations to all Div 2 Gold drivers... I have some ground to cover there. :drool:

And thanks for the WRS organizers for this great event! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

In watching a few replays, its not only Casio but 130R that seemed to hang some people up - most of the Div 3 racers had me beat by about 0.5s going into the final section. I would recommend everyone who can should watch the Div 1 drivers replays - then you'll understand how it is they can make up an entire second on you in a small section of the track when you find yourself lucky enough to be in front of them while racing. :) Watching them do it is Step 1, figuring out how and then putting it in your tool box is another thing entirely.

For those that can't (or can't be bothered) to watch the replay, 130r really is a simple corner to take quickly... using the driving line... I was having a tiny brake dab at the start of the red line and immediately turing GENTLY for the apex on a trailing throttle (braking and turn in feel very early). Important to maintain the same steering angle all the way through the corner and avoid ANY sliding. Ideally, you'd get the inside wheels just on the grass at the apex. Interestingly, I found it quicker to hit the apex at about 124mph and be fully back on the gas just after the rumble strip than to carry 127-128mph at the apex but then have to wait slightly longer to get back on the throttle.

Personally, other than turn 1 & 2, I found Dunlop and the hairpin to be the critical corners for a fast lap.

With Dunlop I found quite early on that if I changed up to 4th mid way between the last turn of the Esses and Dunlop I didn't have to lift if I got it spot on. And I could then be flat from the exit of the Esses through Dunlop and all the way to Degner... though any sliding at all through Dunlop ruined the lap. When I got this and Turn 1/2 spot on I was hitting 59.1 T1's.

Never really felt I got the hairpin right.

Wow, I can't believe I actually did the fastest time this week. I really thought I'd be a solid 3rd with Jack and Stotty being 1st and 2nd. So what happened to Jack's time? :confused:

Congrats to everyone who entered this one and thanks to Lars for a great tune. ๐Ÿ‘

Anyway, here's my replay:

Attachments

• WRS Week 09 2'15.836.zip
    116.9 KB · Views: 15
Congrats to all podium finishers ๐Ÿ‘
and especially GTP_Nuclearfire you had me this time ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

here is my replay: (I hope it's the right one) :nervous:

Attachments

• GTP_MadMax86 WRS Week 09.zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 10
Congrats guys, just missed out on this one. But I'll take being 5/100ths off of a podium.

Congrats to all, top job there Stijn. ๐Ÿ‘ and Jack I even reminded you not to forget to submit. :ouch: Thanks to Sjaak and Jerry for there ongoing efforts. ๐Ÿ‘

My replay.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    118.8 KB · Views: 11
GTP_MadMax86 - Clean and correct specs
GTP_Racer_LP - Clean and correct specs
GTP_hyperuk - Clean and correct specs (and very fun to watch :))

GTP_MadMax86 - Clean and correct specs
GTP_Racer_LP - Clean and correct specs
GTP_hyperuk - Clean and correct specs (and very fun to watch :))

Thanks for checking, ๐Ÿ‘ Why was it fun to watch?

Back