GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments

EDK
There was a grass trick in GT4, that made the car go faster in a straight line while the tires were on the grass. That sort of chicanery will not be tolerated.

And if the abuse of this particular situation is too great, we might just have to change the rules to 4 on track for future events.

I'd love that, to be honest. Especially on the Nordschleife, where corner cutting can get quite eh... funny. But that's just me... :P

Looks like a few D2 guys are punching above their weight.. :P

It's quite normal Dan, and it will allways be like that.

Depends a lot of the combo too, like in the qualifiers, pretty sure my time @ Willow is D1 but my time @ BH should be low D2 ;)

Like in this fast combo, i will be miles away :sly:

Love the combo, but leaving a lot of rubber on the track. Can't get into the 24's on T1.
Chipping away ever so slowly.

Reactions: EDK
Wow, looking at all the other times makes me feel inferior. Two hours of work got me this:

Would love to see a sector two video from someone!

Would love to see a sector two video from someone!
We don't allow that. We've allowed sector 1 videos, as a guide to get people on the right track.

But that's as far as it goes.

Looks like a few D2 guys are punching above their weight.. :P

Meanwhile, one of the D1 guys is punching below his weight... :dunce:

T3 is 0.2 quicker. I've set ABS to 10 which makes the first corner more manageable, particularly with the dreaded DFGT brake pedal.

EDIT - Oops, typo:

Also, just threw away a 24.061 T1 with a terrible T2. :banghead:

Last edited:
Small improvement on my splits, but best T3 so far, found 0.2 sec at the finishline.

Seeing thenumber of page last night as i went tosleep,i thought the event started days ago... while doing my night reading, i realize it only started on the same day, a couple of hours barely.

Got me all excited, and now its morning time as i wake up in bed, you guys have been working hard over night LOL, ihadto finish reading everyone...

I have no idea what time i willbe putting down...
It s has been years since i last fully run on Apricot... GT2 sounds coorrect... cant wait to run back on memory lane... and tryout this beast.

The times splits you all put down looks crazy fast already... and since i will probably use the ds3 later, i dont think i cant get close to your splits

Cant wait to get out of bed and tryout :D

Last edited:
Another improvement on 3rd one hour session of the day this time 0.150 off my pb but all the gains were made in T1 and T2 and a 0.050 loss in T3 had to put abs to 10 as I too have the dfgt pedals .

T1 24.194
T2 49.394

Hey, hope everyone is doing well at this dawn of a new day. 👍 I've been at this a few hours now, taking a short break now. Have had a small improvement, but nothing to right home about just yet. It seems that this car really begs to be driven hard, very hard. You still have to be technical, but at the same time you really need to be running right on the ragged edge to squeeze the time out of it. Starting to finally get the flow of the track also. (Its about time, only have about 10 hours in this so far. :lol:)

Anyways, break time is over, back at it. :cheers:

I've set ABS to 10 which makes the first corner more manageable, particularly with the dreaded DFGT brake pedal.

Hmmmm......

*dons "Got Audi?" sweatshirt and heads to the basement to try out new knowledge*

A tad slower in T3. My quickest T2 yet, but somehow it's still slower than everyone else in D1. :confused:

Nice combo. 👍

Apricot Hill is a great track with a good rhythm and I’m happy they chose to put it back in GT6. I always favored it over the other classic, Midfield. Especially turn 3-5 feels fantastic to drive. :D

Did 10 broken laps.. that allowed me to remember Apricot, which did the trick.

Did the next 10 laps to get a feel for my early splits.

T1: 25.4??
T2: 52.0??

I can probably shave at least 1.5 sec off of my overall time...

The next step is to get used to the car... its a handful ;)

I wonder how better i would do if i were using the wheel.

Based on my early numbers, they confirms the fact that you guys are crazy fast.

Last edited:
That pitlane is a headache. It is off-track, right?

edit: tl;dr - no.

Last edited:
0 abs

over cooked brakes into 1st corner so pushed to the outside of second apex, can get an extra .400 in s1..
I just can't link it with a good s2 an 3 :banghead:

Found out what I was doing wrong now, all 3 sectors are PBs :)

:bowdown: Amazing splits Lukas.

I'm curious what you were doing wrong and how you improved it.

A question for everyone, my main problem is the hairpin, is it best to brake early and go smoothly through or slam it in sideways and drift?

About to finally put some time into this today. Reading through the thread makes me believe this is going to be a small increment decrease of time over a few hours of running this today... Perfect time to start learning how to run with the CSR today :-)

Only a quick blast for me today and a marginal improvement. Cycling's Team Sky always talk up marginal gains and if it's good enough for them, i'll take some of that...
My target for this week is to finally get the 'Travel the distance of the Autobahn' for my Platinum trophy. I've only been trying since launch day,.. :boggled:

Back