GTP_WRS Week 1 : BallS1 to the Wall

• Thread starter EDK
  • 1,076 comments
Well, if this is in fact true, then I feel that those that knew about this had an unfair advantage in the qualifier. I for one was not aware of this.

EDIT: Well, since I am running Apricot Hill right now, I'm going to do some testing on my own. I know how I'm running right now, (struggling a little) so if there is a differerence, I should be able to notice.

Last edited:
Why don't you focus on the "if this is in fact true" part before throwing out unfair advantage / conspiracy claims. :rolleyes:

I think if it were true and it was discovered someone would have pointed it out in the 60 page registry discussion thread. The fact that you could go out of bound to get a faster start at willow was found and communicated and banned in the span of a few hours.

I decided to try a few more laps and I found another tenth at the line. Finally found the best way through T2. Thanks everyone for all the tips. Lucas your tip on the hairpin helped a lot :cheers:

Why don't you focus on the "if this is in fact true" part before throwing out unfair advantage / conspiracy claims. :rolleyes:

I think if it were true and it was discovered someone would have pointed it out in the 60 page registry discussion thread. The fact that you could go out of bound to get a faster start at willow was found and communicated and banned in the span of a few hours.

Did you not read my edit, because that is exactly what I'm doing. And I wasn't making any conspiracy claims, as I said that I "feel like" if it was indeed true. Furthermore, why don't you say something to the member that started this claiming it was true here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-2-fxxza-irresistibile.300781/#post-9264897

Damn, everytime I say something or question something, you guys (staff) always have to jump on my ass. You know, sorry I even friggen exist. :indiff: You guys (staff) always have to make me feel like crap whenever you get the chance. Sorry that I'm not worthy to have an opinion. I get it, I'm just a nobody. I'll just post splits from now on and you won't hear anything else from me. :guilty:

Had a final go today and managed a slightly better T1 and T2, and over a tenth at the finish. I've really enjoyed this combo, now it's time to try the FXX. 👍

Reactions: EDK
Did you not read my edit, because that is exactly what I'm doing. And I wasn't making any conspiracy claims, as I said that I "feel like" if it was indeed true. Furthermore, why don't you say something to the member that started this claiming it was true here. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-week-2-fxxza-irresistibile.300781/#post-9264897

Damn, everytime I say something or question something, you guys (staff) always have to jump on my ass. You know, sorry I even friggen exist. :indiff: You guys (staff) always have to make me feel like crap whenever you get the chance. Sorry that I'm not worthy to have an opinion. I get it, I'm just a nobody. I'll just post splits from now on and you won't hear anything else from me. :guilty:
Yep, we're out to get you. :rolleyes: [/staff]

C'mon, Mitch. Think long and hard about why you are here. Are we really out to get you?

EDK
Yep, we're out to get you. :rolleyes: [/staff]

C'mon, Mitch. Think long and hard about why you are here. Are we really out to get you?

See, that is exactly what I'm talking about right there. For the longest time, even after I apologized to you about our misunderstandings, you have had nothing to say to me....until now when something like this pops up and you get the chance to try and belittle me with your little "Yep, we're out to get you. :rolleyes:" post, just pushing the dagger in deeper. Look, I know it sounds like I'm being sensitive here but I'm not, I'm just getting tired of being belittled by most of you....notice, I said most, with you being one of them. I know you don't like me and that's fine, but do you really need to keep twisting the dagger? And I'm here because of my love for the WRS, I just wish I could get a little respect from some of you, but I know that will never happen no matter how much I apologize, so I guess I will go back to quietly existing. Lets just end it here and I'll quietly be on my way. Sorry for distracting the thread.

See, that is exactly what I'm talking about right there. For the longest time, even after I apologized to you about our misunderstandings, you have had nothing to say to me....until now when something like this pops up and you get the chance to try and belittle me with your little "Yep, we're out to get you. :rolleyes:" post, just pushing the dagger in deeper. Look, I know it sounds like I'm being sensitive here but I'm not, I'm just getting tired of being belittled by most of you....notice, I said most, with you being one of them. I know you don't like me and that's fine, but do you really need to keep twisting the dagger? And I'm here because of my love for the WRS, I just wish I could get a little respect from some of you, but I know that will never happen no matter how much I apologize, so I guess I will go back to quietly existing. Lets just end it here and I'll quietly be on my way. Sorry for distracting the thread.
See, that's my point. Whatever gave you the idea that I don't like you?

Have your forgotten that I offered to help you with our TT's? We talked about running online together to help you find where you were losing speed. How is that hating you?

I'm not trying to call you out here, I'm genuinely interested to understand why we're at this point.

Why can't we all just.............Get along?

6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea56185270db86a8c3f0deddf7a715a8.jpg

Will anyone even bother responding to my previous question? If not, and my submission isn't accepted, then consider me out of the WRS.

EDK
See, that's my point. Whatever gave you the idea that I don't like you?

Have your forgotten that I offered to help you with our TT's? We talked about running online together to help you find where you were losing speed. How is that hating you?

I'm not trying to call you out here, I'm genuinely interested to understand why we're at this point.

Why can't we all just.............Get along?

6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea56185270db86a8c3f0deddf7a715a8.jpg

Look, just forget it alright. :) No need to keep derailing the thread any further....you may be able to get away with it, but I can't. :nervous: I know where I stand with some of you and like I said, its fine and I'll just deal with it. You won't hear anything else from me as far as conversations go, I'll just post splits and that's it. :)

Again, my apologies to my fellow WRS'ers for derailing the thread. :nervous:

I was just informed by Zuel that temp. can make a difference in your lap times. Is this true?

From my experience this is correct, however the qualifier events had a set temperature at all times during the day. So there was nothing to gain by running at different times of the day.

Some cracking times on the board 👍

That will be it for me... after not being able to run since Tuesday, I had another hour yesterday afternoon and cleaned up T3, but my G27 throttle is knackered again (only a week since I last fixed it), and the angle I need to hold my ankle/foot at to maintain full throttle is painful :lol:

Time to buy a new wheel I think.

Does Fetchy no longer give out an Accepted message now?

Only to people he likes. ;)

From my experience this is correct, however the qualifier events had a set temperature at all times during the day. So there was nothing to gain by running at different times of the day.

My fastest sector one was achieved with a temperature at the higher end of the scale, I then tried again with a much lower temperature and couldn't catch it. The only likely difference is that a lower temperature means the tyres overheat a bit slower, not really a massive advantage, unless we're somewhere like Nürburgring Nordschleife.

Sometimes having a couple days break from things can get you back to the groove, but this time it's done the opposite. Now I feel like I've never even touched the combo before. Nonetheless, I'll still try to put a good lap together today, it's okay if I don't see one, as I've gotten a lap that I'm decently satisfied at, it's not perfect, it's "sector" time is like .3 slower than my current one on the leaderboards, but it's still the best lap I've been able to put together. Yet, knowing how much that lap could be improved with a better T2 kind of forces me to not give up just yet.

I'll be submitting a replay tonight, whether it be a new improved lap, or my old best one, I know I've given this TT my best. As my first ever WRS, I have to say I've had a blast. I've had my ups and downs, gotten from frustration to joy, and I've seen splits that I thought I'd never be able to see. Setting goals to yourself and eventually reaching them is a really satisfying feeling.

Anyways, good luck to everyone on the last stretch of this TT!

We are tied at the second split. I just did a couple of laps and got a new personal best:

At first I struggled to keep up with my ghost from 3 days ago trough T2 but managed to figure it out. Bettered my first sector slightly, also the second sector because I got lucky and managed to get a fast line trough the long left hander. I guess your total time is quicker than mine though, I took the apex through the last corner a little too early and had to lift slightly at the exit to avoid going wide. Definitely slower than my previous ghost in the last sector. I might not put any more effort into this TT since I am only provisionally qualified and cannot post my replay, but will use it to pre-qualify for Wednesday's online race.

As I started doing laps today I almost forgot to put Grip Reduction on Real. It may have been that my previously posted splits were done without it. Is there any way to verify from the replays if it is set to Real or not? (Just wondering for future reference, doesn't matter now since these new splits was done with it set to Real)

Just wondering if this would be clean or not, I've tried many times and as far as I'm aware this is the furthest I go. As long as my car's in contact with that thin strip of tarmac it's clean right? Or do I need contact with the white line?

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Back