GTP_WRS Week 1 : Flooding the Boards

• Thread starter EDK
  • 179 comments
As far as use of the clutch, do I need to disable it on a settings level or am I ok if I just don't touch it while driving? I'm not really clear on why it isn't allowed here to begin with.
Just don't touch it while driving.

The clutch has had varied implementation over the years, and at times, particularly in road cars with stock settings, has provided an unfair advantage. And since not everyone has a clutch (some wheels don't have one, controller drivers won't ever have one) we simply don't allow it.

As far as use of the clutch, do I need to disable it on a settings level or am I ok if I just don't touch it while driving? I'm not really clear on why it isn't allowed here to begin with.
As long as you don't use it while driving you are fine. We try to have a level playing field and controller user do not have access to the clutch so that's one reason to disallow it.

Ok, I have gone through the thread twice and followed the advice to view the splits. The splits do not show up for me. I only get the final time. I am on PS5 if that matters?

Al

Ok, I have gone through the thread twice and followed the advice to view the splits. The splits do not show up for me. I only get the final time. I am on PS5 if that matters?

Al

I really don’t know if there’s a specific trick I’m missing that I somehow keep hitting, all I do is go in showcase (I’m pretty sure that’s what the section is called), set race info to display all, and pick a view I like (I go with chase cam for reviewing a replay). It only ever shows it for me the first time I hit the checkpoint after loading the replay, and I don’t know if it shows after skipping past the checkpoint and going back to view it. If none of that helps you may have to ask in the general GT7 forum and hope someone has encountered this issue. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though. :)

Al

I really don’t know if there’s a specific trick I’m missing that I somehow keep hitting, all I do is go in showcase (I’m pretty sure that’s what the section is called), set race info to display all, and pick a view I like (I go with chase cam for reviewing a replay). It only ever shows it for me the first time I hit the checkpoint after loading the replay, and I don’t know if it shows after skipping past the checkpoint and going back to view it. If none of that helps you may have to ask in the general GT7 forum and hope someone has encountered this issue. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that though. :)
Yeah once you fast forward or rewind, it stops showing splits for some reason. If you miss the splits the first time, you have to back out to the main menu and load the reply again to be able to see them.

Yeah once you fast forward or rewind, it stops showing splits for some reason. If you miss the splits the first time, you have to back out to the main menu and load the reply again to be able to see them.
Good to know. I came across this the first day and made a post about it but my solution was to view in Showcase, this method is a lot more convenient.

Gave this a go, was fun :)

There’s more in it but I just can’t consistently piece together a good S1 and S2.

I found brake bias 2 (rearwards) was best for me. Stopping distance seemed shorter with 0 or 1 but I lost some rotation. Going over 2 just started to extend the braking zones without allowing me to point the car to apex any better.

BB+2

I get the feeling this is what I’m going to end up submitting, but I do still have hope I can improve. I don’t think I can catch up to the fastest times, but they at least feel like something I COULD do. Probably because it’s such a short track, I’m sure normal service will be resumed! And not just in sector 3. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back