GTP_WRS Week 1 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 651 comments
EDK
Jake and Chuk run together live and in person in addition to running here on the forums, so I'm sure he checked the replay without having to grab it off the site here.

That said, any replay should be made available to all members to check, so I'll shoot Jake a PM to let him know to upload a replay that's free from corruption. ;)

Right you are, Kevin. Jake is back on the road, so he'll probably read your PM before I get to talk to him again. I know Kenny (01GTP01) downloaded my replay and viewed it, but didn't post about it. (It's green, but feel free to check.) If I do talk to Jake, I'll tell him.

GTP_RedReevos
gflagjn4.gif

The following replays still need verification (I've also added links to the results page):
GTP_eclipsi (PAL) (Replay)
GTP_Fonut (PAL) (Replay)
GTP_DANNY-D (PAL) (Replay)
GTP_RedReevos (NTSC) (Replay)
GTP_Joost (PAL) (Replay)
GTP_tyl0r_r (NTSC) (Replay)
GTP_BLOODHOUND (PAL) (Replay)
GTP_jimantonic (PAL) (Replay)
GTP_MadMax86 (PAL) (Replay)

The following still need to post replays:
GTP_joeninety (GTP_joeninety_)
billyjoebobx (GTP_billyjoebobx)
Neenor (GTP_Neenor)
geordan (GTP_geordan)
concrete (GTP_Duncan)
GTP_Cobra (GTP_Cobra)
kayman (GTP_kayman)
goa2goa (GTP_Goa)
Yeomans (GTP_Yeomans)
MrJim (GTP_MrJim)

Checking the two NTSC replays.

:cool:

It wasn't that I didn't see yours or Dude's posts, they were not viewable at the time I posted...probably for GTPorsche as well...but always good that replays get checked by three or four than none at all.

steven
I was going to post the replay of my lap for the first week of WRS but by mistake saved my whole race instead of my fastest lap. The file size (1.5mb) exceeds the GTP limit, so I can't post it.

Pekka/MadMax kindly agreed to do the checking for me after I send him the file by email.

If anyone disagrees to this please let me know and I'll withdraw from WRS week 1.
With the experience you have and everything you've done for GTPlanet, in my mind you are not a cheater... So if the lap is clean, no problem for me.

Checked Steven's replay I got in email :
post #1
29--1'08.019---GTP_Steven
picture.php

MadMax

lets try this one out Kev. Thanks to you and chuk for clarifying to the other members 👍

Attachments

• GTP_Jake_WRS_Week1.zip
    186.9 KB · Views: 22
I've got both NTSC..I'll review now

Nevermind...I should remember when I leave the browser open for a couple of hrs that people will actually check stuff. ;)

Still corrupt for me. Did you re-export the replay?

I'm also going to try it later when I am home in front of the console.

Are you able to Un-Zip it and put it on your flash drive, and then it shows as corrupt when you go to copy it on the console?

Still corrupt for me. Did you re-export the replay?

yup, I did it all over again. This is odd. I exported the replay, saved it to my drive, zip it with winrar, and uploaded it.

Jαke;4959104
yup, I did it all over again. This is odd. I exported the replay, saved it to my drive, zip it with winrar, and uploaded it.

The problem is when you want to import the file in GT5 replay menu. It says : The data is corrupted (XMB) and then it says (ingame) : Failed to import replay from save data. Please check that you have enough space on your Hard Disk Drive (HDD) ???
Something's wrong there because I have about 100 GB free on my HDD.

I am no expert but I think the zipping is not the issue.
Only difference I've noticed is that in the replay's description, the laptime does not appear.

EDK
I'm also going to try it later when I am home in front of the console.

Are you able to Un-Zip it and put it on your flash drive, and then it shows as corrupt when you go to copy it on the console?

I also got a corrupt file message, but not until I tried to import it to the replay theatre in the game. I was able to unzip it, copy it to USB flash drive, then copy it onto my PS3 without any problems.

here are some suggestions:
1) see if you can import the file onto your own ps3 immediately after export without zipping
2) try to import it after zipping and unzipping
3) export a different replay and try to import that one
4) try a different zipping program

I have noticed that my laptime I submitted is the one that is listed in the actual replay. Which I believe represents the last time not the current replay. Sorry for all this.
1'05.454 instead of .488

I have re-exported and saved from the PS3 USB slot instead of through the USB hub. I don't know if that will change anything, but I am running out of ideas...

Last edited:
The folder the replay is in has to go into a folder named SAVEDATA which has to go into a folder named PS3. If it isn't this way, it will show up as corrupt data.

OK I imported the replay and it is indeed corrupt. So I exported it again to a different USB drive and was able to import it from there. This is the new file attached. Hopefully it will work.

Attachments

• Jake_Week1.zip
    190.9 KB · Views: 17
Jαke;4959472
OK I imported the replay and it is indeed corrupt. So I exported it again to a different USB drive and was able to import it from there. This is the new file attached. Hopefully it will work.
Glad you figured it out. I checked the lap and it's good. 👍

(Well, good except for being a faster time than submitted.)

Sorry about the delay; replay is attached. (Hope I did it right...)

Attachments

• PS3_GT5_WRS1_Replay.zip
    559.6 KB · Views: 16
Glad you figured it out. I checked the lap and it's good. 👍

(Well, good except for being a faster time than submitted.)

it reads as .488 while watching the replay so I mistook it for being the lap time. Not off to a good start I guess.

Back