GTP_WRS Week 1 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 651 comments
I vote to not let this guy check replays if his happiness is really proportional to the number of people DQed! :scared:

What, Manuelos raised a good point and I agree 100% with him. Since when did I state that it would make me happy to see others disqualified ?

Rules are there to be followed.

I vote to not let this guy check replays if his happiness is really proportional to the number of people DQed! :scared:

?? Strange thing to say. If replays submitted after the deadline are allowed, it kind of makes a mockery of the rules. Sets a bad precedent and encourages further flouting of the rules, surely..? Fuzzy isn't speaking out of turn or saying anything unreasonable so maybe you should reconsider your statement.

?? Strange thing to say. If replays submitted after the deadline are allowed, it kind of makes a mockery of the rules. Sets a bad precedent and encourages further flouting of the rules, surely..? Fuzzy isn't speaking out of turn or saying anything unreasonable so maybe you should reconsider your statement.

+1.

I, for one, feel confident that even-handed justice will be meted out where needed by the powers that be!

What, Manuelos raised a good point and I agree 100% with him. Since when did I state that it would make me happy to see others disqualified ?

Rules are there to be followed.
You definitely stated that you "won't be happy" if people aren't disqualified, so it would stand to reason that you will only be happy if they are. I just find it strange that you care at all whether their replays are accepted late, as if it inconveniences you or you would have preferred to also submit yours late.

I think there are firm rules for the competition, and then 'normal' rules that are intended to keep the WRS flowing smoothly. I don't see any problem with bending the latter for special cases if no one is hurt by it. Without knowing someone's reason for being late, I wouldn't be calling for their disqualification when the mods are pretty capable of making that decision themselves.

I think it's also relevant to consider that there are a lot of new people here and it's the first week.

You definitely stated that you "won't be happy" if people aren't disqualified, so it would stand to reason that you will only be happy if they are. I just find it strange that you care at all whether their replays are accepted late, as if it inconveniences you or you would have preferred to also submit yours late.

I think there are firm rules for the competition, and then 'normal' rules that are intended to keep the WRS flowing smoothly. I don't see any problem with bending the latter for special cases if no one is hurt by it. Without knowing someone's reason for being late, I wouldn't be calling for their disqualification when the mods are pretty capable of making that decision themselves.

I think it's also relevant to consider that there are a lot of new people here and it's the first week.

No I won't be happy if the GTP Race Admins let it happen, because the rules clearly state that you must send in your replay within seven days. Those who don't should get disqualified, it's happened in the past in the WRS.

That in bold sums up your mind frame towards the rules and it's not a good mind set.

No I won't be happy if the GTP Race Admins let it happen, because the rules clearly state that you must send in your replay within seven days. Those who don't should get disqualified, it's happened in the past in the WRS.

That in bold sums up your mind frame towards the rules and it's not a good mind set.
Here's my mind set: "WRS is supposed to be a fun competition. All of the driving rules need to be followed to ensure the competition is fair. If replays are requested, they should be submitted in a timely fashion, but until then I assume that the time is valid because the others are fair competitors. If extenuating circumstances prevent them from submitting their replay in 7 days, and it's not much trouble for the mods, it should be accepted."

Here's your mind set: "WRS is serious. Every rule must be followed to a 'T' or you're disqualified. If you don't send in your replay in 7 days, I think you're a cheater and your time shouldn't count. I don't care if you were away on business or had to go take care of your sick parent, the hours you put into your laps don't count."

Remind me again who has the bad mind set?

Here's my mind set: "WRS is supposed to be a fun competition. All of the driving rules need to be followed to ensure the competition is fair. If replays are requested, they should be submitted in a timely fashion, but until then I assume that the time is valid because the others are fair competitors. If extenuating circumstances prevent them from submitting their replay in 7 days, and it's not much trouble for the mods, it should be accepted."

Here's your mind set: "WRS is serious. Every rule must be followed to a 'T' or you're disqualified. If you don't send in your replay in 7 days, I think you're a cheater and your time shouldn't count. I don't care if you were away on business or had to go take care of your sick parent, the hours you put into your laps don't count."

Remind me again who has the bad mind set?

Well I disagree, your just assuming again. Let's see what the GTP Race Admins have to say. But don't come on here and question my opinions and make false statements about me.

@Apollo33 - Here's your mind-set:

"Anyone can submit their replays whenever they feel like, despite what it says in the rules and, as a consequence of this, the WRS results will remain provisional and admins and racers alike must keep checking to see if the late replays have been posted yet, which will get very tedious and pretty soon it will stop seeming like a fun competition, the rules of which exist not only to ensure fair play but also to make less work for the race admins, since they don't get paid for this."

Most of us stuck to the rules... seems fair those that didn't bother are penalised as stated.

Now give it a rest eh? :)

11--1'08.355--- GTP_MrJim
gflagjn4.gif
bflagtp3.gif

You should really learn the right analog stick for throttle and brake. That was some crazy sliding due to full throttle!

Last edited:
GTP_MrJim
bflagtp3.gif
- Replay submitted 5 days past the dealine for submission

Well I disagree, your[sic] just assuming again. Let's see what the GTP Race Admins have to say. But don't come on here and question my opinions and make false statements about me.
You disagree with what? What false statements? I was characterizing my interpretation of your beliefs, and much better than Vagabond did for mine :P. As for not questioning your opinions, who do you think you are?

Okay, to settle this:

First, thanks to Apollo33 for taking the time to check the replay, I know you didn't have to.

Second, (and I take full responsibility for this) I didn't know until last night that a replay had been requested of me; I found out via reading a PM that had been sent 5 days ago. I was under the impression that I would get a PM right away if I needed to submit one. Therefore because of not knowing a replay had been requested, I didn't send one within the 7 required days. Either way though, I honestly would not be at all offended if my submission were DQ'd because I understand that rules are rules.

Thirdly, I don't know who noticed but I did say sorry for the late submission and at that point didn't even know exactly how late my submission was. So again, my sincere apologies to anyone who is made "unhappy" if my late submission is accepted.

OK, this is an interesting point. Rules are obviously there for a reason and should be enforced. I have seen people DQ'd from the WRS before now for failing to provide a replay within the allowed time and this has been strictly adhered too. However, there are many new members here who are probably unaware of the rules and a degree of leniency would be prudent in some cases. Rather than argue amongst ourselves, why not let Kev and the guys decide whether the replay is valid, it is after all their call, either way the OP will know next time of the expectations. I certainly wont argue if a couple of late submissions are accepted in the first week or two.

If I, along with others, who were in violation of conduct for posting a wrong time and not eligible for a WRS, but doing so within the deadline, then why is submitting a replay beyond the deadline not a same offense?

No offense to Mr.Jim or others, but a rule/protocol violation is a rule/protocol violation.

I was prevented from entering WRS Week 2 because of this...as others.

Why should others be treated any differently?

If I, along with others, who were in violation of conduct for posting a wrong time and not eligible for a WRS, but doing so within the deadline, then why is submitting a replay beyond the deadline not a same offense?

No offense to Mr.Jim or others, but a rule/protocol violation is a rule/protocol violation.

What did you do? I didn't follow that.

We made a decision to extend the replay deadline due to the sheer number of required replays and the fact that this process is new to many people.

Having a clean lap is the most important thing a WRS participant can do, submitting the right time is the second most important.

These are judgement calls on the part of the stewards.

Have an issue?

PM me or any of the race admins directly. Don't take your mistake and our decision out on fellow competitors in the thread.

What did you do? I didn't follow that.

Accidentally submitting my split time instead of lap time. Tried to correct it, but Vaxen didn't accept it. My error. Rules are rules.

Second, (and I take full responsibility for this) I didn't know until last night that a replay had been requested of me; I found out via reading a PM that had been sent 5 days ago. I was under the impression that I would get a PM right away if I needed to submit one.

You normally do not get any PM requesting you to send in a replay. It is your own responsibility to check the results thread to se if one is needed from you.

Last edited:
Anghammarad
You normally do not get any PM requesting you to send in a replay. It is your own responsibility to check the results thread to se if one is needed from you.

Thanks. Now I know for next time.

Results are now official. The last two submitted replays have been accepted and marked as verified.

Amazing participation... keep it up! 👍

Back