GTP_WRS Week 1 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 119 comments
Thanks for checking Deton.

Pretty darn happy with my result, gained five spots in t3.

Times at the top are disgusting as expected, can't wait to watch James' replay. Its fantastic that we can finally view any replay, regardless of region.

my guess is to download them and then upload the unzipped version back onto the ps3 to review them.

don't quote me 100% on that, but I think that is about right.
One step after that - import them into GT6 using the "Load Files" part of the Gallery (scroll all the way to the right).

As for the corrupt file, you cannot change the name of the folder from BCJS37016-RPLYXXX (the XXX is a number). There is some black art on correcting that for replays where the uploader changed the folder.

Ooh... Hmm... First ever submission (other than quals), and it's clear I definitely need to put more effort in.

I knew I wasn't going to have a "great" time because the Audi wasn't really my style of driving... But I was thinking middle-lower division 2 pack... Not 130th on the handicap scale. :odd:

FXX is more my style.

The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on! :mischievous:

@mike_gt3: Wow....very nice lap there 👍 I can't believe you had no lock up/sliding at the hairpin and the first S3 corner? At the hairpin I had to slide it to get it round in a decent manner and even with braking in a straight line before the S3 corner I still got a fair amount of lock. I'm assuming you have a wheel and pedals yeah? I have to make do with the DS3 but was still very happy with my lap anyway.

Ooh... Hmm... First ever submission (other than quals), and it's clear I definitely need to put more effort in.

I knew I wasn't going to have a "great" time because the Audi wasn't really my style of driving... But I was thinking middle-lower division 2 pack... Not 130th on the handicap scale. :odd:

FXX is more my style.

The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on! :mischievous:

You didn't do that badly, especially if the car is not to your tastes...and I'm not sure the handicap scale is a huge guide after 1 event...after all, I was second on the handicap list and my time was slower than yours!! Different people will do better with some cars....I would argue I overachieved a fair amount on this one as I am most comfortable with AWD/4WD/FF cars whereas I will underachieve with the FXX as I can't get a handle on it. That's the good thing about the handicap system, over time it takes everything into account

GTP_PASM:
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Thanks for checking 👍

Thanks for checking @mcsqueegy.

nyyppa:
user118395pic1573412914.gif

Well done to all podium finishers, and nice to see that the same amount of people submitted splits as there are lap times.

You didn't do that badly, especially if the car is not to your tastes...and I'm not sure the handicap scale is a huge guide after 1 event...after all, I was second on the handicap list and my time was slower than yours!! Different people will do better with some cars....I would argue I overachieved a fair amount on this one as I am most comfortable with AWD/4WD/FF cars whereas I will underachieve with the FXX as I can't get a handle on it. That's the good thing about the handicap system, over time it takes everything into account

I was just way off in my prediction of what the top times would be, so when I hit my lap I just thought "eh, I could do better but I think my wheel will stab me in my sleep tonight if I try" :lol:

Lesson learned: whatever I think the top times will be, take about a second and a half off of that and I'm probably closer to the truth.

Aliens.jpg

I was just way off in my prediction of what the top times would be, so when I hit my lap I just thought "eh, I could do better but I think my wheel will stab me in my sleep tonight if I try" :lol:

Lesson learned: whatever I think the top times will be, take about a second and a half off of that and I'm probably closer to the truth.

Aliens.jpg

Yeah, I can understand that. I didn't really consider what times the top guys would be running....I just got as far as I could and thought "Meh....I'm not last and I'm above guys 2 divisions above me so I'm happy". If I'd started thinking about it, I would've just freaked out and got slower lol. Well, hopefully you get a better time in the FXX if it suits you better...me, I'm expecting to be near the bottom :P

Towards the end of the week I was starting to suspect that the toptimes would be somewhere around 1.11.5xx, and I guess I wasn't too far off in the end.

When you drive one car/track combo for who knows how many hours and miles, you kinda start to develop some sort of idea of what kind of times are possible on the finish line, and of course, seeing everyones 1st and 2nd splits kinda helps with the math.

Here it is guys, very happy with my final run! I didn't realize I could that far under my handicap :) Congrats to all podiumers

BOOM!

Thanks for the vid Twissy. It makes me happy to know that I had the same *basic* lines as the top guy, I just did it a lot more sloppy. What's your trick to keep it straight in cars like this? I always found myself sideways between 1&2 and the corner just before the chicanes... fun as hell... but not exactly "quick" haha

I've seen the last sector be make or break in the past but I didn't expect to jump like I did, especially in such a busy week. I reached my goal for the week so regardless, I'm pleased with where I finished. It seems like sometimes people get caught up in the sector times all week and T3 doesn't get the same attention (I can be just as bad as anyone) which can make for some interesting results. I was only able to get 50 good laps in and I know I left some more time out there, I would've loved to have seen what I could do with a little more time but such is life.

Congrats to all the podium finishers and to those that reached or surpassed their goals.

Congrats to all the winners and podiums. :cheers:

Thanks to all submitters and the staff for making this a memorable event. 👍

Very much so.

Should I post my replay on this thread? Wouldn't attach from my phone, but thought I would check and do it when I get home from work.

Very much so.

Should I post my replay on this thread? Wouldn't attach from my phone, but thought I would check and do it when I get home from work.
Your replay is already available for someone to download from the leaderboard: http://wrs.gtplanet.net/GT6/results/1/
(the little [?] icon on the right)

The [?]'s will automatically change to green flags when someone posts in this thread a name followed by the green flag pic (once we get the leaderboard updating again),
signifying that they've checked a replay.

Just noticed that the leaderboard has 144 results but the results thread only has 143. Looks like Gazleton has been missed off the results thread, he finished in 131st position according to the leaderboard.

Some incredible times here, well done everyone.

Well done James for the win.. Impressive as always.. :bowdown: Congrats to Mike and Bart for 2nd and 3rd.. 👍

I'm a little disappointed to not get my best splits in one lap as a low .7 would have been my perfect lap.. And to only improve my handicap by -0.001 :rolleyes: But hey ho.. Pleased to not got beat by D2 though :lol:

:cheers:

Well Done James for the outright win & congrats to all podium places. :bowdown:

Having come in at 39th overall, I'm pretty pleased with the result. My goal was to crack the 1:12's & after achieving that, I'm also pleased to know that I performed to the best of my ability having been only 0.056 off my handicap.

It's been a fantastic week with the submissions, so to all the admins :bowdown:

Is there a tutorial on how to verify. I have the files but can't figure out how to send the data to my PS3 without overwriting saved data. And I don't want to mess up anything. Here's my path- Saved data utility --> USB Device --> GT6 replay --> Triangle for options --> Copy --> That's when I get the message about overwriting data, is it safe?

Is there a tutorial on how to verify. I have the files but can't figure out how to send the data to my PS3 without overwriting saved data. And I don't want to mess up anything. Here's my path- Saved data utility --> USB Device --> GT6 replay --> Triangle for options --> Copy --> That's when I get the message about overwriting data, is it safe?

The replay file will only overwrite another file of the same category, with a same name. So you won't lose any saved games or stuff like that, just one of the replays that you've exported to your ps3 from GT6.

Fantastic start to the GT6 edition of the WRS! Thanks to the admins for all the hard work and the super combo to start us off. And congratulations to all 140+ that survived week 1 and submitted. :cheers: Hope to see even more next week!

Disappointed with myself a bit going from 39 to 64. :eek: I knew that downhill left in T3 was going to kill me, just didn't know by how much. At least I can watch the masters do it. :) James, you're nuts brother.

Yes, I noticed that as well. Also, most of D4 got heavily negative handicaps.

However, you'll noticed that D4 is sprinkled all through D3, so that makes sense. I may tinker with the weights before finalizing things, but yes, D2 underperformed as a group.

We'll likely stick with "no-damage" handicap, but this too is under review.

Speaking as one of those D4 guys... I may have accidentally sandbagged.

Going into WRS I thought I'd probably spend about 2 hours each week. I spent a total of 8 in the qualifier and was worried I was putting in too much time and would over qualify. I honestly thought my submission was the best I could do. D4G seemed reasonable since I was D4S last time I participated.

So I put my initial 2 hours into this TT, and got a time that I see would have been in the D4G range.

Except I was having fun, and participating in the forums, and saw room for improvement I thought I was capable of attaining. With each tiny bump in PB I got more encouraged.

All told I probably spent 10 hours this week. Turns out you get a much better result that way. Who knew? ;)

I also think those of us in D4 do much better in TTs where we can discuss the lap, compared to the silent qualifier. You more experienced folk had a ton of great advice! :gtpflag:

We'll see how I fare next TT. It'll all even out eventually.

Back