GTP_WRS Week 10 : A Scary Rx (Team Trial Challenge Event 2)

• Thread starter Jump_Ace
  • 344 comments
I really don't want to re-ignite this discussion as it's done but I need to vent anyway....I don't see how the boundary rules for the first chicane make replay checking easier or more consistent. Having run it quite a bit yesterday it's a total S.O.B! The fast line is so close to being dirty that it's taking more time checking than running the darn laps :(

Hey guys, quick question about the allowed tuning list, more specifically the wing. Since I never used custom parts before and there are multiple options in the wing section to chose from, I was wondering which one is the best? Is it better to go for a generic wing or a custom one? Also, at the bottom of the allowed tuning list is "Non-horsepower upgrades are legal". Does this refer to all the other upgrades listed in the allowed tuning list, or are there other updates you can install that aren't on that list and if so which one(s)?

^ Downforce values are AFAIK, absolute. So my input is that my custom wing has a maximum of 20. 💡

Could somebody share their diff setting? I used 8/25/8 and running too hard out of the corner it oversteered.

Another session. Default settings except for the tranny trick.

1'33.231

Having trouble hitting 41,5 at t1 again, t2 is close to identical with my previuos, but gained 1.8 second at the line. :eek: Learning new tracks is so much fun. :D

I've been waiting forever for an event with a rotary Mazda and you guys had to wait to post it until the day after my son was born!! I will probably skip tuning events for the next while due to the extra time I try to spend with tuning but I cannot pass up this opportunity. I'll do my best to post some time this week even if they're not very competitive.

I've been waiting forever for an event with a rotary Mazda and you guys had to wait to post it until the day after my son was born!! I will probably skip tuning events for the next while due to the extra time I try to spend with tuning but I cannot pass up this opportunity. I'll do my best to post some time this week even if they're not very competitive.
Congratulation, Daddy :cheers: to you, you new son and his mother! :cheers:

First full session with a old gt5 tune
Which worked surprisingly well thou not 100% still lots of time out there as mucked up in last sector with a well held drift.

T1 30.933
T2 1:31.478

Special case, special measures.
Rules understood: check
Oversteer engaged: check
Race display disabled: check

Congratulations!

1'32.952

Losing so much time to you guys in sector 2.

@Teamsreth : You need to change your signature mate...you are no longer in Division 3 (according to the leaderboard anyway).....I have more than enough competition there thank you :lol:

Today has been good for finding time and, temporarily, find myself fastest in Division 3...am sure that will change pretty soon mind :(

S1: 42.106
S2: 1:33.073

Final run of the day settled on my setup very quickly thou I'm still debating on chassis reinforcement and aero level.

T1 40.683
T2 1:31.467

Lost time in t2 but gained 0.250 at the line

@nursemorph : all done, and that's a great sector 2

Much better 👍 And, thanks, I really have no idea how it is happening :confused: More worrying is that I think I can go quite a bit quicker as well.....FR cars don't normally suit me and the x/[] buttons on my DS3 (not to mention auto gears) but it just seems to be clicking. It freaks me out quite a lot when I set good times like that :lol:...makes me wonder what I've done wrong but I swear everything was correct

First go, not got much feeling for the car or track yet :scared:

1'32.046

...but clean :D

@skyline1683 Steve, not insinuating anything as you are fast, but how can you be 9 tenths faster in T1 and the same as me in T2? Are you following the OP for a clean line through the chicanes? If so 👍 on the speed :)

@skyline1683 Steve, not insinuating anything as you are fast, but how can you be 9 tenths faster in T1 and the same as me in T2? Are you following the OP for a clean line through the chicanes? If so 👍 on the speed :)

Yes I am following the OP I have two wheels on the track at all times through both chicanes and have spent 20 mins checking my fastest lap thus far to make sure I comply.
The reason my T2 is slow is because I had a oversteer moment on the right hander just after T1 and also had a slide on exit to back straight which also cost me time heading to the t2 spilt.

Also my tune is making it pretty easy for me to attack this track at 100% with out over stepping the boundaries.

Yes I am following the OP I have two wheels on the track at all times through both chicanes and have spent 20 mins checking my fastest lap thus far to make sure I comply.
The reason my T2 is slow is because I had a oversteer moment on the right hander just after T1 and also had a slide on exit to back straight which also cost me time heading to the t2 spilt.

Also my tune is making it pretty easy for me to attack this track at 100% with out over stepping the boundaries.

👍 Great T1 :)

Must be a shortcut I am missing in T1 somewhere :confused:. I am guessing the huge disparity in times is the ability to take that first chicane way faster than I am doing.

👍 Great T1 :)

Thanks that first chicane if you take the right approach you can almost straight line it keeping two wheels on the track at both apex il try post a clip of it tomorrow.

When you hit it just right you can exit it in 3rd with a lot of speed and time gain.

It's much the same with the second chicane thou I won't be able to post that.

Back