GTP_WRS Week 10: Lake Sainte-Croix

In the event I don't improve today I'm submitting this lap with slower splits.

1:32.020
2:01.503

Is there a factor of warming up tires or temperature going up during the session? I noticed that first lap out of pits the braking and cornering isn't as good as some laps into the session. Or is it my subjective feeling?
If you are doing a time trial you don't start in the pits, it begins before the last turn. (so you are up to speed when crossing the finish line and starting the timer. I've not noticed a difference, I'll pay attention to your theory when I'm on again.

I did notice that the time trial miles will degrade the oil. Not sure if oil quality is a factor in GT7 but regardless I would like to think that PD would remove that variable in time trial mode. Just in case I have been changing the oil but have not noticed any difference in performance.

In the event I don't improve today I'm submitting this lap with slower splits.

1:32.020
2:01.503

If you are doing a time trial you don't start in the pits, it begins before the last turn. (so you are up to speed when crossing the finish line and starting the timer. I've not noticed a difference, I'll pay attention to your theory when I'm on again.

I did notice that the time trial miles will degrade the oil. Not sure if oil quality is a factor in GT7 but regardless I would like to think that PD would remove that variable in time trial mode. Just in case I have been changing the oil but have not noticed any difference in performance.
I noticed the oil degraded during the time trials, but also didn’t notice much difference when I changed the oil, but I didn’t let it degrade too far so maybe it would have a bigger effect the more it’s degraded. Given my poor times I may not be the best judge of this, but thought I’d give my input in the matter

1:31.630
2:01.292

and still not much faster in the end. I guess this is it for me even though i didn't find the perfect lines for this car yet.

If the oil status drops down to "Normal" (visible in GT Auto maintenance) i guess you should change oil, the peak power will drop 1-2hp shortly after that. I have the feeling that the oil deteroriation is quicker, in GT6 it was about 500km until dropping to "Normal", now it's more like 300km...

One of the things I really liked about this combo was the patience needed to get the car to do what you want! I hope everyone enjoyed the challenge! I you created a Livery, please share!!!!
I liked the quirkiness of the car, added some spice to learning the unfamiliar (for me) track. 😀👍
I made and shared a Gitanes livery which you can find in the Styles with the tag gtpwrs010. :cheers:

Again, slightly slower split times thanks to a bad 3rd sector but new best lap time submitted with these splits

1:32.256
2:01.650

I would have thought the opposite would be true because of the quirky nature of the car but I had fewer new "best" laps than usual. I also never had a faster split 4 time than my first "best" lap. Probably just a me thing.

Good luck to all and I'm moving on to week 11

I know that :)
I should write it in quotation marks, first lap out of pits meaning first lap after starting a new session.

I noticed that I couldn't match the braking to the first corner in a new session compared to my best lap ghost no matter how hard I tried. Best lap was always few laps into the session. Maybe it's my fault, but I think I braked exactly the same as the ghost but still that first braking was inferior, also cornering lines in few first turns were off, but that might be an overinterpretation on my part.

On subsequent laps that first braking was so much better and quite easily matched with the ghost.

Last edited:
I have notice that as well, first lap I always feel less grip, no matter what. I use T300RS and the FFB is quite noticeable how after the first lap it softens up and I can get the car to rotate easier which I just assume has to do with that but I don't really know, my knowledge is practically none-existent, maybe it has to do with something else.

Back