GTP_WRS Week 101 : We Wish You a Sunny Christmas

• Thread starter EDK
  • 89 comments

BB 3/3

Relaxing combo, pretty easy to get into a good rhythm throughout but difficult to get a really good exit out the second set of corners. Had a lot of fun playing with the braking points on the last corner to see how much I can get away with to get a good run down the main straight.

I won't be able to get some laps done from the 24th to the 26th, so I'll probably just try again right before the deadline.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :gtpflag:

I mean how the car handles. Strange mix of understeer and oversteer. But it's something different so don't take it as a complaint.

I also ran my first laps with 3/3 BB.
Yeah, that's the FF trade off, to some extent. And then the compound stagger I chose, but this seemed to be the best compromise.

Don't worry, was not taking it as a complaint, was more curious what you meant.

The other thing is that I've not had that much wheel time lately, very little in 6 months in reality (on GT).

So I'm probably not as tuned in as I once would have been.

Got a decent third sector this time. That last corner is tricky too, the rumble strips are treacherous while breaking and can push you towards the inside, better brake earlier and set up the car for a late apex. Gained almost 4 tenths at the line. :)

Merry Christmas to all fellow WRSers! :cheers:

I have a room open in GTP_WRS right now, testing for the online races. Probably be there up to an hour, then we switch over to the EU Supra race.

I've seen so many 21.1××/2×× 1st splits.. then get this slower S1 to end up .2×× up at the line.. seems to becoming a bad habit of mine.. how ever I managed to carry a lot of momentem through the double left in S2.. without hitting the barrier.. so must be more time to find.. if I get time..

0'21.317
0'46.550

Happy Xmas to all... :cheers:

I put about 75 miles in tonight and only called it quits as my times were going the wrong way. I managed to take over a second off my previous best so it was good in the end.

Thankfully this is a long weekend so I'll have plenty of time to practice. I may even dig my DFGT out!

Splits after a 2 hour 15 minute (~250km) session:

Brakes 7/5 , shifting up at the rev limiter 95/96 km/h and 140-142 km/h.

After 200km something clicked and I started to chip away big chunks of time in all sectors. (Mainly in sector 2)

I've had slightly faster sectors 1 and 3. A little under 1 tenth left in it for me.

Brakes 7/5 ,
Nice splits. 👍 I was wondering when someone was going to come in here and show us the way. :sly:

Hmm, I didn't try front biased brakes. I did run with even bias at first, then changed to rear. But have to admit that my technique in the second set of turns is compromised, will have to try out the front bias.

And again.. with proof.. :crazy:

23319407203_f4bd98dc22_n.jpg

23837938872_be9902c50f_n.jpg

23837935242_40b3b906d3_n.jpg

23837930802_3eeef5bd6d_n.jpg

23837933172_a7782016bc_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And again..

Triend to edit your post to make the pic work, but I am not fidning it on Flickr, even with direct link.

But man, you have some beautiful RL photos on your account. :drool:

EDK
Triend to edit your post to make the pic work, but I am not fidning it on Flickr, even with direct link.

But man, you have some beautiful RL photos on your account. :drool:

Thanks.. Flickr changed how to grab image link.. worked it out in the end..:cheers:

Reactions: EDK
I did an early session today and managed to knock off some time from my best lap yesterday. I than proceeded without saving the lap like and idiot and set a new best with a very dirty lap. Following that I spent about 20 minutes trying to set a better lap that was also clean.

Back