GTP_WRS Week 104 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 65 comments
I err, I may have done that once,..okay, okay, at least twice...... :embarrassed:

Yeah Yeah once or twice :lol:

GTP_DGiant2000
gflagjn4.gif

Nice lap Andy.

My replay

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-F2922BE7001.zip
    122.8 KB · Views: 9
Thumbs up for everybody. Congratulations to the podiums. Good job Nish.

Just one thing... If you have a thumbs up do you have to post the data?

On another note, I would have been 82nd in the runnings of the fastest lap of the Clio, but now... I'm about 102nd... BAH

I checked it on the iPhone app which shows you the times for each place, before anyone gets suspicious.

Just one thing... If you have a thumbs up do you have to post the data?

Only podium times (Top 3 in each division) need to post their data.

The 👍 is simply recognition that you outperformed the average of your division.

EDK
Only podium times (Top 3 in each division) need to post their data.

The 👍 is simply recognition that you outperformed the average of your division.

How many outperformances before you level up? If I get to division 3 I'm toast and will never win again.

How many outperformances before you level up? If I get to division 3 I'm toast and will never win again.

Promotions only happen when people show a consistent pace over a number of weeks, the thumbs up means you are in the top 25% of your division in terms of time (difficult to explain I know) and not neccessarily outperforming everyone in the division (e.g. see week 103 where 6 out of 9 in D3 got a thumbs up) as it is based on being more than one standard deviation away from the mean.

Kevin monitors the situation carefully and will only promote drivers when he see's they are consistently running at the pace of the division above ( I had 19 straight podiums including 7 golds before I made it out of D4!!!).

I guess it is unlikely you will get promoted until your results have been verified however,so hopefully you can get that USB stick sorted soon so we can make your podiums official 👍

Yes, it's when you consistently perform on the level above yours that you are promoted. I've been in division 2 from the start and have exactly one promotion (from silver to gold) in the 39 WRS events I've taken part in. I've podiumed about half of those 39 but it is a rare week indeed when I beat a division 1 racer so I am clearly in the right division.

Great combination, I really liked it...
Congrats to all podium'ers and anybody else.

Here is my reply. I know I could have done better (I had better 1st & 2nd sectors), but that's my total.
Please, while approving my reply, if one could analyze my driving carefully and tel me if he sees some basic mistake that I could fix it would be very appreciated. ;-)

Attachments

• YossiGab_WRS104.zip
    117.3 KB · Views: 7
GTP_Roomboter
gflagjn4.gif
- Good lap mate, very smooth and on the power quickly, particularly in T3 which seemed to make the difference this week

GTP_yossigab
gflagjn4.gif
- I know this technically didn't need checking but you asked for some advice so I will try and help (I realise I'm not the best qualified here for this and there are plenty of other faster drivers who may be able to help further or even disagree!). This was a good clean lap but was probably a bit over-cautious, there were a few points, 1st turn, 100r and the turn that replaces the dunlop chicane (not sure what it's called) where you could brake a few metres later and carry an extra 3 or 4 mph through the corner. Over the course of a lap, these small gains can be quite significant. Also, on the last 3 turns (the infield section) you take quite a narrow line into the bends meaning you are later getting on the power. I find the best line for these three is to run out as wide as possible coming into the bends, then turn in sharp, straighten up and hit the pedal as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps a bit, if you want to see what I'm talking about, watch one of the replays posted (roomboter's is a good example) and compare each corner to how you took it in your lap and you will see where the small gains in time (Which add up to a few seconds over a lap) come from. Keep it up though, improvement comes mostly through practise 👍

GTP_Roomboter
gflagjn4.gif
- Good lap mate, very smooth and on the power quickly, particularly in T3 which seemed to make the difference this week

Thanks for checking and the comliment. But your giving yourself a compliment aswell at the same time. The diffrence between us at T2 was about .150 and at the line it was still about .150. So our sector time in T3 was about the same.

T3 made a big diffrence in some cases this week but not between us. That T3at Fuji makes the WRS extra exciting. I remember week 93 very good, and i'm still happy with that week.

Thanks for checking and the comliment. But your giving yourself a compliment aswell at the same time. The diffrence between us at T2 was about .150 and at the line it was still about .150. So our sector time in T3 was about the same.

T3 made a big diffrence in some cases this week but not between us. That T3at Fuji makes the WRS extra exciting. I remember week 93 very good, and i'm still happy with that week.

Thanks, yes I meant T3 made a difference generally but you are right, not between us. Always nice to get a subtle compliment in to myself anyway :lol:

GTP_Roomboter
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_yossigab
gflagjn4.gif
- I know this technically didn't need checking but you asked for some advice so I will try and help (I realise I'm not the best qualified here for this and there are plenty of other faster drivers who may be able to help further or even disagree!). This was a good clean lap but was probably a bit over-cautious, there were a few points, 1st turn, 100r and the turn that replaces the dunlop chicane (not sure what it's called) where you could brake a few metres later and carry an extra 3 or 4 mph through the corner. Over the course of a lap, these small gains can be quite significant. Also, on the last 3 turns (the infield section) you take quite a narrow line into the bends meaning you are later getting on the power. I find the best line for these three is to run out as wide as possible coming into the bends, then turn in sharp, straighten up and hit the pedal as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps a bit, if you want to see what I'm talking about, watch one of the replays posted (roomboter's is a good example) and compare each corner to how you took it in your lap and you will see where the small gains in time (Which add up to a few seconds over a lap) come from. Keep it up though, improvement comes mostly through practise 👍

Thanks a lot for your comments, I really appreciate it.
I will sure look more deep into it to understand it better.

Thanks again.
Yossi

Checked & approved crazytortise's replay (not sure about the thumbs rules so I don't put any...)

Congrats on all podium finishes.
NTSC DL

Thank's to learning about stability control and turning off TCS, also thanks to iCyCo for pushing me to go faster.
Will push you straight into DIV3 :) Based on what I read in the suggestion thread, I'm wondering if I should continue to try & master Prologue. With so much reports coming in from GTPlanet users saying the physics are totally different in GT5 and we having to do another qualifier.

Attachments

• GTP_iCyCo WRS-Week 104 - PSN NTSC.rar
    122.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Checked & approved crazytortise's replay (not sure about the thumbs rules so I don't put any...)

Checked & approved crazytortise's replay
picture.php

This is what we use Yossigab, I find if you paste this into your picture album it's easy to copy and paste into your replies when checking replays.

Hope this helps you.

Phillip.

I don't think anyone has checked my replay yet. It's on the first page.

Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-F2922BE7001.zip
    120.8 KB · Views: 9
GTP_CRAZYTORTISE green and clean. Smooth as ever

GTP_Rutter200 green and clean, you had probably some sweety hands in the last couple of turns :lol:

Only 2 more NTSC replays must be checked.

GTP_CRAZYTORTISE green and clean. Smooth as ever

GTP_Rutter200 green and clean, you had probably some sweety hands in the last couple of turns :lol:

Only 2 more NTSC replays must be checked.

Thanks for checking man! Yea the end of the lap wasn't the smoothest but just managed to hang on to it!

Here's my replay:
gtp_wasntme's replay is very smooth, clean and with the correct specs.
picture.php

Excellent driving!

GTP_MuoNiuLa's replay is also clean and with the correct specs.
picture.php

Last edited:
picture.php

Excellent driving!

picture.php

Thanks for checking 👍 Now this one can make official

My replay's will be in tomorrow. Today is a holiday so I have no access to a PC.

picture.php

Excellent driving!

picture.php

Thanks for checking and the compliment! Two more weeks! :drool:

I sent my replay's to EDK. I would like to thank him and my fellow WRS brethren for your help and your patience. See you all come Nov. 24th.

picture.php

Excellent driving!

picture.php

Thanks for checking. 👍

Back