GTP_WRS Week 107 : The Final Countdown

• Thread starter EDK
  • 270 comments
I know what you mean. I had the same with the DFGT and the older DFGT. It will cost you time. Even when i came out the corner full throttle my braking light where flickering. Besides the fact it cost you time it's very annoing for the poeple behind you.

I'm affraid you have to buy a new wheel.

Seriously? It has happened before and all I did was open it up and clean it if I recall correctly. Sometimes the pots just needs cleaning as dust gets in. Buying a new wheel is impossible for me right now so going to rely on the old Microelectronics diploma and fix it.

When I watch the replay my brake lights were on from after the 1st corner straight to the chicanes.

I have the same issue with my G25 at the moment :grumpy:

I'll try to do some laps in the weekend though
So close to GT5 launch, hope we get this sorted.

Seriously? It has happened before and all I did was open it up and clean it if I recall correctly. Sometimes the pots just needs cleaning as dust gets in. Buying a new wheel is impossible for me right now so going to rely on the old Microelectronics diploma and fix it.

When I watch the replay my brake lights were on from after the 1st corner straight to the chicanes.

So close to GT5 launch, hope we get this sorted.

If you can fix it. That's good. But you said it happend before and after opening it and cleaning the inside it worked fine again. Aslong as it works by cleaning it, continue doing that.

After the first time (the old DFGT) it happend to me, i bought the new DFGT. After using that one for about 2 years and it started again with the new DFGT. I bought the G27 and using that one for about 2 months now.

Hope you can fix it, you can keep the money in your pocket.

Good luck

I've had my G25 for 2.5 years now and I guess I'm lucky not to have suffered from the brake flicker issue... I did order a G27 yesterday though in readiness for GT5 :D

I had a very similar issue with my wheel recently - throttle and braking flickering on even when holding the car on the handbrake with both feet off the pedals. A few minutes with a screwdriver and some cotton buds and all was good. It's amazing how much dirt and stuff gets in there. My tip would be to have a pot of grease to hand, thankfully there was plenty of excess when I dismantled mine.

I know someone who goos by the name of Maz is going to like this car in particullar... :)

spy.

I absolutely love this car, but I truly and deeply hate Fuji and I just don't get it :(

Having said that, I will run this week anyway and get my ass throughly whipped by Spyrrari, Stotty, CT, Sutuki... :scared:

I also have a really annoying throttle flicker problem on the G25, it's really bad when braking for a hairpin as you know even a tap of gas can send you past the apex. SO I just need to open it up and blow some of the dust off?

All the best
Maz

Sounds like the GT equivalent of the millennium bug on here, at 00:01 on november 24th, everyones wheel will cease functioning!!

As its the final one, I'll break out the game a do a few laps as well :)

I absolutely love this car, but I truly and deeply hate Fuji and I just don't get it :(

Having said that, I will run this week anyway and get my ass throughly whipped by Spyrrari, Stotty, CT, Sutuki... :scared:

I also have a really annoying throttle flicker problem on the G25, it's really bad when braking for a hairpin as you know even a tap of gas can send you past the apex. SO I just need to open it up and blow some of the dust off?

All the best
Maz

Yeah i had the same problem several times with the brake pedal Mazmate...

Cleaning the internals of the box helped everytime ...in my case there whas a lot of dust and dirt wich piled up between were the pedal 'rests' against when not pressed...this made it so that it never fully returned to its 0% when released after braking....

I also cleaned the whole box inside and greased up the moving parts,it works like a charm since the last time i did this... 👍👍👍

spy.

Seems like we have something in common :D

Having said that, I will run this week anyway and get my ass throughly whipped by Spyrrari, Stotty, CT, Sutuki...

Thanks for the laughs :lol:

Will be the last GT5P WRS event or is there going to be one more next week?

My first splits:
T1: 23.235
T2: 1.00.112

This car and me are not going to be the best of friends... :P

Will be the last GT5P WRS event or is there going to be one more next week?
This is it.

I extended this week's deadline to Tuesday, the night before the release.

EDK
This is it.

I extended this week's deadline to Tuesday, the night before the release.
Good idea but bad idea. Not sure who'd want to quit GT5 to fire up Prologue to check/copy replays sometimes a process that takes a whole week to get complete. The extra time is great though.

Good idea but bad idea. Not sure who'd want to quit GT5 to fire up Prologue to check/copy replays sometimes a process that takes a whole week to get complete. The extra time is great though.

So, the last week should have been 106?

Tricky car :D, Clio was easier.

T1: 23.152
T2: 59.354

EDK
Yeah. But seeing as it started before GT5 had a release date it wouldn't have had the fanfare of being the finale that 107 have. might just take awhile to be made official. But that's nothing that wasn't happening the past few weeks anyway

First 30 minutes session:

T1:0'23.200
T2:0'59.418

Had better splits in 3 laps but missed braking point at the hairpin so these had slower T3's than this lap...Hope to have more time this week,cause much more time to find with this combo!!

spy.

EDK

Nah, what would we have done while waiting for next week? :P

I''m not going to play GT5 24/24. I'll make some time to review replays.

Maybe we can make a deal. I'll checks the replays of everyone who finishes behind me. All the others get disqualified because nobody has time to check there replays :P

I got the old purple girl from under her dust cover and gave her a first half hour around the track. First splits:

T1: 23.506
T2: 1'00.501

Bringing up the rear in div 3, as usual :P

Quick question before I spend out on this Ferarri, which colour is fastest?

Been promised an hour free every night to get some times in on this one, but we'll see.....

Been promised an hour free every night to get some times in on this one, but we'll see.....

The red one :lol:

Had time for a few laps after work...

T1: 23.089
T2: 59.330

Absolutely rubbish 2nd sector as I've run a 59.222 off a 23.150 T1, but this lap was 0.2 quicker at the line... as usual, T3 is all at Fuji.

Last edited:

Buy them all Jim, you have 2,000,000 to spend :lol:

Phillip.

The best goodbye for GT5p WRS well done Kevin 👍

I second Spy's post 1st page, Maz will enjoy this one :cool:

I decided to get out of the F1 car to say goodbye to GT5p, and also upon request from Steven :D

1st run (6 laps):

1'00.626

Back