GTP_WRS Week 107 : The Final Countdown

• Thread starter EDK
  • 270 comments
Quick 5 laps to get a time one the board. This is going to be fun! Great combo.

T1- 23.289
T2- 59.884

Last edited:
Very little improvement here. Fun car though!

T1 23.159
T2 59.346

Hi peeps,

Here's my first splits for the final GT5P WRS :( I must say it's been a great deal of fun participating in the WRS, I think I joined about half way through, week 40something, but during my time I've improved my driving a massive amount, and made some great online racin' buddies, so a great big 👍 to Kevin and the rest of the OLR team for some great combos, great fun and of course the frustration that gets so intense, you tear your hair out just trying to shave that extra thousandth of a second at the line :lol: Cheers guys :cheers:

Anyway, first splits,

Yeah, my wheel is coming very soon. :sly:

Good purchase. 👍

You'll see your times will improve when you will be used to your new wheel. I'm speaking from experience and it's way more fun to play with a wheel. You won't regret it that's for sure.

Just a question which wheel you bought ? A fanatec Porsche Wheel ?:sly:

Splits from my 1st session.

1'00.071

Just like old times, eh Kevin?
I'm sure you'll get 4 - 5 tenths on your next session.

Thanks for the WRS combos.

And of course, Sjaak too!

Only just managed to get my first 10 laps in.
The first thing I would like to say is that, for as long as I have been in to cars I have always disliked Ferrari's with a passion. Just the brand as a whole annoys me. I could never figure out why they were so popular.
Having said that though, I can see why this 512BB is so popular! At least driving it on GT5P
I've been having soo much fun in this car & you can really feel when its about to get loose & has AMAZING grip.
Its actually growing on me quiet a lot & by the end of the week it may actually be one of my favourite cars of the game!?

Anyway my first set of times aren't fast at all, like a 23.4xx & 1:01.1xx are my sectors up to now but I haven't got close to my limit, I was just having too much fun xD
Darn you EDK & your poll, I may actually end up liking a Ferrari! 👎

I think my G25 is in worse condition than I thought, I couldn't make any hairpins tonight as the throttle would stay applied around 10% or just blip constantly.

Until I can gather up the balls to actually take the pedals apart and switch potentiometers with the clutch I'm afraid I'm out of this one. I will still submit my time if by Tuesday I haven't sorted this problem out. Even the detailed videos and picture walkthroughs of the pedal fixes online are far too intimidating and confusing for someone as inept with a screwdriver as me.

All the best
Maz

I think my G25 is in worse condition than I thought, I couldn't make any hairpins tonight as the throttle would stay applied around 10% or just blip constantly.

Until I can gather up the balls to actually take the pedals apart and switch potentiometers with the clutch I'm afraid I'm out of this one. I will still submit my time if by Tuesday I haven't sorted this problem out. Even the detailed videos and picture walkthroughs of the pedal fixes online are far too intimidating and confusing for someone as inept with a screwdriver as me.

All the best
Maz

I feel your pain. Only my shifter broke on my G25. Leaves me with only automatic. Which drives me nuts. Hoping to have a new wheel by end of the week. I also took my pedals apart at one time & it was nerve racking. But it worked.

Thanks to all WRS admin staff & fellow racers. The WRS with GTP has been most beneficial for me & my times. Looking forward to hanging with everyone GT5 style!

First 6 laps. Mighty rusty but still a lot of fun.

1'00.110

All the best
Maz

But on the other hand keeping a bit throttle is something that really helps to keep the back in check when going through the final section in this car.

Last edited:
Did some more laps today and improved a little...:

T1:0'23.076
T2:0'59.184

Still not happy with this lap,because had much better T2 splits several times,but had a much nicer rithm today so thats good...

spy.

All the best
Maz

Excuses, I know you have a G27 laying around :sly:.

Can anyone tell me where I can get some tips for Fuji. I've done lots of laps and I think I've got it about as fast as I can, but it feels like I'm giving up some time on those final turns past the chicane. I'd like to find a video of someone who really rips through those final turns to see if I can gain some time there.

/\ Either search on youtube/google or while in GT5P, look on the online leaderboard for Fuji and watch some top laps there. :cheers:

Jerome

First go at the last ever GT5p WRS (hopefully!!!)

T1 - 23.339
T2 - 59.847

I've left some coursework late which is in for Monday so I'll be busy until then. I'll be sure to put in some laps on Monday night. :D:tup:

Can anyone tell me where I can get some tips for Fuji. I've done lots of laps and I think I've got it about as fast as I can, but it feels like I'm giving up some time on those final turns past the chicane. I'd like to find a video of someone who really rips through those final turns to see if I can gain some time there.

Go download GTro_Rootbe's lap from the top 10... clean and fast... if you can match him in the final you'll be doing OK ;)

T2 is really bugging me now... just can't seem to get the line through the 2nd corner and I know I'm losing at least .1 there.

Improved anyway...

T1: 23.106
T2: 59.233

Edit...
Was just looking at the on-line rankings to see where I'd be and noticed...

26 WRSFetchBot Ferrari 512BB '76 1'52.773 S2/S2 2010/11/16 20:30:00

Someone been having a bit of fun? :lol:

Last edited:
Go download GTro_Rootbe's lap from the top 10... clean and fast... if you can match him in the final you'll be doing OK ;)

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but other than youtube how can I download someone elses laps. I've seen it mentioned before, but have never done it. I've tried searching for "download laps" but am no wiser. Can I download any lap on the "top 10" lists?

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but other than youtube how can I download someone elses laps. I've seen it mentioned before, but have never done it. I've tried searching for "download laps" but am no wiser. Can I download any lap on the "top 10" lists?

Yes you can.

If you enter the online ranking on your PS3. You will see the top 100 like this http://eu.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt5p/ranking/co10ca0s1m0.html and you can download the top 10 replay's

Good luck

Latest Posts

Back