GTP_WRS Week 11 : Sweeping Willow

• Thread starter Argon
  • 443 comments
Desperate to see the S3 times! No idea whether I'm on the money or not and it's so close. Very easy to drop a tenth in that last corner.
It’s not as easy as it looks the final turn, I have been over a tenth faster through there. Like someone else said it’s very hit and miss.

I wasn’t very smooth in the run up to the final turn either that can cost a tenth itself, minimal tire scrubbing needed but I messed it up

Last edited:
It’s not as easy as it looks the final turn, I have been over a tenth faster through there. Like someone else said it’s very hit and miss.

I wasn’t very smooth in the run up to the final turn either that can cost a tenth itself, minimal tire scrubbing needed but I messed it up

It really is, I could not match the S3 in the lap I submitted. I ran that lap Tuesday or Wednesday. I beat both S1 and S2 and thought if I just get through S3 clean I should be good. I was still close to .2 off. I am looking forward to seeing what the final laps are.

Exceeded my optimum from last report and I'm halfway to the full second I wanted. Really enjoyed tonight's run.
Before I took on Willow I did a few capaign runs at The Nurburgring and changed the cars around a bit. When I tried the BMW Power thing, what a difference, wow, that things fast.
So I thought wonder what it could do at Willow. First lap I beat my best Corvette lap by just over a second and I thought, hmmmmm, set that as my ghost lap and chase it down. It seems to have worked or at least be working, cos tonight I was consistently beating my Corvette ghost to the round house and within a couple of laps I'd beaten it to the line, eventually taking almost half a second out of the lap.
Now I've hit a bit of a wall again and cannot get ahead as I start to come down the hill after the round house. That turn is my next problem. I can get there ahead but lose it on the turn.
Of course then there's that last corner .........

:gtpflag:

20180212032316.jpg

20180212032335.jpg

20180212032352.jpg

20180212032404.jpg

Found it very difficult to string one consistent lap as I was either slower in the first sectors but faster in the later or the other way around.

Are we aloud to hit the cones or put two wheels where the cones would have been? Just noticed on my pd I've two wheels on the dirt where the cones would have been. Turn 5. It says no contact with any object but we've the option to turn of cone markers.

Submitted with posts on board, just couldn't string the laps together, started seeing consistent S2 of 26.2, but for some reason couldn't get S1 under 22.5. :banghead:. And if I did improve S1 then S2 would be off or I would screw up S3. I left at least .3 out there, but hey still did good for me. Loved the combo.

Last try for me tonight. Can't achieve my set goal by 12 thousands, very depressing, but will leave it now before I bite into my steering wheel or worse. Will most likely submit with this:

All the best to those who are still fighting!!! :gtpflag:

I had a short run out on friday but not a track I’m a fan of. After retreating to the beer room for much more amusing antics, I haven’t been back.
I’m skipping this week too so, hopefully I’ll be back in for wk.13. Good luck all. :cheers:

I'm done, another combo won over me. Not able to get a decent lap run, not to think about run few laps in a row. :ouch: Few days ago, I think I wasn't that aggressive on throttle.

Submitted with splits on board, mr. Fetchy approved, good luck with banzai runs guys

Back