GTP_WRS Week 118 : And on the Ninth Day, He Created Race Cars

• Thread starter EDK
  • 125 comments
Any tips on T2? I'm on par in T1 but lose a good chunk of time in T2.

Also, with turn 1, any advice with BB's? ;)

DTM
Love the track and the Comfort tires makes it extra attempting. Hope i can find this week to hump in.

Hope there will be more comfort tire weeks in the future :D
Whereas I believe this car wants me to hang myself lol. There's almost no grip on it! It's not suited to CS tyres.

Anyway:

1'08.750

I saw a 35.8 in T1 but messed up the next corner. :lol:
I also saw a 108.5 in T2 but again, messed up next corner.
I'm useless lol.

There's almost no grip on it! It's not suited to CS tyres.
image.jpeg

Whereas I believe this car wants me to hang myself lol. There's almost no grip on it! It's not suited to CS tyres.

Anyway:

1'08.750

I saw a 35.8 in T1 but messed up the next corner. :lol:
I also saw a 108.5 in T2 but again, messed up next corner.
I'm useless lol.

That's the beauty of it. You have to drive like a stylish.

IMO the best way to learn how to go fast around a track. Once get the hang of it you can take that knowledge with to more grippy tires and will make you even faster with those tires too ;)

Judging by your splits your doing pretty well :cheers:

DTM
That's the beauty of it. You have to drive like a stylish.

IMO the best way to learn how to go fast around a track.
Seems to require the grip experience, too. But it does give you an idea about dirt if you don't really do that.

Can't fully put the blame on Pekka...

I think I also signed-off on this one. :lol:
Me too. 👍

You have to manage the grip, but it's not totally ridiculous. I do think this car generally drives heavier on GT than it would feel IRL, but I've not driven one of these. It almost feels like I'm in my Challenger under braking, and that outweighs this by about another 700 lbs.

EDK
Me too. 👍

You have to manage the grip, but it's not totally ridiculous. I do think this car generally drives heavier on GT than it would feel IRL, but I've not driven one of these. It almost feels like I'm in my Challenger under braking, and that outweighs this by about another 700 lbs.
The Challenger vs that minivan at the Stop sign back in Cali was... :drool:

Reactions: EDK
This is the kind of combo that made me a better driver by sticking to WRS. Very tidy inputs, narrow driving line, hard tires and a twisting track. Fast at the very edge of control.
I also really like the combos I would never have tried otherwise.

Can't believe it, I had a go this morning and starting having an awesome lap!

35.7 in T1 and 108.4 in T2 but outbraked myself into the last corner and gravelled it. :nervous::nervous::nervous:

The Challenger vs that minivan at the Stop sign back in Cali was... :drool:
Yeah, that was a hard launch with the traction control on, but while the car still had all season tires and I did not have the rear strut brace or sub frame brace. The mini van just happened to be there, I'm sure mom was not too happy.

I installed those braces and put Ultra-High Performance Summer tires on all at the same time, before running my first track day. We'd not get that kind of wheel spin with the TC on now. ;) But it has great corner exit grip on the track, so that's a real plus. :)

1'08.335

Seen my fair share of .7s in T1 but they mostly end up cutting the inside white line at turn 2 :ouch:

That said, there isn't too much time left to find without managing a half decent run through the hairpins! :lol:
The only problem I have is getting the power down quickly and effectively.

Yeah I can ease into full throttle but that costs me time. :lol: Especially when the car isn't that powerful and maintaining speed is key to getting a good lap around here.

Back