GTP_WRS Week 119 : Jamming ApricoTZ 2 Pulp

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 143 comments
Alright. Work network puked it's guts out. No phone or data so I can't really do my job so I called it a day.

On the advice of;

@Dragonwhisky I completely agree with you with driving on comforts. I absolutely hate it mostly (usually because I completely suck of course!!) as I spend too much time just focussed on trying to control the car and can't focus on lines, speed etc...however, the current combo is the complete opposite of almost everything I've run with Comfort tyres, shocking as that sounds...I did not expect the TZ2 on CS to be anything other than a slippery hell beast (especially when I saw it's default is race tyres) but it behaves like a cuddly lazy cat! I actually spent the entire session earlier wishing for less grippy tyres :eek: Periodically the back slides out but it's easy to correct...the ease with which it drives made me wonder if I had the completely wrong settings and/or car earlier as it didn't feel right. I would definitely recommend giving this one a try..you won't be disappointed
and
The car is so light that CS tires offer plenty of grip. I think you'll like it. ;)
Imma run this TT.

Now, I know there's some reason for the prohibition but, I ran off the first ten laps with my clutch and h-gate, just because this car deserves to be run that way, and, it sounds glorious when skip shifting. Won't submit a lap with it but, I'll use the splits for comparison. So, without further adieu,

Best splits, not best lap;
1'05.637

Now for a stint or 2 with the flappy paddles.

By the way, yes CS tires are still well behaved here. Charlize is not going schizo on me. Yet. We'll see how she acts when I try to find where she will. I am encouraged by her current behavioral patterns however.

The split times displayed in the middle of the screen can, and usually are, off by up to 16/1000 of a second. The only time you can check it however is at the end of a lap. I've not seen it more than that 16/1000 off.

I don't know why but it's probably some deeply esoteric and incomprehensible explanation regarding the link to display timings and your finger or thumb.

I remember a GT that showed the splits in the replay, and has sector times to the x.000 in the live timing window.

Also I'm pretty done with the TT and any TT's with race cars and the god awful default settings. Cannot fathom the decision making that mandates the same pointlessly locked differential on every car to go with the same impossible camber angles including more than TWICE the amount of rear camber than front.
So much more time left out there, but its unobtainable due to a differential that forgot its job of facilitating 2 different speeds of wheel rotation.

I see that I was wrong about my initial pace and clearly people had not got up to speed, given I am sliding back down the leaderboard to my rightful place towards the bottom. Not sure if I'll run again as I don't see any time that I can find, even though I'm half a second off my ultimate pace, as I am not consistent or skilful enough to string the sectors together

I'm running wheel for all WRS events in order to improve on it. Fetchy doesn't seem to recognise "G29" as a controller input when I tried however.
I just generally hate no tuning, the car demands what it needs and you either give it that or you go slowly. With tuning, the car still needs to be driven a certain way, but its a much more giving relationship in that you can get the car to give you more rear or front grip to facilitate your driving style into the way the car wants to be driven.

But that's just me. I'm not going to get you guys to change the way you run your program, as its been a very successful format for many years and no tuning events allow drivers to compare themselves in the exact same car as everyone else to gauge their skills knowing its ONLY the driver making the difference. If I don't like no tuning its my problem, and I'll just sit out those weeks. Apologies for bringing the mood of the whole thread down.
Good luck to the rest of you out there for this one, your patience proved stronger than my own.

Oh yeah for the record I meant the decision making at the PD office where somebody came up with those settings to be used as a default for most race cars - nothing aimed at the WRS mods.

I see that I was wrong about my initial pace and clearly people had not got up to speed, given I am sliding back down the leaderboard to my rightful place towards the bottom. Not sure if I'll run again as I don't see any time that I can find, even though I'm half a second off my ultimate pace, as I am not consistent or skilful enough to string the sectors together

Come on man, don't be a crack dealer. Give it another 40 laps and instead of trying to beat anything, just drive.

Yes, we should probably allow more tuning, especially for racecars.
Uh, no thanks. I can be more sour about tuning if it will help?

60 fps means 1 every 0.01666sec. So every pause-point will be a multiple of that.
Yer startin' ta sound like my wife, always ruining a perfectly good BS story when I told them to my kids. :P

I understand what you mean @StigsTC. It's a personal preference. I feel that this car has quite a good balance with the stock settings, wierdly. Because if you look at them you'd think they wouldn't work, but it does when you drive the car.

Since we have the tools, we have been running quite a lot of non-tuning events and that lowers the time required to run an event. It keeps a level playing field. But there will be tuning combos to come as well.

I honestly feel that the variety we get in the WRS has made me to the driver I am today. It was always my goal to be versatile and adaptable.

1'04.164

Yea, camber, toe and LSD are completely stupid on stock. Ignoring the fact that camber does not work at all in GT6 as it should. Tires stay static over the ground and adding camber means you'll never have the full tire on tarmac. Can only be used to increase oversteer/understeer if you can't get it done with other settings.

Still that's the combos that made me a better driver. The more I struggle to get it, the more I learn.

Last edited:
The car is fine until I try to do my usual thing where I get back to the throttle earlier and harder than 'normal' and the diff not unlocking just spins the outside rear and throws the car sideways/off the road. It's how I've driven for ages, and I've been able to make it work more often than not.

I was really frustrated as I had S1 and S2 at PB pace before it cracked sideways with the outside rear on fire exiting the chicane, which had been a really good line as well. It was looking like one of those golden laps where you put 3 fantastic sectors together and set a lap that's so close to optimal you'll not beat it ever. Just snapped after losing that after 5 hours of running.
Sorry again for flying off the handle in an inappropriate manner guys.

The car is fine until I try to do my usual thing where I get back to the throttle earlier and harder than 'normal' and the diff not unlocking just spins the outside rear and throws the car sideways/off the road. It's how I've driven for ages, and I've been able to make it work more often than not.

I was really frustrated as I had S1 and S2 at PB pace before it cracked sideways with the outside rear on fire exiting the chicane, which had been a really good line as well. It was looking like one of those golden laps where you put 3 fantastic sectors together and set a lap that's so close to optimal you'll not beat it ever. Just snapped after losing that after 5 hours of running.
Sorry again for flying off the handle in an inappropriate manner guys.

Sounds like you can use my "lady" :P I hope you have an plastic bag for that face though :P

Sounds like you can use my "lady" :P I hope you have an plastic bag for that face though :P
This hairpin(lady) is a double bagger, a bag for her head and yours just in case hers falls off...:lol: and I always used paper,you can see thru plastic.. 👍

This has cheered me up after last week :) think it's time to start running over the curbs

1'04.393

Still 1/8

car swerves at the hairpin.

Found, when you've got turned enough, coming off the brake and getting back on the power a little when or as the car does keeps it stable giving me a nice line to get the power fully on early. Taking it at a min of 69 kph on this lap but that was lucky normally 67 / 68 kph. Not sure if this will help, it works for me

Back