GTP_WRS Week 12 : Nissan Skyline Coupe/Tuned @ Superspeedway - Daytona

I've been trying this for 2 or 3 hours tonight and so far I've only managed a few truly clean races. AI keeps bumping me in the corners as I try to ease of slowly.

Best lap so far 52.787

N3's- rear wing 8- 5th gear all the way except the 1st turn, 4th runs out at 255kph
-15 -20 RH
6-4 spring
3-8 damper
-0.5-2.0 camber
-0.05 +0.10 toe

Tiniest tap from a Ford GT on the straight lap 1 and ran a fastest lap of 52.110 so I'll be trying again later:(

Oh and AI at 88 they pass easily so I'm just trying to keep in their slip all the way round so hard to keep out of their way sometimes:(

Last edited:
I can't seem to find an AI that is just right. This one is too slow, that one is too fast. The AI really can't drive a NSX on N3s. Maybe that is the problem. I tried giving the AI R3, then R1s, but my slowing down for the corners got me a lot of touches. I think I finally got a clean race in.

For those that are curious:
A1: 71 N3

Tune was just dropping it down low and stiffening it up a bit.

The key to this is going to be getting the AI set spot on. Anything less than 65 and they arn't quick enough to be competition for you. Anything over 80 and they are too quick leaving you with hugh gaps and no slipstream to follow.

Im working on AI settings around 75 at the moment meaning cars are equally quick. But they do tend to be clumsy.

Difficult one this.....

I didn't realise there was wing adjustments availeble. gotta adjust is for some more cornering capacity. :D

I was doing some races last night and yes if you wanted to make good use of the ai-draft ,the 6 laps can be very frustrating.

But on a ai level of 68/S1 it was rather easy to move through the field.

However, my laps were high in the 54 and thus not competitive.

So the level of frustration is in your own hands this week.;)

One thing I have to share is the beauty of the replay.
PD did a fine job to make the cars looking good and real fast.👍

I think the fastest laps are going to be really irrelevant this week. So much depends on the AI and how many laps and for how often you can draft.

I think the fastest laps are going to be really irrelevant this week. So much depends on the AI and how many laps and for how often you can draft.

I agree. I've posted a fast lap, then achieved a faster race time, but with a slower fastest lap.

My very first WRS attempt. I have heaps of clean races, and am slowly wittling down my total race time. Best lap so far is 53:480.

All I've done is increase the final gear and set the AI on 72/N3's.

My very first WRS attempt. I have heaps of clean races, and am slowly wittling down my total race time. Best lap so far is 53:480.

All I've done is increase the final gear and set the AI on 72/N3's.
Hey Ian, welcome to WRS (the best place to be for Turismo fun) and I hope you'll stick around for a long time. Nice to have someone almost as old as me around :) I see you are 2 years save one day younger than me :lol:

Your first post is all good as is your signature that includes your division and controller device (same wheel as mine). As a leaderboard updater all I could add is to ask you to post your splits or laptimes in a separate line so that I can spot in an instant that your post needs attention for the Luxy board. Thanks 👍

Board updated with your first lap.
|
|
|
V

I'm not having a go at this one because I don't have my DFGT with me on holidays. But i'm glad we picked this week to go away because I hate Daytona Superspeedway.

The AI are thicker than two short planks. Braking on the straight when no one is in front of them for about 100M, turning into me despite me holding my line. Almost impossible to get a clean race in. Though it does make it a nice challenge.

Monday night can't arrive quick enough, for the sake of my sanity. :crazy:
I am reduced to bellowing profanities at the AI, fer chrissakes.

I've binned my fastest replay, after seeking a 2nd opinion on a possible AI touch, so I'm now trying to get somewhere near the time with a clean race.
I have again found a good AI lineup, just need to keep racing until I get lucky again and manage a clean one.
So now I have to leave the console running while I go out to work.
If my console overheats and falls over/blows up etc. I will be making a claim against the organisers of WRS.

*joking*

Finding the right AI line-up is very frustrating ,I went through atleast 15 different changes to find one that was almost reasonable, but the Blitz and the Mines Skylines think it a panel-shop sponsorship race, with any opportunity they get to give me a tap or a push or a nudge ....or a baulk. If I avoid them (which is 50-50, cause they don't know what they are doing, so how can I) my lap time suffers through lack of good entry line usually. I've tried AI strength from 72-92 ,88 is my best line-up so far but the combinations of cars is in lotto territory it seems. Don't get me wrong I'm not giving up!!!

Finally got one in the can!

and it doesn't mean a thing!

Edit: Last time I ever race against the AI's in this game. $%^@!^^&#$%^!@#$%!!^&@%$^&&%$#!!^&&$#%^

Last edited:
Whatsamatta Ron, the AI didn't give you time to sip coffee down the straights?

Somehow I don't own this car yet. I'll have to run online and make some cash before I'll be able to give it a go. I have doubles of everything else, but somehow this one slipped through.

Whatsamatta Ron, the AI didn't give you time to sip coffee down the straights?

put the AI in an Italian car and you'd better have your insurance paid up or a real good body man. I know I'm no great "shoe" but this is crazy. I spent 5 hours this afternoon and ran some wonderful single laps in the 52's just to get tagged somewhere a long the way by the freakin' AI.

I've tried all sorts of lineups and it doesn't seem to matter if your holding your line or not. Thought I had a good one down only to have one run up my back side on lap 5. Plenty of room to go around me, but NOOOOOOOO! just had to rearrange my tail lights! Very frustrating Wally. I'll be anxious to see how you fair with this one.

Phil and some of the others are doing well but the ol'man is having a time of it! LOFT I suspect, as always!

The way i try to avoid that was after i found a line up that works good with my driving ability i keep one eye on the ai knowing they wont care if im their or not and the other on the track, after a few races i got to know where the ai will go on the track and stay high or low as needed

Looks like a poor showing this week, seems those in division 1/2 are happy where they are and us lot in division 3/4/5 are busting blood vessels trying to get good times and maybe a promotion.

I think i was quite lucky that i found my perfect line up on the one and only day i decided to takle this challenge. Numerous attempts ended with bumps from the day release AI's including clear runs for 5.5 laps then the bumps.
From keeping trying i noticed that the same cars though would do the same daft things, the Blitz would pass me but ever so slightly steer towards me, so i too moved away slightly when he passed me, the Ferrari, well he was just a nut job who would take any chance to hit me, so i stayed away from him as best as possible, the GT40 would draft but not pull out, so i would move out of his way before he got to close.
In all i spent more time watching my mirrors trying to avoid the AI's, rather than trying to race and get a win or best position possible.
One day at this was enough though, not again for some time please

Also agree fastest lap is not a good guage on how you are doing compared to others, maybe should have done total time to lap 4, better indication on how good/poor our total time was going to be.

Back