GTP_WRS Week 12 : Nissan Skyline Coupe/Tuned @ Superspeedway - Daytona

Time submitted, don't want to spend anymore time on this one
Best lap in my fastest race was 52.788, first laps were good until I got stuck and lost a few seconds in the last lap.

First lap time to report for the leaderboard.

I found it better to have the AI set at 88 with N3's, enabling a couple (Viper and Ford GT) to pass me and draft the rest of the race with them.

Weekly - now useless - leaderboard updated :)

As a few have already said, posting only the fasted lap does not help to see who might have the fasted total time, when i was thinking about how the racing would go i thought of it as a drafting race where a driver would find an AI level and AI tire choice that they can draft off of but not lose in the turns AI 84 and r1s' works good for me, that way u might be able to run with closer lap times to the fastest. maybe some are maybe not but i guess we will know the next time Daytona speedway comes around. Their is only a couple days left, thanks for sticking with my combo 👍

If I get hit in the back by AI is it still clean?

Nope. Any contact with AI cars or the wall invalidates the run. It doesn't matter who caused the contact.

Submitted

I was able to beat the goal I set after many tries and this time it's even clean :D
(quadrable checked with sounds on! )

I went for the biggest possible draft as I set the AI to 100
AI tyres N1/R3 , in other words they accelerate on straith line and understeer in the oval corners.
Combined this to draft partner beight none other than the R35 GT-R.
It has nice understeer in oval corners and fitting acceleration for straiths. :mischievous:

Also I set the gears so that when I reached 5th gear I never had to downshift.

A business trip has caused me to not spend time with this one - I might try for a decent clean lap tonight - you guys are putting up crazy fast laps in the low 52's.

I nabbed a few low 53's, but the AI, even on 85 was really intent on cutting me up and ramming me.

One of my attempts was blinding, really happy with how it was going until an R8 shunted me up the arse on the 5th lap :(

Time submitted, got this on my one day of doing this last week, no intention of having a last minute crack at it.

Cheers Wanna_B

Well I've had enough of the mupett AI drivers in the Cali's and the Blitz R34's. I've got 2 saved runs that were some 2 or 3 seconds quicker, but in both runs I got nudged on the 5th or 6th lap by one of the above - one of which on the long back straight :ill:

Time submitted

After attempting to get a faster "Single" lap, I thought of checking my saved races,(to check lap/race times) as a lot of us have found, I too, found a minimal touch on all of my saves:indiff::guilty:👎
I was rather dejected, to find that I was unable to complete the task, of 6 clean laps.:guilty:
That didn't last too long though, another line-up and I was back into it.The enthusiasm was back and on the 5th lap a little anxiousness crept in,:nervous: I knew it was clean and fast.👍
Only the first lap was dissappionting, fairly slow actually,:ouch: tried again, slow again :ouch::ouch:first lap, new lineup...... dam hard to find a good lineup and get good speed.

Will be having one last bash at it.

Final Luxy update. Good luck to all in the final stretch of this week's combo.

EDIT after reviewing my replay to find the total racetime I found a yellow line situation that looks suspicious :( so I will not submit to avoid week 05 repetitions :)

Last edited:
Time submitted.

I was happy to complete a decent race (relative to my first session) during my third session.
Combo's like this help with racing the online punters and to understand more of the games dynamics.

With each lap all I was thinking was, just a couple more weeks and NASCAR will be here at Daytona. :D

Time Submitted :)

Finally after plenty of cursing I got a full race that i was happy with:tup:,A1 cars set on around 96 and Getting started with what I thought was a blindingly fast first lap and then having the company of a Ford GT to tow me along everything ended up going relatively smoothly considering the swearing that could be heard over the weekend:ouch:....hahaha:sly:

I only managed to get a fastest lap of 52.408 in this race !!!!!, Although they was a couple of 2.3's over the course of the day.....But the race was clean:)........Sweeeeet

:gtplanet:Good luck to everyone that has entered:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Did a time with a tiny touch, 2 seconds faster than submitted time.A little dissappointed to say the least.

WEnt to submit this morning only to find I had run under the wrong account name. I'm working on it .......................again!!!!!

edit: submitted a time. I did figure out how to prevent being punted by the Ferrari's..................................drive on the grass!! DOH!

Last edited:
Submitted, with a fast lap .1xx slower than my leaderboard time but also with help from a Ford GT my seconded fasted total time came from drafting a GT-R

Not a huge amount of time for me this week. Time submitted, quite happy with my 2nd race of the day.

I managed to get a few hours in this afternoon. I had a best lap of 52.3xx but not in a clean race. Nice combo just the same. :)
Time submitted.

Back