GTP_WRS Week 12 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 112 comments
Well done to all that took part 👍

Looks like I simply don't have the hours anymore to put into this as a lot of you guys, hence my un-competitive times, which makes me wonder if there's any point in carrying on under-acheiving in the WRS, which is a real shame as I've had a lot of fun over the years. But as they say...'times change' 👍

Looks like I simply don't have the hours anymore to put into this as a lot of you guys, hence my un-competitive times, which makes me wonder if there's any point in carrying on under-acheiving in the WRS, which is a real shame as I've had a lot of fun over the years. But as they say...'times change' 👍

I know the feeling fella, I got a maximum of about 2 1/2 hours in during the course of last week, and that was only because my 3 year old was off with his grandparents for the majority of Sunday:ill:

Strange when I take a zipped replay and unzip it onto a USB-stick into the PS3-SAVEGAME folder. My PS3 says the files are damaged. Can anyone help me out here?

Great laptimes of all you guys here.

Strange when I take a zipped replay and unzip it onto a USB-stick into the PS3-SAVEGAME folder. My PS3 says the files are damaged. Can anyone help me out here?

Great laptimes of all you guys here.

I don't know if you did this or not, but you can't rename any of the dirs or files.
Also I recommend the 7zip program for zipping/unzipping. It's worked for me
on the past WRS replays I've reviewed.

G

I don't know if you did this or not, but you can't rename any of the dirs or files.
Also I recommend the 7zip program for zipping/unzipping. It's worked for me
on the past WRS replays I've reviewed.

G

Ok thx, I'll give that a try

It works!!!
Thx alot Gravitron

Last edited:
Nice job there Gravitron, almost 1.5 sec faster than me :crazy:

Thanks poolhaas! 👍 You're still on the D4 podium though, congrats!
I only seem to do well with slower FF cars though (here and Top Gear w/ Swift).
Reaction times getting worse as I get older... :geezer:
My 2nd lap was on pace to match my first, but then I missed the brakepoint for the chicane.

My 2nd lap was on pace to match my first, but then I missed the brakepoint for the chicane.
Happened to me too, lost 4 tenths there but didn't want to go again because I screwed up the last chicane in the last round 4 times that day. :ouch:

Nice... 2nd place. Great time Graviiton.

In the last 3 WRS's which I've done, the margin of victory has been over half a second in all of them. Strange, I tought this would be really close with Shigekaki or 'D4's Sebastien Vettel' promoted.:lol:

Gotta admit, akmuq...Your midweek longstanding top D4 time really got me motivated. You bettered that by a good amount so congrats on that! And on the repeat podium.

Good call on the Shigegaki comment. :)

Too bad GTP_iddledoo had probs submitting, he was up there too.

Here's my replay:

Attachments

• GT5 WRS Week 12 GTP_w-g-e pal.zip
    770.1 KB · Views: 16
Here's my replay:

I tried to review you lap today so I could see how you were so incredibly fast! ;)
But when I loaded my USB stick onto the PS3 it said nothing was on it...
I am PAL region as are you and I did the process correctly as I have already reviewed one using the same process... :odd:
Sorry mate! I really wanted to see your lap! :(

GTP_w-g-e
gflagjn4.gif
- smooth as butter and a joy to watch. Absolutely precise on the brakes and perfect use of the available grip... not a hint of lock-up or wheel-spin. More impressively, perfect repetition; the 2 laps are nearly identical. Excellent stuff Wes, truly inspiring. 👍

Edit - Wes' replay:

Last edited:
Awesome Chris. Thanks for the kind words, checking my replay and making a video of it.:)
I worked hard to get a WRS win and now it paid off. I knew I had to do it this week, because the aliens were gone.

Thanks to Chris you can still view my replay Xerxes.:sly:

Wes, you are iceman!! I am wondering if you didn't pooped your pants on the 2nd lap.
Nice done mate and hi 5 for Chris for posting the youtube video.

A question...is there any software which allows me to play the replays uploaded on the WRS leaderboard from past WRS?

Wes, you are iceman!! I am wondering if you didn't pooped your pants on the 2nd lap.
Nice done mate and hi 5 for Chris for posting the youtube video.

A question...is there any software which allows me to play the replays uploaded on the WRS leaderboard from past WRS?
lol, I didn't. I do agree it requires much dare to get 2 good laps.
I don't really understand your question, but I don't think I would have an answer even if I would understand it.:dunce:

The answer is.... GT5 :dopey:

You just download the replay and put it on your PS3 as normal. :)

And you are very welcome Wes - I enjoyed watching that and it was a very worthy and deserving win. Extra-terrestrial in its own right :cheers:

Thanks Chris and congratulations Wes! :)
Both of you deserve 👍 👍
Those laps are incredible! :drool: I thought I was on a good lap when I did a 39.90x but that is something else, and like Chris said the precision and consistency! :eek: Great work, you deserved it! :cheers:

The answer is.... GT5 :dopey:

You just download the replay and put it on your PS3 as normal. :)

Thanks Chris for the quick answer. I was just wondering if there wasn't an alternative way to watch those on my laptop instead of the PS3 (wanted to watch some replays here at work). PS3 it is then

Thanks again

Indeed they do. I found this site late in the Prologue days, and WRS was instrumental in extracting any talent I might have for GT games. Since finding my form though, its ALL about racing! I had one proper go at week 12 and forgot all about it. Week 13 looks slightly more appealing, but if I'm not jostling for position among mates online I get bored all too quickly.

Hope you still have time for Concours Crispy, It wouldnt be the same without my nemesis ;)👍

Somebody lemme know if this doesn"t work. Best T2 on the board, a victory in it's own way :) NTSC 1'40.213 1'40 217

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL001.zip
    800.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I grabbed CSL, jbrinkley0826, and jkmayol's NTSC replays, will try to review them tonight.

For any new guys, if you have 2 different users' replays, but they have the same numbered suffix, you have to do them one at a time, and restart GT5 between viewing them. CSL and jkmayol both have 001, for example.

Not a problem in the future - how do I change the next one? On the pc before or after I zip it? Updated it to say NTSC speaking of which I assume the leaderboard has UK as default? I forgot to enter a country in my registry submission. oops :)

GTP_BloodiMayhem
gflagjn4.gif
- Can't offer too much advice since I didn't run this combo myself but I will say I reckon you're going to be much happier when your wheel comes. 👍

CSL, it's simply a function of how many replays you have in your exported area in the PS3 XMB. Don't worry about it, I learned the hard way in week 1 when almost all I grabbed were 001!

I worked hard to get a WRS win and now it paid off. I knew I had to do it this week, because the aliens were gone.

Was this your first win? Congratulations for a mega effort. I think you mean the 'rest' of the aliens were gone, and maybe even drove them out of your part of the galaxy (That would be the 'madridian nebula') :sly:
I can see it now, UFO sited in Madrid

Last edited:
My replay for your consideration (NTSC)

Attachments

• GTP Velez WRS Week 12.zip
    775.2 KB · Views: 13
Back