GTP_WRS Week 12 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 112 comments
4---3'20.430---GTP_CSL
gflagjn4.gif

3---3'21.494---GTP_JBRINKLEY
gflagjn4.gif

Both clean, correct tires, times add up!

JB, you scared me on the first turn, WAAAAY close to that jersey barrier, but no BOOM or actual contact that I could find in photomode, other than the sound of the rumble strips. Great on the rest of the run!

CSL, amazing. Not really any close calls, but very smooth and confident, what a pleasure to watch-n-learn.

I still have jkmayol's but might not get to it tonight. Plus I grabbed the remaining 4 Week 11 NTSC replays in case I have time, since those are probably first priority.

I was very surprised to hold onto 2nd overall after making a mess out of my second lap.:boggled:

Awesome laps Wes, I tried like crazy to get the car to hook the wall and get the power down earlier in the last 2 corners of T2 but could never quite get it right. You nailed it both laps. 👍

Here is my replay.

Attachments

• GTP ScepTer WRS week 12.zip
    782.4 KB · Views: 9
Thanks Gravitron, hope it can help, it seems almost all aliens are PAL, so I cant get much. :( I Couldnt find any unviewed replays, and its probably a once-weekly chance for me to grab some.

7---3'21.192---GTP_JKMAYOL
gflagjn4.gif

Nice laps! Especially gutsy chicane on lap #2!
Clean, correct tires, times add up.

I was very surprised to hold onto 2nd overall after making a mess out of my second lap.:boggled:

Awesome laps Wes, I tried like crazy to get the car to hook the wall and get the power down earlier in the last 2 corners of T2 but could never quite get it right. You nailed it both laps. 👍

Here is my replay.

Wish I could watch it Doctor, awesome time regardless. Looks like a bit of a shake up in D1, maybe a changing of the guard 👍

I'm hoping to get my replay in by tomorrow, both my USB sticks are on loan by my brother and I don't feel like buying a third one.

Awesome Chris. Thanks for the kind words, checking my replay and making a video of it.:)
I worked hard to get a WRS win and now it paid off. I knew I had to do it this week, because the aliens were gone.

Thanks to Chris you can still view my replay Xerxes.:sly:

I firmly believe you'd have pushed absolutely anybody really close with those laps, incredibly precise & alien-esque!! - and you kept within maybe half a car length across the two laps? Probably the most impressive thing of the lot.

This is up there with Josh's lap of Monaco earlier in WRS for precision/pace and balls-to-the-walls-ness of the super-fast laps I've seen to date, I have a thing for great laps of street circuits - fantastic that it's immortalised on YouTube courtesy of Chris! 👍

Here we go.

Attachments

• WRS week 12 GTP_poolhaas.zip
    794.3 KB · Views: 10
GTP_poolhaas
gflagjn4.gif
- damn close to the barrier in a couple of spots... brave. 👍 Clean and tidy. :)

Anyone with a PAL replay that's been overlooked thus far?

GTP_poolhaas
gflagjn4.gif
- damn close to the barrier in a couple of spots... brave. 👍 Clean and tidy. :)

Anyone with a PAL replay that's been overlooked thus far?
Thanks for checking Vagabond 👍
I'll chip in on checking some replays next week.

Current progress with replay verification:

Division 1:

1---3'19.130---GTP_w-g-e (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

2---3'20.210---GTP_ScepTer_ (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

3---3'20.231---GTP_X3rx3s44 (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

4---3'20.430---GTP_CSL (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

Division 2:

1---3'20.420---GTP_RedReevos (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

2---3'20.571---GTP_ASH32 (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

3---3'20.679---GTP_MadMax86 (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

5---3'21.019---GTP_Velez (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

6---3'21.038---GTP_Sidplayos2 (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

7---3'21.192---GTP_JKMAYOL (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

Division 3:

1---3'21.098---GTP_Insatiable (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

2---3'21.454---GTP_Carlos (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

3---3'21.494---GTP_JBRINKLEY (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

7---3'23.383---GTP_lownsey29 (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

Q---(Contact)---GTP_Apollo33
rflagnv1.gif

Division 4:

1---3'22.858---GTP_Gravitron (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

2---3'23.615---GTP_akmuq (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

3---3'24.149---GTP_poolhaas (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

Division 5:

1---3'26.046---GTP_Bloodimayhem (Verified)
gflagjn4.gif

Replays still required from:
Nobody :cheers:

:)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks Chris, summarizing like that is great!
MadMax86 did something similar last week, it really helps.
I might get to those remaining NTSC's tonight.

Wow, thanks Chris, summarizing like that is great!
MadMax86 did something similar last week, it really helps.
I might get to those remaining NTSC's tonight.

Yeah Max inspired me to do it. :)

One of the replays that needs verifying is yours though so we need a helpful body with NTSC to step in....

Doh! :dunce:

Leaves me more time for getting back in the Elise, which is exactly what I need. 👍

I forgot that I hadn't posted my replay yet. Here it is:

I just downloaded the replays and will verify the 3 NTSC files right now. If someone could take a look at my NTSC that would be helpful.

GTP_SCEPTER
gflagjn4.gif

Bummer about the slight hesitation on the final chicane. Great laps though, you made it look quite easy.

GTP_Gravitron
gflagjn4.gif

You started lap 1 a couple of mph slow, which probably cost you .2 by the end of the front stretch. Great rest of the lap though. Your second lap you lost a bit in the final chicane, but it is really tough to get both laps with good final chicanes. The only place I saw you lose a little bit of time was the exit of the roundabout. You can get on the power a little bit earlier there, and carry more speed down the final run to the chicane. Great clean laps Gravitron.

GTP_Velez This replay file shows up under "USER 2" instead of "GTP_Velez." Otherwise these laps are clean and fast. So this will have to be for the admins to green flag I guess. Velez, also for future 2 lappers, can you leave some more time at the end of the second lap. Had to watch 3 times to catch your final lap time.

Attachments

• WRS week12 GTP_RedReevos.zip
    790.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
GTP_SCEPTER
gflagjn4.gif

Bummer about the slight hesitation on the final chicane. Great laps though, you made it look quite easy.
Thanks for looking! 👍 You're right though that chicane really killed the 2nd lap, both laps were pretty close up to that point.

redreevos
gflagjn4.gif

Clean laps, the last 2 corners of T2 hurt your first lap a bit but you made up for it on the 2nd lap...Great lap! 👍

Thanks for looking! 👍 You're right though that chicane really killed the 2nd lap, both laps were pretty close up to that point.

redreevos
gflagjn4.gif

Clean laps, the last 2 corners of T2 hurt your first lap a bit but you made up for it on the 2nd lap...Great lap! 👍

Thank you for checking Scepter! Yeah, after that finish to lap 1 I almost restarted right there.. But decided to finish it up and had my best lap of the week for lap 2.

Thanks for checking, Red! Your comments are appreciated and totally correct! :cheers:

Thanks for checking those Red 👍 And for checking Red's Gravitron 👍

GTP_Velez This replay file shows up under "USER 2" instead of "GTP_Velez." Otherwise these laps are clean and fast. So this will have to be for the admins to green flag I guess.

Someone last week had the same issue - A7XMaverick I think. It was passed by the admins though since the PSN has been down and obviously not everyone has changed the name of their PS login to their GTP tag.

Edited my previous post to update the list... so now we just need akmuq's replay. :)

GTP_akmuq
gflagjn4.gif
- some good tyre smoking 👍

That's everyone now... updated previous post with results. :)

GTP_akmuq
gflagjn4.gif

You beat me to it.

I second that , GTP_akmuq
gflagjn4.gif

And let me say , exellent job with the replay verification list Vagabond 👍 👍

I'm glad you didn't repeat my mistake from last week's list. :sly:

EDIT:
Edit: reserved so as not to double post. I hit post twice and don't know where to delete it. I'll put some more replay here later

MadMax
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for checking. 👍

MadMax

Last edited:
GTP_akmuq
gflagjn4.gif

You beat me to it.

I second that , GTP_akmuq
gflagjn4.gif

And let me say , exellent job with the replay verification list Vagabond 👍 👍

I'm glad you didn't repeat my mistake from last week's list. :sly:

MadMax

Thanks guys!

Back