Hotlap Event in Time Trial

full

Suzuki Swift Sport Gr.4

full

Fuji International Speedway

:: Open to All GTPlanet Registry Members ::

:: Members are not obligated to take part ::

Overview (How Does This Work?):
  • You must be part of our registry to participate.
  • These are Time Trial Events, we have Online Races here.
  • Set the game up according to the event, car and track details below.
  • Save Your BEST LAP replay before exiting your session.
  • Be sure and run cleanly to the end of the first sector after setting your fast lap. If you exit right away, your time stamp may not show up in your replay.
  • Report your split times in here, so you can compare your pace to other racers, without revealing the full lap time. (Note: this is required if participating)
  • Our leaderboard shows how you stack up during the week, before the deadline.
  • Submit your lap via PM to our Fetchbot, before the event deadline.
  • On deadline day, we will publish the results in our leaderboard and in a thread in this section.
  • Identified replays will be checked by your fellow participants to be sure you meet the event regulations.

Race Details:
  • Mode: World Circuits > Time Trial
  • Track: Fuji International Speedway - Full
  • Car Type: Garage Car
  • Make: Suzuki
  • Model: Swift Sport Gr.4
  • Max Power HP: 345 (Stock)*
  • Weight: 1,984 lbs (Stock)*
Driving Options:
  • Transmission: Auto or Manual
  • Tires: Racing* Hard (front and rear)
  • Driving Line, Cones, Markers: Optional
  • Traction Control | ASM | ABS: Optional
  • Brake Balance: Optional
  • Countersteering Assist: Prohibited
  • Tuning: No Tuning Allowed: Power and weight are to be stock.
  • In-Race Multi-Function Display (MFD) Functions: Optional
  • Custom Wheels: Not Allowed
  • Custom Body Parts: Not Allowed
  • Paint and Racing #: Livery editor Allowed. Please share your Livery!
Course Settings:
  • Time: Optional

full

Standard Clean OLR Rules (These Apply to ALL Events):
  • The event MUST be run using your registered PSN account.
  • The use of the clutch is strictly prohibited.
  • Use of the Handbrake is Prohibited.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times (See image below).
    • In situations where contact with the track is not possible because tires are airborne (above the ground), then the run is only legal if at least two tires in-line would have made contact with the track if the car were not airborne.
    • If track contact cannot be 100% determined, then consider it dirty.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track.
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible.
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty.
  • No hybrids.
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind. We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules.

full
full

Race Specifics (Rules for This Specific Event):
  • red 'n White Rumble Strips and Tarmac are Track Surface. No other surfaces are track.
  • No Contact with walls or other objects. Any contact with walls, no matter how minor, will result in a DQ.
  • Green pavement behind curbs and white lines is NOT track.

Steward's Comments:

Its time to get out the Front Wheel drive racing car for a blast around Fuji! Good thing tire wear is not active!!!!! Have fun and share your Liveries!

Saving Replays, Viewing sector times and Submissions:
  • You need to make sure you use the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay' (See pic below).
  • Before saving your replay ensure that you continue running after completing your fast lap until at least the end of first sector. This will ensure you have a complete replay.
  • To view your best lap replay, go to 'My Library' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replays' option.
  • While viewing your Replay, enter the live timing screen to view your sector splits. You will need to do this after your car has passed the sector markers to see it listed.
  • Simply post the splits that are shown in the live timing screen, and our Fetchbot will parse them and add them together for your total sector time.
  • When saving your fastest lap replay please ensure that you watch the replay to the end and that it displays your full lap time. Any replays submitted that do not show the posted lap time will result in a DQ.
  • Remember - When you submit your time you're also declaring that your run is 100% clean. We request replays for the purpose of verifying to all those concerned that the drivers claim is correct, which in turn safeguards the integrity of the driver, and just as importantly, the WRS. The golden rule is to check your replay before submission. If youre still unsure, check it again, ask for a second opinion and if youre still undecided, run the lap again.

(Best Lap Replay Save)

full

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on Discord or via other private IM service.):
  • Total Lap Time.
  • Any information which can be used to infer your total lap time.
  • If you choose to Share your Best-Lap Replay via GT7 before the deadline,your full lap time will be considered to be shared publicly which contravenes our rules. Even if you've only shared with Friends.
The following information can be discussed in this thread :
  • The first 2 sectors: T1 and T2 times.
  • Any settings discussion.

full

Submission:

All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 12 Submission ) to (WRSFetchbot):
  • Please submit your FULL LAP TIME in the following format on a single line:
    X:XX.XXX
    (Example-)
    1:10.100
  • You will get an automated response within 15min, letting you know whether your submission was accepted, or if you had an error.
  • ?For those of you who were used to submitting replays on GT6, you no longer have the ability to export the files.?
  • If you have an error, don't panic. Just review the instructions for submission and submit again. If you are having trouble and cannot figure it out, please post your question in the race thread.
  • Users can ask the bot for the current submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week 12 Get Entry" and any text in the body.
  • Users can delete their submitted time by sending a message with the Subject: "GTP_WRS Week 12 Remove Entry" and any text in the body.
  • If you want to submit multiple times in the week just reply to the conversation with your new time. Fetchy always uses the last submitted time as the final one.
  • The deadline is Monday, July 4th 2022 11:59pm GMT
  • If you are unsure of the deadline try this site.
Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.

Replay Checking:
  • Division winners and overperformers will be required to submit a replay via the GT7 Share function for verification AFTER Unofficial Results have been posted.
  • Participants will be expected to check each others' replays for cleanliness, for replays marked in the Results thread as (Replay Verify Required).
  • Video/Youtube/Twitch replays are not accepted as a form of verification.

full

Good luck,
:gtplanet: & The WRS team.

Will try and get some laps here, will still be using G29 as I waited in for 4 days for new wheel to be delivered but the courier marked it on tracking as delivered Tuesday and took the money off my card anyway... an absolute joke Yodel delivery drivers .. a week later and multiple phone and live chat bs i'm still waiting for their investigation results and if it ends with me out of pocket due to some scally robbing my wheel to sell on ebay or similar i will be involving the police :rolleyes:

Anyway.. nice looking combo guys 👍

Will try and get some laps here, will still be using G29 as I waited in for 4 days for new wheel to be delivered but the courier marked it on tracking as delivered Tuesday and took the money off my card anyway... an absolute joke Yodel delivery drivers .. a week later and multiple phone and live chat bs i'm still waiting for their investigation results and if it ends with me out of pocket due to some scally robbing my wheel to sell on ebay or similar i will be involving the police :rolleyes:

Anyway.. nice looking combo guys 👍
Yodel are the absolute worst. Fingers crossed you get some joy, and your new wheel!

Looks like a fun one this week, fond memories of Fuji so always a favourite of mine

This is an understeery beast that runs out of steam about 6800 rpm. If it was this way in GTS, I don't know how it was one of the OP Gr.4 cars, even with the BOP.

Some early and slow splits (obviously not from the noon rain session):

This is an understeery beast that runs out of steam about 6800 rpm. If it was this way in GTS, I don't know how it was one of the OP Gr.4 cars, even with the BOP.

Some early and slow splits (obviously not from the noon rain session):

Understeery beast! YUP!!! :D

Finally after a week I got a replacement for my lost in transit wheel and now I have it in my possession 👍 will be testing this tonight when the wife finishes work as I have the pup until then and he doesn't let me do anything without biting me .. he needs babysitting elsewhere in another room.. looking forward to trying this combo later :cheers:

I love the final sector! Let those front wheels pull you through the corners! Corner entry speed is key as always but even more important with this pushy beast!!!!

I was just going to sit down with it but GT7 is offline for me at the moment. :irked:

I’ve seen better splits in the first & third sectors, but they make my total only a couple of hundredths better so overall I’m happy with this one

I ended up very close to the edge at one point but I’ve checked frame by frame and I managed to just stay on the curb

Attachments

• 922B136C-1A94-43A6-94E8-BFAAEC2C02D9.jpeg
    922B136C-1A94-43A6-94E8-BFAAEC2C02D9.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 17

Trying to find the best feedback set up for this wheel, so far I'm at mode with 3 flashing lights instead of 5 which is 720 degree as far as I know and feedback 1 / 2 will keep tweaking at it anyway 👍 Tricky combo! :eek:

Back