GTP_WRS Week 128 : Toyota Toge

• Thread starter EDK
  • 101 comments
After 3 hours in the chair - haven't been able to put together a clean lap yet.:dunce:
The walls keep jumping at me - but not the same one it seems.🤬
Well that is if I'm to drive a lap under 3 minutes, otherwise they are kind and keep a bit of distance.:rolleyes:

Might not get a lap I can post.:odd:

Sadly just not feeling this combo.:guilty:

Terrible T1 but a much better end section and made .1 at the line.. still want those 2 tenths at T1 back so I'm going back 👍

edit: Keep being up at T3 but to lose it all on the last turns :( submitting the lap above.. GL to all 👍

was actually .127 at T1 but no real diff :P

Last edited:
Sorry guys I need to highlight an infamous fail section of the track on the downhill section that at first look can seem valid and clean... but after changing camera angles the actual fail can be seen clearly! Here's 3 pics all taken from the same time frame in the lap at the exact same location just with different camera angles...

The tyre has a weird wall that angles inwards to a thin tread.. and both pics 1 and 2 look valid... pic 3 shows it is in fact a fail :( make use of this info guys as you could easily be failed when you have it in your mind that it's totally clean
I checked the replay of my best lap and discovered that I had a similar situation like the downhill one that Mr.P described
on the second last corner (righthander before pit entry).
I'm a little confused in this case:
Do tarmac and rumble strips count as ontrack or do I have to obey the "white line rule" ?
At this particular corner I have two wheels on the gras and the other on the "gras-side" of the white line.
So will this be an invalid lap ?

Hi DerDoc, If you still have 2 wheels on tar even if they are behind the white line your lap should be valid 👍 The pics you quoted by me show a fail where the only part of the wheel that makes contact with the ground is totally on grass.. the tyre wall is actually wider than the tread and creates an illusion it is valid when it is not 👍

No white line rule this week all tar is valid :cheers:

@Mr P Thank you for the quick reply (as the deadline is near :nervous:)
So I'm submitting my best lap and will - regardless of division win - upload it to have it evaluated by other prticipants

#
Icon_Nationality.jpg
icon_column_controller.png
Driver PSN Division Class Split 1 Sector Split 2 Sector Split 3 Gap

us.gif
icon_controller_wheel.png
shoenboggie
Trophy_Silver.png
0'28.095 1'02.859 1'30.954 0'42.983 2'13.937 +0'01.829
us.gif
GTP_EDK
Trophy_Silver.png
0'28.391 1'02.784 1'31.175 0'42.919 2'14.094 +0'01.986
de.gif
Doc-SG
Trophy_Bronze.png
0'28.126 1'02.804 1'30.930 0'43.178 2'14.108 +0'02.000
dk.gif
Hobie199
class_pending.png
0'28.244 1'03.001 1'31.245 0'42.884 2'14.129 +0'02.021

Final ranking places 6-9 will be interesting to see :cheers:
With a small advantage for @shoenboggie 👍

Hi DerDoc, If you still have 2 wheels on tar even if they are behind the white line your lap should be valid 👍 The pics you quoted by me show a fail where the only part of the wheel that makes contact with the ground is totally on grass.. the tyre wall is actually wider than the tread and creates an illusion it is valid when it is not 👍

No white line rule this week all tar is valid :cheers:
Oh mad in which case I think I invalidated a lap which is in fact valid. Turn one has some curbs outside the white line, I came off the curbs but didn't cross over the white line before all tyres where the 'wrong' side of it. So that should be ok?

Edit: actually makes no difference, after submitting my time to fetchy I deleted all the other replays so no evidence of that slightly faster lap. Nevermind think it was only a tenth faster.

Back