GTP_WRS Week 129 : Taking a New Road

• Thread starter EDK
  • 120 comments
White line racing instead much thats more clear and no gt lines
Yeah, the white line rule is not my preference. We use it when we have to. My lap is nowhere near as tight to the limits as what's been posted.

Yeah it was a pretty bad example pic I agree.. maybe I'm just sour at spending so much time trying to stay on the track side of that damn rumble.. when all the speed is on the bad side pfft :P

I'm moving on guys I know for future events now that blue and white rumbles we can use both sides and red and white we stay closer to the track 👍

Reactions: EDK
Yeah it was a pretty bad example pic I agree.. maybe I'm just sour at spending so much time trying to stay on the track side of that damn rumble.. when all the speed is on the bad side pfft :P

I'm moving on guys I know for future events now that blue and white rumbles we can use both sides and red and white we stay closer to the track 👍
I think you know I try my best with this.

I can understand why you might be frustrated by it, but also understand I am just trying to make it fun for everyone.

Great input and discussion guys.
But couldn't we have had this earlier in the week!?!:lol:;):cheers:

The following comment is said with the continued respect, admiration and envy I have for you really fast dudes in racing:bowdown:;
To me personally this is corner cutting, and against the spirit of racing. The car is of the track, in my book.:ouch:
I hate all those races/classes, both sim an RL where the track allow you to cut corners in places that wasn't intended to be race track.
I know it's the name of the game from time to time - doesn't change my personal opinion about it.

And frankly this is one of the reasons I never have and most likely never will reach the top step.:indiff:
Whant's to race to clean.:rolleyes:

But I am a racer, so if the rules allow you, you use it. I know.💡
My initial interpretation and understanding of the WRS rules, I would also have red flagged al laps with cars running on that sloped back side of the curbing.
But I can relate and accept the explanation and allowed use when it's the tires contact patch.👍
Makes somewhat sence in this situation.

@Hobie199 no thanks on the "white line rule".:odd:
EDK
At Least 2 Tires must be in contact with track at all times (See image below).
But would like it to be "All 4 tires must...."
I know that can give some other gray zones on some other tracks/situations. But less, I think.
The track in my opinion is the tarmac ( not including wast run-off areas now a days), white outer line and curbing.
The car has to stay within these limits.
Anything outside the should be grass, dirt, gravel etc., That slows the car.
And no, don't like street circuits either.:lol::lol:
Don't want the car wrecked by a small mistake - I have to many of those.:D

Great input and discussion guys.
But couldn't we have had this earlier in the week!?!:lol:;):cheers:

The following comment is said with the continued respect, admiration and envy I have for you really fast dudes in racing:bowdown:;
To me personally this is corner cutting, and against the spirit of racing. The car is of the track, in my book.:ouch:
I hate all those races/classes, both sim an RL where the track allow you to cut corners in places that wasn't intended to be race track.
I know it's the name of the game from time to time - doesn't change my personal opinion about it.

And frankly this is one of the reasons I never have and most likely never will reach the top step.:indiff:
Whant's to race to clean.:rolleyes:

But I am a racer, so if the rules allow you, you use it. I know.💡
My initial interpretation and understanding of the WRS rules, I would also have red flagged al laps with cars running on that sloped back side of the curbing.
But I can relate and accept the explanation and allowed use when it's the tires contact patch.👍
Makes somewhat sence in this situation.

@Hobie199 no thanks on the "white line rule".:odd:

But would like it to be "All 4 tires must...."
I know that can give some other gray zones on some other tracks/situations. But less, I think.
The track in my opinion is the tarmac ( not including wast run-off areas now a days), white outer line and curbing.
The car has to stay within these limits.
Anything outside the should be grass, dirt, gravel etc., That slows the car.
And no, don't like street circuits either.:lol::lol:
Don't want the car wrecked by a small mistake - I have to many of those.:D
The nature of racers is such that wherever you set the track limits, they will push them to the absolute boundary. This tends to have all matters of opinion enter in, but it actually doesn't matter where the boundary is set.

Only that it's clear, and enforced.

Unfortunately we are not like a tennis court or football field, where the boundaries are always exactly the same.

So we have to interpret from track to track, week to week.

And sometimes rulings become controversial.

But I simply call it like I see it.

Common sense prevails.

The physics of most sims generally mean that you can be a little more aggressive with riding the kerbs than the real world ( although some series like V8 supercars for example really ride them aggressively! )
I watched a max verstappen world record at brands on iRacing and he used parts of the track I doubt he would find beneficial for real.

To neuter that on the sim would reduce the driving experience for me and feel a bit forced, make it feel less like you are "going for it" and really trying to get the fastest time you can, and also make it harder to switch from PD / FIA events to WRS and vice versa.

When you compare to what you can get away with in sport mode WRS is a lot more like real world to begin with anyway, its hardly like we can just straight line the first chicane at monza for example :lol:

Anyway, I feel like I should leave this thread for those participating. Have fun guys.

Last edited:
I went back for a few laps and was .2 up at T2 fairly quick.. it's pretty mad how much faster it is from taking that outside line on the rumble :eek: But... I don't like how it looks in the replay tbh and will just submit my best clean lap from the board and call it quits with this round :) Cyas at the Nurb
driving.gif

Have fun guys and Good luck! :cheers:

edit: submitted

Good discussion on the track limits... 👍

I'd be on the side of the two wheels inside the white lines rule... makes that chicane (and I'm sure other corners too) harder but making things easy is not always a good thing... I'm sure everyone competing here now is capable of taking that chicane and sticking to two wheels inside white lines.

But the rules have been clearly clarified by @EDK so we know where we stand. :gtpflag::cheers:

I think these will be my final times, I know there's more out there especially since my T2 is a tad slower than my last but a) it's a really stressful lap knowing you've got the chicane still to come when you're on a great lap, and b) I wanna get onto the nurb!

Submitting with these:

Was able to do a .766 in T1 (!) but T2 was a PB, and it didn't fall apart too much in the last corner. I had a slightly faster lap that would've caused a headache being on the edge of a sloped rumble, so not even going there :lol:

Better late than never... ;)

Lost count of how many times I've been on a quick one and binned it at the chicane of death, so my optimal best still probably has a couple of tenths in it,:banghead: but submitting this one, good luck all! :cheers:

Jeez just looked at some of the splits, wow some real aliens about this week!

Can't see how a 35xxx is possible! That's insaneeeee

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Managed to improve at line but 3 tenths away from optimal best
Will give it another spin but doubt I'll improve on these, screwed up the final corner

We should start a weekly drift trial. Maybe I could win that. Thinking back, I think the more laps I drove the better my drifts got lol

Latest Posts

Back