GTP_WRS Week 13 : The Ultimate Enduro

• Thread starter EDK
  • 330 comments
I salute those who are getting into the sub-39/1:47 brackets. I doubt I'll get there, but I'm still improving some:

1:48.717

And this time, I didn't have the wipers going :lol:

Dusted off the old DS3 for a quick session first splits for me this TT

T1 38.949
T2 1:45.366

Not bad seeing as im using X-[] for brake and throttle.

1'44.767

Second half of T2 was rather poor; a couple of skids in Pouhon and very rough in Fagnes. 0.278 quicker in T3; managed to get a lot more speed coming out of Stavelot.

I salute those who are getting into the sub-39/1:47 brackets. I doubt I'll get there, but I'm still improving some:

1:48.717

And this time, I didn't have the wipers going :lol:

39.9 is not bad. Partial throttle through Eau Rouge can help bringing it down. In the second sector it took me a while to realize I don't need to brake so early. Now I'm braking just before the overpass shadow and using the brake release to point the car towards the apex.
There is a lot of turns where I use brake and partial throttle at the same time.

Great improvement to my T2 this morning but screwed up my nemesis corner exit Stavelot, I get so loose out of there nearly every time the it snaps round when I try and correct.
Still almost 2 seconds improvement at the line though, so I know there is at least another second or more out there with this combo if I can string an entire good lap together.
1'47.900

I don't know how I did it, but this lap was unreal. I had 10 degrees slip angle at Eau Rouge and at Blanchimont but it didn't seem to have hurt the time. I'm baffled, because it should be slower :confused::odd::confused:. The Eau Rouge exit speed was equal to my best, but I reckon there is maybe a tenth to be found if I nail Blanchimont. This will be my banker :)

1'44.234

Yeah but it's not our usual professional screen-pic job that we have most weeks...looks suspiciously like some twit grabbed a pic off Google Images and just stuffed it in there. :dunce:

Oh and we just published @PASM's thread for the online race next Wed. 👍

Tried post my spilts yesterday but got meseges "Wrong mesege format" or smonething like this. Can't get what is wrong with it.
My cuurent splits

1'47.233

Few time saw 38.8xx, also saw 0,998 better time on T2, but ... Also meneged to do 1 second faster T3 than my present best, but it was red lap and I wasn't afraid to risk. Maybe couldn't repeat that o clear lap :(
Anyway, there are so many rooms to improve, but Eastern ahead ...

1'46.350
So many laps failed at the fast corner with no name in T3
I have given it a name but it cannot be repeated here.

Same here..I curse in croatian and it cant definetly not be translated, would be banned in seconds...

Why has the leader board reverted to my old GTP_SKYLINE account that was hacked when I changed it to my current account I'm using for the WRS .

1'47.700

It felt more like walking a tightrope than driving a car.
Just a little too much brake or throttle and it was all over.

1'46.365
Just slightly quicker at the line even though the splits are dropping me back down the board :irked:
BB 4/1
1300km driven in this car
I have seen 38.6 and even a 1'45.9 but I just cant make it stick
It is so hard to control this sensitive beast with just two thumbs and 4 buttons
Perhaps its time to get a wheel now I'm in Div 2 :dopey:

Last edited:
I thought I had brainworms or sth as I couldn't get anything together. Then I decided to put BB at default and my first clean lap - which was pretty soon in - improved the result by nearly seven tenths. There's a "what's/watch this" moment in sector 2 but R tyres are at least 27 mm on-track.

1'48,967

Hi @Senninha_77, I find the car very stable under braking.

1'49.750

Yes it is Mark @Mark_S !! As I wrote on my first post here, my idea of less braking force on the front is to not make the car understeer too much because you do not transfer too much weight to the front and keep the traction/power behind, where it has to be... and I still bet on this kind of setup on most R/R cars...

Keep pushing it !!! :)

Back