GTP_WRS Week 13 : The Ultimate Enduro

• Thread starter EDK
  • 330 comments
It's a different car, so no. If you've got time, the X2014 events are your best bet for earning money.

You can't use the Anniversary car, no; you have to use one from the Ford dealership.

Ah Thank's for make this clear guys!!! I have money to buy the car and I'll do it, but since a have this Edition, I thought it was the same car.... Ok now !!!

Thank's again!! :cheers: :)

Sweet combo. The car is lovely balanced, but makes for a very hairy ride when pushed. I'm running TC at 5 and having no problem regulating throttle with a DS3. I probably would like driving a yugo as long as it is in Spa...
First splits, second splits needs serious improvement
1'48.875

I'm hooked. I adore this combo! Nice one Kevin 👍 First few laps:

1'44.633

T1 isn't quite there yet. T2 was solid, but may need a bit of fine tuning. T3 I was scared to bin it at Blanchimont, so I left a bit on the track there as well.

Wow, can't recall when we last had an EDK combo! That was a nice, long break, Kevin, hope you're well rested :P

I've always been a big fan or your work, and I can't wait to give this one a go, but first I must improve on the Abarth...

Can somebody tell me what's this Fetchy error ???? How can it be a Spring Rate invalid setting if I didn't change nothing on the car except the oil change....?? :boggled: Tks!

Submission for week 13 is REJECTED!

Errors:
SpringRateRear setting is invalid

Can somebody tell me what's this Fetchy error ???? How can it be a Spring Rate invalid setting if I didn't change nothing on the car except the oil change....?? :boggled: Tks!

Submission for week 13 is REJECTED!

Errors:
SpringRateRear setting is invalid
I'm looking into it, I get the same error when I try to submit.

I'll report back here when it's OK to submit.

Oh, and 1.2sec at the line that I'll post then too! :dopey:

I'm looking into it, I get the same error when I try to submit.

I'll report back here when it's OK to submit.

Oh, and 1.2sec at the line that I'll post then too! :dopey:

Not sure if it was a post update of the game that causes it.... I saw here on GTP yesterday that some guys are having some trouble with the HUD flashing sometimes and I've noticed mine blink as well.... Bu I'm really not sure about it... So strange to have a car setting invalid since the car is stock....

Thank's for the answer Gravitron! :)

OK, it accepted my time now. Go ahead and try again.

Starting to get the hang of Eau Rouge - shift to 4th, let off the gas slowly, coast about halfway up and then slowly but deliberately back on gas. Steering inputs very minimal and slow.

Couple tenths faster to T2, and then a full second in T3. :)

1'45.234

For turn 11 (turn with no name, before Pouhon) and Blanchimont I find it beneficial to let off gas a little early and just coast to the turn in point, no brakes.

BB 4/1, using 1st gear in La Source, Bruxelles (aka Rivage), and the chicane only.

800px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

Last edited:

Accepted now too!! had tried 2 times earlier ....

Don't know if it was a Fetch problem, but thank's again Gravitron! :)

EDIT: Ah! My first splits now on DIV3..... muuuuch harder.... need a lot of improvement, training...

Last edited:
This car is easier to control than I anticipated. For me Spa has not produced good results in past TTs, hope to change that this time.

1'46.717

4 more tenths at the line, most of it in T2. A perfect T1 for me would be 2 tenths faster than this. I have never understood the chicane and have been beaten through there so many times it's not funny. :grumpy: But this one felt pretty fast.
Really gets the blood pumping and the sweat flowin'! :dopey:

1'44.884

4 more tenths at the line, most of it in T2. A perfect T1 for me would be 2 tenths faster than this. I have never understood the chicane and have been beaten through there so many times it's not funny. :grumpy: But this one felt pretty fast.
Really gets the blood pumping and the sweat flowin'! :dopey:

1'44.884
Hell's Bell's, that's a pretty good T1 lad!!

Good news: I found this car in my garage
Bad news: I don't know the track at all

I don't think this car will like AT but other than that there shouldn't be much disadvantage to DS3 users.

1'47.667

You just had to prove me wrong, didn't you :)
I'm still in 1'49s but not for long.

By the way the manhole cover in turn 16 can produce some pretty spectacular stunts but you shouldn't be hitting the apex that early anyway.

This car is super easy to drive if you don't push hard.

:lol: Isn't that true every week? :D

Something that @hasslemoff noted when we tried this online is that this car is easier to drive with the extra fuel weight. The notorious 2nd-stint tires felt fairly close to the offline time trial. :mischievous:

Wait, weight? As in determined by room settings instead of car settings?
Offline the fuel weight isn't included, online it is included.

In this combo and many others it makes it a bit easier to drive. :)

:lol: Isn't that true every week? :D

You know what I mean. Some cars are a bit more predictible at the limit. With this beast I don't know if I'm oversteering because the rear is heavy or because of my lead foot :)

OK, it accepted my time now. Go ahead and try again.

Starting to get the hang of Eau Rouge - shift to 4th, let off the gas slowly, coast about halfway up and then slowly but deliberately back on gas. Steering inputs very minimal and slow.

Couple tenths faster to T2, and then a full second in T3. :)

1'45.234

For turn 11 (turn with no name, before Pouhon) and Blanchimont I find it beneficial to let off gas a little early and just coast to the turn in point, no brakes.

BB 4/1, using 1st gear in La Source, Bruxelles (aka Rivage), and the chicane only.

800px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

Re- Eau rouge do you hug the inside rumble (the left before the long right)then mount as much rumble as you can in the long right part? (I keep trying different ways but can't seem to nail it, La Source is giving me a hard time aswell.

I think Turn 11 is called commentator's box turn or something like that.

Re- Eau rouge do you hug the inside rumble (the left before the long right)then mount as much rumble as you can in the long right part? (I keep trying different ways but can't seem to nail it, La Source is giving me a hard time aswell.

I think Turn 11 is called commentator's box turn or something like that.

That's what I was doing for Eau Rouge during my brief session yesterday, saw a couple of 38.5s. Not posted anything because I didn't even complete a lap in that ~45 minute session, due to my 2nd sector always being slidey and :censored:y, especially at the end.

That's what I was doing for Eau Rouge during my brief session yesterday, saw a couple of 38.5s. Not posted anything because I didn't even complete a lap in that ~45 minute session, due to my 2nd sector always being slidey and :censored:y, especially at the end.

I couldn't at all get below 38.8, will give it another go today.

Try to practice turns 13-14-15, that combo is a killer, I lose so much time there.

Urgh. I just had a 1'46.9 but ran out of talent on the very last corner :(
It is great to be back on tarmac. The dirt track last week just wasn't my cup of tea.
So getting to drive Eau Rouge makes me feel much better, even though it is frustrating and rewarding.
Surely it must be the best corner of any track in this game and maybe in reality.
It's on my bucket list.

Back