GTP_WRS Week 13 : The Ultimate Enduro

• Thread starter EDK
  • 330 comments
Yep, I'm using Triangle and Square for gear shifting...only problem is that I start to slip off the accelerator (R2), I'll work it out though. Thanks for the tip about redlining though, I noticed second gear seemed better when shifting really late.

Bah. I know how to get faster. I just can't get my left foot to do it. I believe the way you release the brake is the key to a fast time this week.

1'47.384

Minimal gain at the line though.

Edit: Doh! @Stevious is now in D2 so I don't need to chase him. Yaye!

Last edited:
Slight improvement for me, I just can't seem to nail my perfect lap:

1'47.424

Reasonably happy with Sector 2, the other two have been better :indiff:

I believe the way you release the brake is the key to a fast time this week.
Yes definitely. The typical method of driving most other cars by dropping quickly off the brakes and hunting for traction on the gas is not going to work.

And that makes sense, right? Quickly releasing the brakes means a rearward weight shift, and this beast is already heavy in the rear. Smooth inputs on steering, brakes, and throttle do wonders. :)

They do? I felt I could just correct here, like lift, and the car wouldn't give me any trouble. Actually, after the chicane in the second sector I either start slacking or the track just becomes less lethal.

Yeah I do the same full throttle through the first corner then lift for the tighter second one which is simple enough to do when im chasing my ghost. Being infront of it is a differnt story and I seem to just forget what to do when I see a decent second split! :lol:

1'46.567
BB 4/2 Thanks to @Gravitron for starting me off with 4/1, and for the braking tips.
TC 0 made me more careful and therefore quicker.
I saw a 38.9 which is a good sign. Getting on the gas earlier at the bottom of Eau Rouge.
More restarts than clean laps but great fun. Thanks @EDK for a very good combo.
@mr_lab_rat there's no green above you on the leader board :)

Last edited:
1'46.567
BB 4/2 Thanks to @Gravitron for starting me off with 4/1, and for the braking tips.
TC 0 made me more careful and therefore quicker.
I saw a 38.9 which is a good sign. Getting on the gas earlier at the bottom of Eau Rouge.
More restarts than clean laps but great fun. Thanks @EDK for a very good combo.
@mr_lab_rat there's no green above you on the leader board :)

Wait wait, whats going on....that means I will make a 1'46.56X - 1'46.57X...thats cool.....today after work I will try to match it

Slowly (very, very slowly) getting there with the second sector... I'll let you judge the first. ;)

1'45.667

As long as the car is as easy to drive as it was in the Nurb challenge, I think I'm going to have some fun. Now I just have to get the car. :lol:

Where do I sign up for the Eau Rouge 200kmh club?

I think your right foot will know what to do. :lol:

In all seriousness, take as much of the first and third kerbstone as you can and use the least steering input. While braking for the corner, keep part of the throttle on to stabilise the car and prevent a snap oversteer when you release the brake.

My first sector needs a little work too, but after I had my second run tonight I'm gonna post a Sector 1 video.

Yes definitely. The typical method of driving most other cars by dropping quickly off the brakes and hunting for traction on the gas is not going to work.

And that makes sense, right? Quickly releasing the brakes means a rearward weight shift, and this beast is already heavy in the rear. Smooth inputs on steering, brakes, and throttle do wonders. :)

I'm usually against calling cars "she", but this one is hard to avoid: Go easy on her do nothing too obvious and you'll get her to do almost anything; Be too rough and you'll loose her for ever...:mischievous:

Gah!! You guys wouldn't mind changing it up this week and posting a sector two video would you??? I didn't think so...
I've seen sub 39 t1's just to have my t2 be worse than ever. I have made some small improvement there but I have to sacrifice a few tenths in sector one because the only way I've found to carry more speed through les combes is to brake earlier. Thoughts? Help? :crazy:

0:39.384
1:47.984

Edit-Thought I would try to adjust my brake balance to see if that helped and noticed it was 0/0 and the abs was 0. So I changed them, but if I exit the tt and come back they're reset to all 0's and the traction control goes to 5. Every time, no matter if I use the RA function or the menu. Anybody have a guess why that's happening? (it's only this car btw)

Last edited:
How do I tell Fetchy to show that I'm on wheel? :D There is just a question mark in the leaderboards where the wheel should be.. Or is someone else responsible for that? :)

Hoping to get back to this one today/tomorrow. I had some upper mid 38s and some 1:45s but I kept sliding into the overrun on the last chicane on all my good laps. Can anyone recommend a good braking point, my just winging it isn't cutting it :lol: :dunce:

Jerome

Hoping to get back to this one today/tomorrow. I had some upper mid 38s and some 1:45s but I kept sliding into the overrun on the last chicane on all my good laps. Can anyone recommend a good braking point, my just winging it isn't cutting it :lol: :dunce:

Jerome
There is a big shadow on the track, stick to the right after Blanchimont, there you will find a point where the shadow changes. It's after the gantry and before the white line if I remember right... Well, that's my braking point and it works pretty well :P

Latest Posts

Back