GTP_WRS Week 13 : The Ultimate Enduro

• Thread starter EDK
  • 330 comments
This is going to be a bad week for me.

1:52.995

Re- Eau rouge do you hug the inside rumble (the left before the long right)then mount as much rumble as you can in the long right part? (I keep trying different ways but can't seem to nail it, La Source is giving me a hard time aswell.

I think Turn 11 is called commentator's box turn or something like that.
We need a sector 1 video, which I can't provide, but maybe Bart can? @PASM

But yes, I'm hitting the first left rumble with my right-side tires just barely touching the rumble, mostly still on tarmac. Then for the long right uphill I try to get the car half on/half off, and then just skirt the edge of red-lap for the exit rumble on the left.

La Source, I brake hard right as the 1st brake marker leaves the screen on the left, then a little trail braking and gas-mash to get a tight rotation.

I could try, but it'd be terrible quality, comparable to the attached picture at best, so probably best to wait for someone else. :(

On a side note, I really need to clean up my second sector and finish a lap. :rolleyes:

Edit: two things, it could be that I changed my brakes to 6 6, and also I screwed up sector 2 pretty badly and quit just after the checkpoint, maybe I could send the file to someone who could do a proper video? Not sure if anyone would be willing, or if it would even be allowed, just thought I'd mention it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
We need a sector 1 video, which I can't provide, but maybe Bart can? @PASM

But yes, I'm hitting the first left rumble with my right-side tires just barely touching the rumble, mostly still on tarmac. Then for the long right uphill I try to get the car half on/half off, and then just skirt the edge of red-lap for the exit rumble on the left.

La Source, I brake hard right as the 1st brake marker leaves the screen on the left, then a little trail braking and gas-mash to get a tight rotation.

This s very helpful, thanks Gravitron :cheers:

Tried TCS 1 but had no control, every time I do a decent s1 or 2 I mess up due to the car being too twitchy. I have set my fastest time for the week as I can't go quicker and can't see enough places to make up time. Let's hope next week is a car I can drive

Just had first 30 mins or so run on this, only managed about 3 clean laps. slow splits im sure. :scared: tough combo to go super fast, great fun though i think, but time will tell
👍

Just gave it a first drive. I am in Awe of the guys that used to race in cars like these back then, just wow!
This thing seems to get very mad at me if I'm anything but as gentle as can be with the wheel, it doesn't mind hard braking or stomping on the gas, but turn in too early or too late or too fast....:eek: Seems like the oversteer tries to pass the understeer and the tires turn into hockey pucks.

0:40.500
1:50.039

Had to give it a few more laps because this car sounds way to good. (probably aggravating the neighbors with every crash:mischievous:)

0:39.171
1:49.155

For some reason Poo han scares me every time and I get all brake happy and throttle shy. Losing so much time there.

My first times with a wounded Knie, wesdnesy day picture of my knie and maybe a operation :grumpy:

:gtpflag:

Finally something that isn't nothing. I had to stop chasing the near impossible T1s. Really slow first and last corner on this one.

1:50,437

Half the time I attempt a similar EdR as here, I end up sliding sideways up the hill.

Am I the only one who struggles with turn 16 (the high speed one befor the chicane)?
I have wasted some good splits by lacking cojones.

First WRS TT since I got my new wheel! Absolutely loving it although I had no idea how to tackle Spa before this! First 300 or so miles and think ive got the basic hang of it. First splits:

1'46.182

Those last 2 corners before the chicane in T3 really test your nerve when on a good lap. Threw away so many low 46s there. Almost did on this one aswell but somehow managed to stop it from spinning which resulted in a dire T3 so plently room for improvement!!

Those last 2 corners before the chicane in T3 really test your nerve when on a good lap.
They do? I felt I could just correct here, like lift, and the car wouldn't give me any trouble. Actually, after the chicane in the second sector I either start slacking or the track just becomes less lethal.

Am I the only one who struggles with turn 16 (the high speed one befor the chicane)?
I have wasted some good splits by lacking cojones.

If by struggling you mean downshifting to 3rd gear and going too slow or going too wide on 4th gear red flagging an otherwise squeaky clean lap, I'm in ...

I'm sure it can be taken in 4th gear at very high speed. But it's two minutes into a lap and I'm finding myself losing a lot of time by being too careful.
The final corner at Deep Forest was also tough but at least it was a short lap.

I'm sure it can be taken in 4th gear at very high speed. But it's two minutes into a lap and I'm finding myself losing a lot of time by being too careful.

I usually take this corner (last before the chicane) at 4th gear... just a quick tap on brake, then back to accelerate quickly too, but not full throttle to avoid spin while turning to left...

I use Brake like 4/7 .... I think a 4 on front help's me to make the car not understeer and 7 on rear to keep the weight and traction on those wheels..... At least is working for me...:D

Last edited:
1'47.630

.2 at the line but a slower T1 (.5)

I've got trobble getting T2 right, still a lot to improve.

That corner can be taken with just a lift. Get back on throttle as soon as the nose is pointing where you want it to. (of course I'm usually trying to make up the 2 seconds I've lost in my atrocious sector 2)

Well, I'm getting used to my new controller set up and I feel like an idiot for not doing it sooner! Being able to modulate accelerator, brake and steering is clearly of benefit even after just two days using it :dunce: My hands also don't hurt at all after a pretty solid session...anyway, new splits for now:

1'47.733

I've seen a 39.1xx and this lap included a really long fish tail after corner 11 so I'm confident if I get the time there might be another second for me to gain...but I don't think I'll get much of a chance, heading away for the Easter weekend. I've submitted this one just in case 👍

After the first few laps...

1:46,750

Not easy, but a lot of fun!

Well, I'm getting used to my new controller set up and I feel like an idiot for not doing it sooner! Being able to modulate accelerator, brake and steering is clearly of benefit even after just two days using it :dunce: My hands also don't hurt at all

So are you able to shift manual? This week you can gain some time by taking it past redline in first two gears.

Last edited:
Back