GTP_WRS Week 13 : WRS Goes to Hell

• Thread starter EDK
  • 477 comments
Sure you'll be Ok but I noticed on one of my discarded laps the bollard stays up but the body work of the car actually goes through the darn thing and that should in theory make it a bad lap đź‘Ť

I try and get on later and take another look. If it’s close that’s clean in my eyes. :ouch:

Seems not matter how well or bad i run the first section, I always end up with almost the same time at S9. :D
Last run for the TT, 2.7s faster at the line. Yet tons of time lost in the Hell.

Going to submit the time. Good luck to late commers and banzai runners, good luck to all.

My two fast lap replays both killed the bollards,thanks for mention it today because it totally slipped my eye, so had to do a new Ring session.

have a slightly faster lap now but on one point close to the border.
20180226201252.jpg

One question for @EDK before I resubmit the new laptime.

This is clean?
20180226203049.jpg

My two fast lap replays both killed the bollards,thanks for mention it today because it totally slipped my eye, so had to do a new Ring session.

have a slightly faster lap now but on one point close to the border.View attachment 717466

One question for @EDK before I resubmit the new laptime.

This is clean?
View attachment 717467
That's clean.

I realize that one is a bit of a fuzzy area and not consistent with the OP saying it's only tarmac and red and white rumbles.

Sorry to anyone who may have thrown out a lap or changed their approach in this spot, but from my perspective this one should be a common sense ruling.

EDK
That's clean.

I realize that one is a bit of a fuzzy area and not consistent with the OP saying it's only tarmac and red and white rumbles.

Sorry to anyone who may have thrown out a lap or changed their approach in this spot, but from my perspective this one should be a common sense ruling.

Thanks kevin,

yep,I assumed whole week it was clean but the comment on Dan's post waked up a small uncertainty at me.:D

Right, time for one last session. Going to miss this one as next to Le-mans the Nord' is my favourite track and this last week has been so good for me. I have finally found the secrets to the track and whilst I'll never be super fast I can enjoy it even more now.

Last update in about an hour from me

Somehow I managed to shave almost 7 seconds from my previous lap with the 911 RSR :odd:

I'm quite happy with the lap to be honest. There are no perfect laps at NĂĽrburgring. In a circuit so narrow, bumpy and with nearly 26km (25.947km) you need to find a balance between taking risks and keep going fast. Sometimes you have to compromise some speed in a particular corner because as in real life a small mistake could cost you the lap or even the whole race and that's what makes this track such a challenge to be driven flat out.

New splits on the 911 RSR (991)
S1: 21.807
S2: 26.293
S3: 23.750
S4: 22.748
S5: 41.826
S6: 31.772
S7: 26.699
S8: 46.499
S9: 35.594

I really do hope that some of the guys who don't have finished a clean lap don't give up. đź‘Ť

First lap of my session and I crushed my previous time and the rest were just reinforcing the lap time without any improvement. There are a few tenths out there but I'll leave them for the next time.

Brilliant combo and great fun.

Final splits from me in the 911RSR are

Submitting with these so good luck everyone :cheers:

Tried and tried and for my life could not get a better (clean) lap done. Forced myself to do this one with ABS on weak and TC off.... maybe not a good idea. Submitted with previous splits.

Good luck to all who are still fighting!

Well after more than 1200 km on this I couldn't go faster than my previous best although I've set sector times at least 0.2-0.3s faster in every single sector... Just couldn't string them together into a clean and fast lap.
I'm calling it a da... Night and submitting with the splits on the board.

The NĂĽrburgring has beaten me... again.

I'll be back.

Haven't ran many laps this week, haven't even posted splits. Let's see what I can manage last minute......

Oh good grief, more nonsense from me. I just realize a mistake.
I had improved my lap after the initial splits (which are still on the leaderboard) but thought I can still improve that easily (because quiet frankly, that lap is not great). So at that time I was too lazy to type out nine splits on a nonideal lap. Now giving my lap, which I submitted to fetchy, a final check I realize none of the splits match the leaderboard and remember my thinking from a few days ago.
Really my bad, if this is a DQ I stand for it.

911 RSR

Ren
Oh good grief, more nonsense from me. I just realize a mistake.
I had improved my lap after the initial splits (which are still on the leaderboard) but thought I can still improve that easily (because quiet frankly, that lap is not great). So at that time I was too lazy to type out nine splits on a nonideal lap. Now giving my lap, which I submitted to fetchy, a final check I realize none of the splits match the leaderboard and remember my thinking from a few days ago.
Really my bad, if this is a DQ I stand for it.

911 RSR
No DQ for that. The replay needs to match the submission and comply with the event regs, but that's it.

Splits are just to let everyone know where they stand, thanks for updating. đź‘Ť

Reactions: Ren
Haven't ran many laps this week, haven't even posted splits. Let's see what I can manage last minute......
Please either PM the car as per the instructions or at least post in here what you are using, in the event you submit.

Trying to keep this all in order as we make our way up to the deadline.

EDK
Please either PM the car as per the instructions or at least post in here what you are using, in the event you submit.

Trying to keep this all in order as we make our way up to the deadline.

Oh right!

Cayman GT4 Club Sport '16

Unclear on the instructions. I submitted my final time to "fetchy" and the car I used to "EDK." Is there anything else?

Back