GTP_WRS Week 13 : WRS Goes to Hell

• Thread starter EDK
  • 477 comments
Well... its the worst track ever (sorry for being so negative) but its a WRS Special so i thought lets give it a go.. :lol:
For my own curiosity, are you one of those guys who despise the Nordschleife, or is it specifically the 24 hour layout that you hate?

I realize that Nord is general is polarizing.

Man, this is going to be a tough week for consistency :lol:

Just a couple of laps done so far, horrible T1 but I wanted to get a clean marker in as I’m not keen on lots of restarting here!!

In the 911 RSR by the way!

I would also say if you hate the ring or are unfamiliar, the 919 might not be the way to go :lol::lol:

I am very sorry to report that I will be missing this event as well as the rest of March...:( I have a 33 day consulting gig in Central America starting on Saturday but I will be following along while I am away. Good Luck to Everyone and Happy 15th Anniversary to the WRS!

:cheers:

EDK
For my own curiosity, are you one of those guys who despise the Nordschleife, or is it specifically the 24 hour layout that you hate?

I realize that Nord is general is polarizing.

Nah i think its just me.. the GP layout is pretty cool, but the 24h and the Nordschleife are too long and way too narrow... :)

Made a livery again. Hope our German brothers approve!
PS_Messages_20180219_205429.jpg
PS_Messages_20180219_205433.jpg

My first times on the board. I know I can do a lot better but I’m extremely proud of this time as this lap & the previous are the only 2 clean laps I’ve ever managed on this track in every racing game I’ve ever played.
RSR Gr3

On the following lap I spun on the first corner & was 10 seconds behind, by the end of the lap I was ahead by 7 seconds so I definitely know I can go a lot faster but it’s time to eat so will have to try again later

Considering how close we were last week I might have to try the RSR to keep the competition alive.

I had to take a photo of that split just to make sure i was really the same to the thousandth!

Considering how close we were last week I might have to try the RSR to keep the competition alive.

I had to take a photo of that split just to make sure i was really the same to the thousandth!

A bit of friendly rivalry is always good for finding those extra tenths & improving your skills. @Never2fast1 & I have been battling on the leaderboards for weeks and I’ve found it really good for giving me that extra bit of incentive to improve my times.
I’ll be keeping my eye on your splits too on this one mate 👍

A bit of friendly rivalry is always good for finding those extra tenths & improving your skills. @Never2fast1 & I have been battling on the leaderboards for weeks and I’ve found it really good for giving me that extra bit of incentive to improve my times.
I’ll be keeping my eye on your splits too on this one mate 👍

Yes, rivalries are so fun. I let @Nerazzurri down last week since I gave up on the Ferrari early, I let him have an easy win. :lol::cheers:

When pigs fly! So much fun taking this around the Nordschleife! Certainly my favourite combo so far and will be hard to beat. Thanks again to everyone who runs WRS :)

ETA: BB 0, TCS 0, ABS Default
Ö
EDK
Nice one!

I drove this car once at Laguna Seca. :lol:

View attachment 715467
I see no difference

Yes, rivalries are so fun. I let @Nerazzurri down last week since I gave up on the Ferrari early, I let him have an easy win. :lol::cheers:

I gave up on the Ferrari early too mate, I didn’t touch it after I lost my temper with it on Wednesday. I’m just glad the powers that be didn’t put the Ferrari on this track :scared: I think I may have hung myself if they had.

Anyway, today I have gone from despising this track to absolutely loving it. The buzz you get from it when you realise you can hit a lot of the corners faster than you ever thought possible is amazing! Every lap I’m improving massively as I push the Gr3 harder & harder.

My optimum time keeps improving every lap too, but at the moment it’s telling me there’s at least another 10 seconds left to find & on the bright side I know exactly where I can find it :D

This is great! 👍 The ring is my all time favorite track and without a doubt the one I have logged the most miles on in Gran Turismo.

I just realized in my excitement of this weeks venue I forgot to acknowledge the significant milestone of the 15 years of WRS.

I was very late to join the WRS party (week 44 of GT 6) even though I was a regular visitor of gtplanet for car setups since GT4. Thanks to everyone who continue to and have worked to make this happen because without it I would only get a fraction of enjoyment from the Gran Turismo games. The unexpected bonus is all the great people here, the friendships you develop and (IMO) it is the fastest way to become a better racer and faster driver!

My target for this week is intangible and transient. I just want to get better.
Atm, I'm the slowest in the gr.1 and I don't expect that to change. I would like to get closer to the 4m sector 9 but honestly don't know how much I'll improve.
I'll keep at it though and hopefully, in time, my shifts will get more aggressive, my lines more lairy and my general knowledge of this wiggly nonsense should improve.
I'll give it a few hours later on! :cheers:

TC-0 BB-0 Driving line

Last edited:
this 919 is a beast. I had to turn off my cone markers because just hit one and my 919 went so high in the air you would have thought I hit a jump ramp. it will take a lot of practice to tame this thing.

I put it on auto trans and TC 2 until I get good and comfortable with the track. That way I can focus on learning turns and braking points. Then I can learn gears, then throttle control.

Edit: @Renrag39 you should try this too. Will help learn the track. Baby steps my friend ;)

Last edited:
Back