GTP_WRS Week 13 : WRS Goes to Hell

• Thread starter EDK
  • 477 comments
EDK
You'd be surprised, not every fast guy is going to pick the fastest car.
Yeah... you're probably right about that.

I'm guessing progression handicaps for this round are still going to happen? Or do the usual ratings calcs not apply here this week?

Happy anniversary, y'all. If there's been one constant to this section of the forums, its been the WRS. I haven't competed for a long while, but I've looked in and saw the times, wondering if I could even get close. That curiosity finally lead me to joining a few years ago and while life sorta got in the way on further participation, its been good to be back this year and I sure did pick a interesting time to get back into it 👍

As for these week's combo, Abit of a difficult decision. I've gotten very comfortable with the Cayman the last few weeks but I also am quite used to the 919 Hy.

I've been avoiding this track since I got my wheel, and was afraid that I wouldn't be able to put in a clean lap this week. I was pleasantly surprised to find myself putting in two clean laps in a row, the second of which was ten seconds faster than the first.

Cayman GT4

@StigsTC's reference to Rush last week was great. I re-found the awful Nurb crash of Lauda.:scared: Great movie.

Nordschleife tourist is the only real track I've been on, thanks to WRS friends being awesome.:P. It was the Monday after Le Mans last year - I still can't believe it! :drool: Watch out for air on the mini karussell! WOAH. :)

Great job @EDK @GTP_Dutchy @PASM, and all of us in the back seats get to hold on to something quick! :D

Nice idea, I love it. Too bad I don't have that much time this week to drive it, but I'm gonna do my best.

Just a quick question:

Everybody is allowed to post just one time, right?
So just choose one car and stick with it, it's not allowed to post a time in each class?

Nice idea, I love it. Too bad I don't have that much time this week to drive it, but I'm gonna do my best.

Just a quick question:

So just choose one car and stick with it, it's not allowed to post a time in each class?
Yep one car only because the leaderboard doesnt know wich car youre in.

@StigsTC's reference to Rush last week was great. I re-found the awful Nurb crash of Lauda.:scared: Great movie.

Nordschleife tourist is the only real track I've been on, thanks to WRS friends being awesome.:P. It was the Monday after Le Mans last year - I still can't believe it! :drool: Watch out for air on the mini karussell! WOAH. :)

Great job @EDK @GTP_Dutchy @PASM, and all of us in the back seats get to hold on to something quick! :D

I love that movie. Even if you don't have a thing for racing it's still a very good movie. Think i've watched 6 times by now. still seeing new stuff everytime.

There is a great documentary of the Nürnberg ring available with a lot of historic information and commentary by Sir Jackie Stewart who also gave it it'd nickname. "The Green Hell, Legendary, Demanding, Deadly"... a must see for anyone who loves the circuit! Sadly it only covers the North Loop (Nordschleife) and only briefly mentions the mostly forgotten Southern Loop (Südschleife).

Happy anniversary WRS! BIG "We are not worthy" :bowdown: bow to everyone involved for keeping this going, coming up with combos, checking replays, and to all the old familiar names, and the many new ones since I last took part in the WRS ...or any competitive racing/TT's for that matter!

And what better time to make a lil comeback than on the 15th anniversary ...and with an awesome combo to boot!

Gonna put some time in shortly in the GT.4 Cayman, looking forward to competeing with you guys again 👍

20180219_103931(0).jpg

Crispy hi.

Still remember our head to head ROC (I think it was ) @suzuka some years ago. I'll be limiting my time on this combo, I just about cope with doing sections time trial thingy's but not many full laps.

Hope you have fun.

Phillip.

Nice Livery.

Crispy hi.

Still remember our head to head ROC (I think it was ) @suzuka some years ago. I'll be limiting my time on this combo, I just about cope with doing sections time trial thingy's but not many full laps.

Hope you have fun.

Phillip.

Nice Livery.

Hi Phillip, yeah that was some years back wasn't it ...good ole days haha!

I can never pass up a TT or an online endurance at the Nurb, something about it just screams "Do it!!" and I immediately give in haha. I'll probably regret the online race on the Monday as I'm pretty arthritic these days :lol:

Chris.

Edit:

First splits after a "quick" 5 lap banker session in the Cayman...

Last edited:
Can I just say @PASM & @GTP_Dutchy you guys are 🤬 evil!:irked::ouch:

The concentration this combo is taking is exhausting! Not to mention the fact I can’t keep any of these cars on the track for a full lap :banghead:

I think I’m going to need a lot of practice on this one, before I make my final decision on which car I go with.

View attachment 715439
💡💡:idea:Drive the lmp for 5 straight laps, the other two will feel slow after that:tup::lol::lol::lol: You're welcome:lol::lol::lol:

Just a quick question:

You get one submission.

If you change your mind about which car to use mid week, that's not a problem. But you can only submit with one car.

Back