GTP_WRS Week 132: Circuit del Diablo

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 73 comments
Having my first few laps on this after the manufacturer's race tonight, and jeez what a boat .

Just getting back into these and I also thought it was only power and weight tuning not allowed, after switching back to stock settings for everything I'm about ready to bin it haha, can barely get a lap together let alone anything that would be competitive . Amazing what a few tweeks of the suspension and gearbox can do..

If I manage to get a lap down il chuck my splits up!

Also with the red and white curbs and rumble strips as part of the track does that mean taking them like this is ok:
IMG_20200606_224909.jpg
IMG_20200606_224504.jpg

Or is it 2 wheels on the black stuff at all times, cheers lads!

Well... I cried all day yesterday and my head is banging today so will try to stay composed, It's like a kick in the teeth every time I go to the kitchen to make a cuppa and he isn't following me? It sets me off, never been impacted so hard by the loss of a pet but he was really special and left a horrible void behind.. I know he was just a dog but this will take a while to get used to... maybe I'm just getting softer as I get older :(

Again you guys are the very best and both me and the wife appreciate all your support.

No such thing as “just a dog” my friend, they are an integral part of the family.
Mine literally saved my life when I was in a very low place years ago, gave me someone to live for. Nearly broke me when I had to loose him.
Still keep his collar in the drawer next to my bed to this day.
All I can say is the usual ‘it gets easier with time’ shtick, but it does.

Neil

It's a shame on my first week back, but gonna have to go with what i have got so far.

The wife has just been taken into hospital (not the covid's or life threatening, hopefully) so gotta concentrate on family stuff.

Will PM fetchy with lap time later, and share lap vid for verification.

Good luck guys and gals (i assume nothing, but hope we have some female members - not actually checked :dunce:)

Neil

Had one last little spin today to see where I'm losing all my T2 timr and actually found .2 but couldn't string it all together so think I'm just going to submit. Insane times you've got there @mcsqueegy Ive seen 33.9s so I could conceive .7s or something but .5 is complete madness! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Wishing a speedy recovery to your wife Neil 👍

Hope the wife is ok Neil!

Thanks guys!
She’s on the mend. A couple or three rounds on steroids IV yesterday and overnight, then a micro-biotic infusion of something new, and she’s well on the mend. Turns out to Have been a severe flair-up of Crohn’s disease.

Hope to have her home either today 10th or tomoz 11th. Well happy as long as she doesn’t pick up cv19 whilst in there. We have been isolating since February cos she’s so vulnerable healthwise.

Neil

Back