GTP_WRS Week 133 : A Scenic Ride

• Thread starter EDK
  • 108 comments
I've hit the same lap time twice!

BB 2:9, loving the combo, an extra .3 and I'm happy.

Messed up the first hairpin in sector 3.

As for the sector 2 hairpin, I'm seeming to find starting outside, moving inside but getting back outside 1/3 in and getting the power down to hit the inside then the outside again. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Someone will have to do a better job of searching than I can manage and correct me, but I did a more thorough search and still found that this car we've had since GT4 has never been used in a WRS.

Crazy, but apparently true. Enjoy watching those replays. 👍

Those replays would sound even better if we could use the clutch.

I've always wondered why it's prohibited, just never really had the courage to ask.

And that's the kind of comment that will make you no friends, you know? :lol: You are forgiven because you are too young to know any better :D
Ron :bowdown:
Sorry, only just realised why :indiff:

As for the clutch I've heard that full manual shifting in GT6 is entirely messed up, don't quote me though.

Those replays would sound even better if we could use the clutch.

I've always wondered why it's prohibited, just never really had the courage to ask.
It goes back to Prologue, the first GT game that supported the clutch.

The clutch offered a distinct advantage in acceleration, there was a way to glitch shift to gain lap time.

We decided to ban it since that put drivers who did not have a wheel with a clutch at a disadvantage.

We've left it that way since we've not wanted to test, or fight or determine if it does or does not offer an advantage. Easier to disallow it.

As for the clutch I've heard that full manual shifting in GT6 is entirely messed up, don't quote me though.

I've never used full manual, but I've heard that you have to have the clutch in fully for the entirety of the shift. :yuck:

The reason it's banned, though? Something to do with it actually being faster in GT5 Prologue and giving an unfair advantage to the lucky few with a good enough wheel, if I'm remembering what I've seen posted correctly.

EDK
It goes back to Prologue, the first GT game that supported the clutch.

The clutch offered a distinct advantage in acceleration, there was a way to glitch shift to gain lap time.
This. I forgot that it did this in Prologue, never even thought to try it in GT6. I might need to mess around tonight in quick matches and see if it works. Be interesting if it did, would go ahead and use it in rooms where people are manipulating the SRF bug ;-).

I'm just not going to post unless it's splits anymore. I'm clearly useless for anything.

I didn't play prologue but, I did play GT5 and discovered how horrible the clutch implementation was in that game. I've played most of GT6 single player using the clutch. Only time I didn't use it was when the car being used didn't allow it. The Goodwood events are a good place to check how the clutch works. I discovered GT6's implementation, by no means perfect, is much improved over GT5. Each car appears to have idiosyncratic shifting characteristics. Certain cars shift "slicker" than others. I never tested extensively if slipping the clutch worked at all and was unaware of that glitch that prompted the WRS ban. I still had tons of fun using it and listening to replays. Also, though I wasn't trying to exploit anything, I was always slower, by anywhere from .25 to as much as a full second, than when using the flappy paddles.

Got a baseline, working hard at T1 and can work harder. Once done I know my T2 will come down, but neither is a telltale sign on how the whole lap goes.

I never really messed around with the older cars in GT, but finding this a nice challenge away from what I normally do in this game. All I can say is I see a ton of time to be had at the line. I am also expecting to get my T2 into the provisional T2s from the Div 1 guys or the low 31s right now. I know the Div 1 guys will have faster T2s by the end of this week, but I need to set a goal to work towards.

If anyone has a replay to share I would really appreciate it, send me a PM. :-) onto the first splits.

I already see T1 going down, it comes down to Race Line and Amount of brake usage.

That was also done with ABS 0 and BB 5/5

I've hit the same lap time twice!

BB 2:9, loving the combo, an extra .3 and I'm happy.

Messed up the first hairpin in sector 3.

As for the sector 2 hairpin, I'm seeming to find starting outside, moving inside but getting back outside 1/3 in and getting the power down to hit the inside then the outside again. Anyone else?

Can't believe that, 15 years? @Mr P you've been on this website longer than I've been alive :lol: Here's to 30 👍
Sorry, only just realised why :indiff:

I'm just giving you a hard time because I'm jealouse dude 👍 :P

Beautiful sounding car and tires well matched to its torques. It'll roast 'em in second gear. So much tire smoke coming up the hill on those twisties I'm probably losing a half second just in the last sector, maybe more. When I'm not being over happy on the go fast pedal, I'm not doing the whoa down pedal right. Still, it rotates under acceleration nicely, so long as you don't over extend the fronts, which I seem to do more often than not.

I think the bot might need to be beat with a stick or two. Since I don't know if my eyes will be up for it at anytime later this week I went ahead and submitted this lap and I got told everything was wrong. @Gravitron , @EDK and any other WRS admins.

I think the bot might need to be beat with a stick or two. Since I don't know if my eyes will be up for it at anytime later this week I went ahead and submitted this lap and I got told everything was wrong. @Gravitron , @EDK and any other WRS admins.
Car is brand new or have you had it for a while now?
And maybe fetchy is not up for business yet, tough week for the guys...

Thanks for all the comments and likes on my casually placed anniversary post guys very much appreciated :cheers:
I know I'm not the oldest racer in the mix but a 15 year GTP badge is something I had to mention as it's quite some time :D To all my OLR friends past and present... Cheers! :cheers:

and now onto the next 15 years which sounds feasible as long as the grim reaper aint sought me out before then... I'll be here for that one too :D 👍

Thanks again chaps and good luck racing :cool:
Regards Ron.

Great accomplishment @Mr P 👍 you might beat me to the line each week but I'll beat you to retirement age.:lol:

Like Ron said earlier,very addictive combo,the up hill climb will tell the tale this week..

BB 3/5 shifting at 6400rpm

@Dragonwhisky I submitted a lap this morning with no problems,our admin's must have fixed it.

I also got the long reply from fetchy last night and a nicer response today
Another fifteen minutes gave me

On the sexy smoking hill climb (final hill) on a few occasions revving to red line got me past the ghost.
But yeah, the car fits the track very nicely, much more fun than taking an Enzo around here.

I also got the long reply from fetchy last night
Yeah, that one was a doozy, eh? :lol:

Turns out the lap I uploaded was my Challenger submission. I think maybe if the car and track are wrong, he should just stop right there.

Great accomplishment @Mr P 👍 you might beat me to the line each week but I'll beat you to retirement age.:lol:

Like Ron said earlier,very addictive combo,the up hill climb will tell the tale this week..

BB 3/5 shifting at 6400rpm

@Dragonwhisky I submitted a lap this morning with no problems,our admin's must have fixed it.

I wasn't paying attention to my tach last night. Where's this thing redline? 1st gear is, for all intents and purposes, useless for anything more than peeling the rubber off the wheels but, with all the torques that inline 6 has mid range, you don't need first anyway.

I agree, sector 3 will be the make or break for a lot of laps. If you check your rear view and see smoke, you've lost time.

I wasn't paying attention to my tach last night. Where's this thing redline? 1st gear is, for all intents and purposes, useless for anything more than peeling the rubber off the wheels but, with all the torques that inline 6 has mid range, you don't need first anyway.

I agree, sector 3 will be the make or break for a lot of laps. If you check your rear view and see smoke, you've lost time.
I think it might be 6,600.

I tried winding to limiter for the 3rd to 4th shift last night and it seemed a bit slower than redline. 2nd to 3rd seems like redline or just before is prudent, depending on whether you are managing wheel spin in the uphill.

EDK
I think it might be 6,600.

I tried winding to limiter for the 3rd to 4th shift last night and it seemed a bit slower than redline. 2nd to 3rd seems like redline or just before is prudent, depending on whether you are managing wheel spin in the uphill.

Wheelspin might be an understatement Kevin, more like saturday night at the parking lot watching ricers :lol:

Two hundredths - haven't got the splits but I'm close to my goal.

Back