GTP_WRS Week 135 : Rotary FTW

• Thread starter EDK
  • 131 comments
What is your balast position?
I was running default when I set up the car. The car is 50/50 weight balance, and even perfectly centered.

I know some folks like the all the way to the back thing, but I did not balance my car for that when I set it up.

Yeah, its a glitch,same for me. Don't worry about it. It's up on the replay.
AND, it's a glitch that was there in GT5 as well. :ouch: It goes away following your first run, when you exit your run to save or view a replay. It will be there your entire first run, but will disappear by the time you come around for your first flyer on your second run.

Pretty annoying when that's the spot you need to brake. But also a lot like running in Chumpcar, guys are always running off track and knocking those things all over the place anyhow.

Still using EDKS tune. Changed rear DF to 450
Found 6 tenths at line on previous best.
More time to be gained with less mistakes

Oh and Kevin how the h*ll is it possible that my ballast was already at 52??? :)

If you improve your time after your splits have been posted to the board, it's OK to double post. Our Fetch Bot is not going to pick up on your edits.

Nice to see you back here to finish out your division placement. 👍

EDK
If you improve your time after your splits have been posted to the board, it's OK to double post. Our Fetch Bot is not going to pick up on your edits.

Nice to see you back here to finish out your division placement. 👍

Yeah since GT Sport is round the corner I thought I'd get back into it!

That'll save me the confusion :)

Room open in general lobby if anyone wants to join. I am hosting

Just look for pokey

First for me, set with my posted tune, with 3400 final drive for a 5 speed gearbox, and rear wing set to 470. I fiddled with a bunch of stuff, but keeping the car balanced seems to be a big key. I tried the ballast all the way to the back, but it upset my balance enough that I went back to what I had. More to come, for sure. I was mostly tuning on the test day, I improved by almost 1.0 with these.

Messed with @EDK 's setup some more, more spring rate, damper forces and moved the weight rearwards (49/51 split).
Hit a 57.5 at t3 and ended up here . . .
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

Today and tommorow to batter this combo or get battered by it, then back to work

Latest Posts

Back