GTP_WRS Week 135 : Rotary FTW

• Thread starter EDK
  • 131 comments
@StigsTC thanks for the advice. I switched some settings to @Mr P so cool to see the split leaders sharing like this. 👍

Didn't make me any faster, though. I could see the potential, definitely more turning. The front downforce gave tremendous mid-corner speed through the smooth section around the lake.

Was consistently ahead as I turned away from the lake, got caught by ghost up the hill and couldn't fluke a fast flick on my better laps. Eventually lucked out by having a good enough flick and an awesome entry into Corkscrew. Was 0.434 up on my ghost as I headed down the hill!

Kept about 0.3 ahead of my ghost to the line. Always having wobbly slides through the deep right-hand bowl before the last turn. But I got a good last turn, as good as my previous ghost lap.

Not exactly DS3 master race but at least I can see where I can improve now. :bowdown:

Last edited:
So before I pulled my PS3 apart to try and work out why it didn't work, I decided to try and remove my GT6 game. Pushed eject, same error, console off again. Tried again, figured it only needed to live for a few seconds to get the game out, on the 2nd attempt it stayed on long enough to eject the game.
But it didn't turn off. It stayed on.
Slammed my USB stick in and went about saving every save game I have.
And it still hadn't turned off.
"Well, if its going to work, may as well right?"
Put GT6 back in, and start running it. Opened GT6 in game, got to the main menu. Login bonus, everything is running fine! Click on the menu for single player.
PS3 shuts off, three beeps, flashing red light.

Now I have to go get GT6 out again. Try a normal boot and console loads up, and does the recovery check thing when you power off your PS3 incorrectly. After the recovery check which lasts 5 minutes as normal, console loads up again. I should just eject the game and cut my losses right? Already got my saves, can get my game back lose nothing?
But the TT is calling me. I need to have another go. I've been looking at @Mr P's setup as it was wildly different from my wheel tune. It hits me - I know where I can improve my tune.
Some tweaking, and about an hour of running later I'm circling around my best lap, I wasn't sure if it was clean as I took a weird line so i save the backup time with the intent of asking if the faster lap was legal.
And then it happened.

The entire event I'd not put together 4 sectors together that were competitive, particularly on controller, always somewhere there were 1-2 tenths missing with a poor split followed by a PB to take a best lap.
Finally I had a lap within 2 tenths of a PB split lap, which is under the 0.05 per sector threshold I have for an 'achievable' lap based on best splits.
I have been James Brown-ed by my PS3.
For those unaware of James Brown's cape routine, please google it. After being unable to go on, my PS3 has for absolutely no reason burst back into life and allowed me to see the encore for the TT.

Last edited:
No threat to the leaders.. submitted with splits on the board and not looking forward to being half a sec off at the line :nervous:

Was a great combo! Good luck to all in the results 👍

edit: great lap stig.. I couldn't beat that if I had a month extra 👍 Congrats to the other podiums :cheers:

Last edited:

That explains that, when I saw the total laptime without the splits I wondered how you'd driven through walls. :lol: Awesome lap. :bowdown:

I couldn't beat that if I had a month extra

Same here. I was targeting .5 (I always aim for more than I can achieve, for better or for worse), but could only see .7, and was expecting .8 to win it. Never thought anybody would actually get a lap that good. :eek:

Same here. I was targeting .5 (I always aim for more than I can achieve, for better or for worse), but could only see .7, and was expecting .8 to win it. Never thought anybody would actually get a lap that good. :eek:
Me either. Was in the .9s, had PB splits at a .5 and never expected I'd get there. Moved to a high .7 but I didn't think it was enough to win, but with a couple of incorrect settings seeing some majorly good times be deleted I think it skewed the top end a bit. Fairly sure if Cats and Mr P had run the full week they'd have been all over the .7s/.8s.
Then magic lap happened, I'd thrown away a couple of 56.7s including a 56.700 so nailing the 56.650 with a PB in S4 for DS3 landed a lap WAY better than I'd hoped.

I couldn't beat that if I had a month extra
Me either. Knew I was done when I saw the lap, 0.183 off perfect splits is within what I define as an "achievable" best lap and there was no way I was going to beat it again.
My WRS TT excel spreadsheet log with all the splits (since I started WRS) had that lap in column "FD", which I found very fitting for this car.

EDIT - appears Fetchy wasn't as impressed as we were lol.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back