GTP_WRS Week 14 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 143 comments
Hmm. I did use the Data Transfer, but the game saves apparently were stripped of the replays.

When I deleted my GTP game save a few weeks ago all the replays stayed there. So your probably out of luck, but I don't know.

Small_Fryz
Anybody able to give me a pretty little green flag?

I only ask cause I have the Replay Required next to my name.
Cheers,

I'm just about to load yours and a few others. I should be able to wave the flag for you soon

EDIT:

Here we go...

6'55.568---GTP_DHolland
gflagjn4.gif

6'58.804---GTP_Small_Fryz
gflagjn4.gif

7'06.387---GTP_NIZZY
gflagjn4.gif

7'02.290---GTP_oldnail1
rflagnv1.gif

Didn't miss by as much as you led us to believe... These are from 28.0xx into the lap

Last edited:
I want to take the opportunity to mention that yes, this was a difficult combo. But the rash of DQ's we have stresses the importance of -

• Saving several replays. When you have one that you know is reasonably quick and 100% clean, SAVE IT. It's nice to have a "clean banker" that you can fall back on, if you're getting close to the deadline and only have a close call lap.
  • THOROUGHLY checking your own replay. When you post a replay in this thread, it's so your fellow participants can verify that it's CLEAN.
To see someone post a replay to have someone check to make sure it's dirty is something I can honestly say I don't believe I've ever seen in almost 4 years of WRS. I've seen people post that they have a close call in turn X, and then someone provide evidence that it's dirty. But not, "By the way, here's my replay. It's dirty".

DQ's are not something we accept lightly here. Make a habit of them, and you are going to find yourself in this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176490

6'55.... yikes.
You guys are crazy; I was just hunting for 6'*... 5 seconds under is bonkers quick. Well done; and a big 👍 to anyone that did get under that big fat 6 min limbo bar.

5---7'12.659---GTP_ARP93
gflagjn4.gif

I went through the thread and of the people that have submitted a time folkboy is the only one that hasn't been reviewed (PAL else I would have done it).

Everyone else above this line doesn't need verification.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

My replay is attached.

Attachments

• week14_gtp_Dr_Watson.zip
    1 MB · Views: 9
EDK
I want to take the opportunity to mention that yes, this was a difficult combo. But the rash of DQ's we have stresses the importance of -

• Saving several replays. When you have one that you know is reasonably quick and 100% clean, SAVE IT. It's nice to have a "clean banker" that you can fall back on, if you're getting close to the deadline and only have a close call lap.
  • THOROUGHLY checking your own replay. When you post a replay in this thread, it's so your fellow participants can verify that it's CLEAN.
To see someone post a replay to have someone check to make sure it's dirty is something I can honestly say I don't believe I've ever seen in almost 4 years of WRS. I've seen people post that they have a close call in turn X, and then someone provide evidence that it's dirty. But not, "By the way, here's my replay. It's dirty".

DQ's are not something we accept lightly here. Make a habit of them, and you are going to find yourself in this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176490

I apologise for submitting a dirty lap, when I submitted my time as I mentioned in a previous post I honestly thought it was a clean run because I mistakenly thought at the time that only one wheel had to be in contact with the kerb, when I realised my mistake it was too late. It won't happen again.

I apologise for submitting a dirty lap, when I submitted my time as I mentioned in a previous post I honestly thought it was a clean run because I mistakenly thought at the time that only one wheel had to be in contact with the kerb, when I realised my mistake it was too late. It won't happen again.

Thanks for your reply.

Notice I did not quote you directly, as you were not the only DQ this week.

I'm always disappointed when we see several DQ's in the same week, and I just want to set the tone and make sure everyone understands how we view them.

Looking forward to seeing clean runs from you in the future. 👍

Visual inspection correct and the good Doctor is clean!!

drwatson.jpg

GTP_DrWatson -
picture.php

Nice run, Doc!

-

Congratulations to all the divisional winners and podiums :cheers:

Some truly amazing times this week.

My replay

Attachments

• WRS Week 14.zip
Here's my WRS14 replay (EU PAL). It's a bit boring I guess, since I managed to finish last :guilty:

Attachments

• GTP_zambuca_WRS14.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
Here is my week 14 NTSC USA replay

Attachments

• GTP_LeftyWright_WRS-WK14.zip
Last edited:
Don't worry, we've all been there (Well, maybe excepting DHolland and the likes) it's just a matter of practicing and above all enjoying it! :sly:

Thanks :) Well I'm a bit embarrased I didn't make a better effort, so I'm gonna try to proove that I belong in Div 3 with the WRS 15!

Here's my WRS14 replay (EU PAL). It's a bit boring I guess, since I managed to finish last :guilty:

Don't worry, we've all been there (Well, maybe excepting DHolland and the likes) it's just a matter of practicing and above all enjoying it! :sly:

Exactly CarBastard :)

If I could offer one bit of friendly advice from watching your replay, try to straight line the corners a bit more. I noticed sometimes aproaching a left hand bend for example that you were on the left side of the track. This creates more of an angle for you to turn and will always slow you down.

Try approaching from the right hand side of the track (on a left hander) and look for the straightest possible line through the corner ( hitting the apex then powering out to the right hand side again).

You probably know all this anyway and might just be unfamiliar with the ring, in which case just tell me to do one :dopey:

Last edited:
Thanks :) Well I'm a bit embarrased I didn't make a better effort, so I'm gonna try to proove that I belong in Div 3 with the WRS 15!
I qualified Division 1 silver, and promptly finished 56th in my first week. :lol: So don't worry about it.

PAL Replay attached below.
Congrats to all the other competitors!

Attachments

• GTP_WRS Week 14 Replay lownsey29.zip
Some unchecked replays a few pages back.

GTP_Sureshot
gflagjn4.gif

Poor tyres :lol:, I checked it but just saw on the first page it wasn't needed, it was nice to watch anyway.

GTP_folkboy
gflagjn4.gif

GTP_Enigma
gflagjn4.gif

Did you realize how close you were to the wall in the last corner? :scared:
The mirror clipped the wall in photomode but there was no sound and no speed drop so it's good.

GTP_Enigma
gflagjn4.gif

The mirror clipped the wall in photomode but there was no sound and no speed drop so it's good.

I'm going to ask for a second opinion on this one. Will have one of the PAL region admins check it.

Contact is contact. There have been DQ's for a mirror scraping a wall in WRS before.

EDK
I'm going to ask for a second opinion on this one. Will have one of the PAL region admins check it.

Contact is contact. There have been DQ's for a mirror scraping a wall in WRS before.
OK, didn't know what to do really, checked it 3 times which is very annoying when you can't rewind.

GTP_Enigma
gflagjn4.gif

Thanks for checking my replay poolhaas 👍

I'm going to check the last corner you mentioned.

EDIT: Had a look, It does look close but the car does not react as if it made contact with anything, as poolhaas said it is pretty difficult to check without being able to rewind etc. and having to wait 7 mins to have another look. It's up to admin now, fingers crossed :scared:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back