GTP_WRS Week 14 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 143 comments
Damn!!

I struggled to get my time to under 7'20.xxx, but under 7mins, THATS INSANE!!!!

Congrats to all divisional winners! Hope to give D3 a better challenge this week!! :)

Great job to all who submitted, a daunting task, indeed!
D1 and Overall winner, Dan, and podiums Zoky and Fryz, true aliens!!!; and CSL and Sureshot for those sub-7s, as well!

Congrats to Div winners, Dr.Watson[D2] and Nizzy[D3], and in my division 4 a win for Bojangles, and podiums to Gravitron and Tim. I knew you guys would leave me in the "green" dust this week, but you only get experience if you try! :)

And a big thanks to Kevin, Dan and the OLR team for "hell" week!!! :crazy:

I'll try and do a couple of NTSC replays before work.

Last edited:
I just use a spreadsheet and record each split so I know what I should be capable of if I pull it all together. I only record the clean laps but it helps me focus on where to improve.

I do that as well!

Neat idea...I might start doing that.

Replay attached!

Template that I use:

weeklytemplate1.jpg

Then, with cut and paste, I just adapt it for the next weekly:

weeklytemplate2.jpg

Don't know if this helps, but..............

Darren - great first event mate 👍

QUOTE]

Thanks, but having watched my replay this morning I have a horrible feeling that it is illegal, for some reason when I watched it late last night I thought that at as long as one wheel was on the kerb all was ok (must have been delirious). I now think that although my rear wheel is well on the kerb the front right may have just missed it, I didn't notice because the car was sliding a lot! Absolutely gutted, as my next fastest time would still have placed me second in D2.

I assume I am not allowed to re-submit my next best lap.

I will still submit the replay for review but don't hold out much hope!

I have only got myself to blame and am extermely disappointed with myself!

Well done to everyone else!

Darren

Last edited:
Kocked out the only NTSC on page 1....................

Visual Specs correct and clean run!

GTP_Tadlock -
picture.php

GTP_Gravitron -
picture.php

Nice runs! Great to see where I made all my mistakes! :lol:

Last edited:
Congrats to all who made to the end this week, and to all the division winners:cheers:

A word to the aliens Dan and Zoky - already watched the video from Dan and to drive to the limit for so long is fxxxx.... incredible :crazy:

Without a doubt the most difficult of WRS since i joined and the only one that made me want to bang the whell so bad till it broke :ouch:

I do that as well!

Nice Dan - I don't have so much event detail on the sheet, but I run the sectors along the rows, one run under the next. Top row then has a simple formula =min(A2:A30) that looks for the lowest number i.e. the quickest split. Do that for each sector and sum at the end to provide the theoretical best lap I can run. Above that, I'll manually enter some targets based on what the guys above me are running - these will get iterated down through the week as I get near or exceed them.

Oh, and a purple box means that sector was dirty :sly:

Just add and delete sectors as necessary for each week. Oh, and I'll also total the splits to match the leaderboard - in the case of week 14 it was T9 (see attached). Shorter events normally have a lot more rows!

EDIT: Darren, is there cobbles beyond the curb? If so you should be OK as "all hard surfaces are track" for this event.

Attachments

• WRS_wk014.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 11
Nice Dan - I don't have so much event detail on the sheet, but I run the sectors along the rows, one run under the next. Top row then has a simple formula =min(A2:A30) that looks for the lowest number i.e. the quickest split. Do that for each sector and sum at the end to provide the theoretical best lap I can run. Above that, I'll manually enter some targets based on what the guys above me are running - these will get iterated down through the week as I get near or exceed them.

Oh, and a purple box means that sector was dirty :sly:

Just add and delete sectors as necessary for each week. Oh, and I'll also total the splits to match the leaderboard - in the case of week 14 it was T9 (see attached). Shorter events normally have a lot more rows!

EDIT: Darren, is there cobbles beyond the curb? If so you should be OK as "all hard surfaces are track" for this event.

Ummmmmmm, I may try and work with some formulas to do some of that.

Thanks!!

EDIT: Didn't notice the attached file....downloaded. Thanks, Jon!!

Last edited:
🤬 I feel your pain and am very sorry for that. If it's any consolation, I still recognise that you opened a whole can of whupass on me :lol:

Well done to all, tough week this one, Dan and Zoky up the top with two incredible times. 👍

Nice work CSL on being first outside D1G. I knew I'd lost some in the last three corners as I hadn't quite got the car under balance under braking. That was about .5 quicker than any other lap I completed. Tough work, but good fun.

I enjoyed this week a lot and even though I only got round to running yesterday, I am happy with my effort.:)

Well done to all the winners.:cheers: Division 1 sure showed their class this week.👍

Damn, I hate this. Sorry, man....but I looked at this every way possible and could not see at least two wheels on a hard surface.

I'm new at this, so if someone sees this different, please post.

nrburgringnordschleifeur.jpg

3'43.567

GTP_t13R -
rflagnv1.gif

Again, sorry T13R.
-

Last edited:
Sweet, a rewarding victory given the demanding nature of Nurburgring, congrats to all the podium steppers for each division, and here is a video replay that I uploaded a few days ago, proper replay in a few hours:tup:

Just had a chance to watch this, not many ways to describe laps as fantastic as this, but to sum it up in one word, IMMENSE!! The best lap I have ever seen around the ring 👍

I think they need to open up a whole new division for the likes of you Zoky and Eclipsee, you three are incredible drivers and a credit to the WRS 👍

D1 Platinum for you guys :sly:

Sweet, a rewarding victory given the demanding nature of Nurburgring, congrats to all the podium steppers for each division, and here is a video replay that I uploaded a few days ago, proper replay in a few hours:tup:

World class lap indeed. There were a few things that I didn't even consider. Taking grass before Galgenkopf was one. It also didn't occur to me that you could go into the first right hander at Wippermann without even lifting off.

One thing strikes me as odd though. Was this uploaded before the deadline?

A wild ride, Tim! Your knuckles must have been white as snow after Adenauer Forst! :crazy:

Visual specs correct and run is clean!

GTP_Pyxen -
picture.php

-

World class lap indeed. There were a few things that I didn't even consider. Taking grass before Galgenkopf was one. It also didn't occur to me that you could go into the first right hander at Wippermann without even lifting off.

One thing strikes me as odd though. Was this uploaded before the deadline?

Even if this video was uploaded before the deadline doesn't it still class as discussing or showing lap time privately. I would think it would be very harsh to penalize him for this. By my understanding of the rules you are allowed to discuss privately, which to me means as long as he hasn't discussed times on this forum it's fine, would be harsh to penalize brilliance

Ouch :boggled: Seeing the results make me wish that I had spend a little more time instead of being satisfied with 2 clean laps...

My lap time is not present in the results...does that mean my lap is not registered? I got a message from the bot saying the lap was accepted...

Controlling the Green Hell! Well done, CSL!!!

GTP_CSL -
picture.php

Nice run, Nuc!

GTP_Nuclearfire -
picture.php

Okay, off to my real job!

-

Last edited:
Even if this video was uploaded before the deadline doesn't it still class as discussing or showing lap time privately. I would think it would be very harsh to penalize him for this. By my understanding of the rules you are allowed to discuss privately, which to me means as long as he hasn't discussed times on this forum it's fine, would be harsh to penalize brilliance

That depends on whether he kept the upload private on his YouTube channel until the deadline, and there's no way to prove it now.

With a link to the channel in his signature, making it publicly available on his channel before the deadline is borderline, and something that's been discussed with him before.

EDK
That depends on whether he kept the upload private on his YouTube channel until the deadline, and there's no way to prove it now.

With a link to the channel in his signature, making it publicly available on his channel before the deadline is borderline, and something that's been discussed with him before.

Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize that 👍

EDK

I can confirm the video was private until the deadline.

Anyway, I will go about finding my replay for all to check!
Congrats Nigel and CSL 👍 Great laps from you both as well :cheers:. Sub 7 was my goal but once I got into my stride I could see a little more. Really really love this track :D

GTP_Carlos
picture.php

Nice smooth and clean lap really easy to check.

GTP_Zoky_CRO
picture.php

Amazing time. Could see where I was loosing some time but will need to go have a look at the datalogger to find the rest.

Attachments

• BCES00569-RPL005.zip
    1,022.8 KB · Views: 10
I can confirm the video was private until the deadline.

I can confirm this as well. Brilliant lap Dan.

Congrats to everybody competing this week, and special congratulations to those who reached their goal.

A very demanding week, unfortunately I didn't have the time to put in some proper time.

Good laps all! Sorry Gravitron, I didn't think my lap was fast enough to pass you.
Anyways, here's my replay.

Attachments

• WRS14-bojangles-pal.zip
    1 MB · Views: 10
Damn, I hate this. Sorry, man....but I looked at this every way possible and could not see at least two wheels on a hard surface.

I'm new at this, so if someone sees this different, please post.

nrburgringnordschleifeur.jpg

3'43.567]Again, sorry T13R.
-
That looks like 3 wheels off. No need to be sorry, I'm mad at myself for not having caught it. There was one close call that I had triple and quadruple checked, and it always looked like my rear tire stayed on the cobble at the exit of the corner. If that's a little before the section with the Karussel, then I did a bad job looking at the replay.

Back