GTP_WRS Week 14 : Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 143 comments
As I haven't uploaded a replay in a while.

Attachments

• GTP_SureshotRingHell.zip
    1,021.5 KB · Views: 10
That looks like 3 wheels off. No need to be sorry, I'm mad at myself for not having caught it. There was one close call that I had triple and quadruple checked, and it always looked like my rear tire stayed on the cobble at the exit of the corner. If that's a little before the section with the Karussel, then I did a bad job looking at the replay.

You are right about it staying on the cobble, but the cobble ended and that's when the left rear continued onto the grass...at Klostertal, approaching the Karussel. I can see how you might have missed it.

{see map notation}
nurburgringnordschleife.jpg

I know you worked hard and had an excellent run going. Better luck this week! 👍

-

Thanks for all the checking, Dan! 👍
Sometimes hard to be disciplined and go do replay verifies when the new challenge has just been put forth, for the next week!

@bojangles: We both know you don't need to apologize, you caught me fair-n-square. :cheers: Nice work!

Well done to all, tough week this one, Dan and Zoky up the top with two incredible times. 👍

Nice work CSL on being first outside D1G. I knew I'd lost some in the last three corners as I hadn't quite got the car under balance under braking. That was about .5 quicker than any other lap I completed. Tough work, but good fun.
I had (at least what I thought was) a solid T11 & 12, but lost about .4 in T10.

I can confirm the video was private until the deadline.

Anyway, I will go about finding my replay for all to check!
Congrats Nigel and CSL 👍 Great laps from you both as well :cheers:. Sub 7 was my goal but once I got into my stride I could see a little more. Really really love this track :D
I saw it, didn't have the time or skill to get more. Still very happy with my lap.

Tried hard to do a sub 7 minute lap, but came .6 short. Still quite happy with my result, 7th out of 56 has to be my best result in the GT5 WRS so far :)

Seems like not everyone enjoyed this weeks combo as much as I did :lol:

My (unnecessary) replay attached:
I LOVED it. 👍

GTP_Zoky_Cro
gflagjn4.gif

I know it's been checked already but I had to see that T1. :)

GTP_bojangles4
gflagjn4.gif

Nothing even close that I could see. You're much braver than me at that final corner before the finish, I always kept at least a meter between me and the wall! If it's ok to give advice, you could enter most corners a bit more wide like you did at the first left after T4 (about 2'45) and the left-right-right after carousel (~4'30). I watched your replay right after Zokys and you're right on his bumper through those. 👍

GTP_Barbol
gflagjn4.gif

Nice and clean, you drive a lot of good lines. Even though I knew it's a replay you really gave me a scare braking from the main straight - I've dipped into that left-side grass and crashed so many times. :nervous:

Correct tyres and times. It's my first time checking others' replays so I'd feel better if someone would confirm my "cleans". :)

Last edited:
GTP_Yanaran is
picture.php

Tidy lap for the most parts. Bet you sweated a bit when you nearly lost it at Pflanzgarten though.

Is there anyone who does not want me on this.
Finally I succeeded with my submit, but can not see that I am with.
Hope I can join next :(

Ouch! Slipped off the podium.
Congrats to all division podiums, nice work guess I'll have to try harder next week.

Is there anyone who does not want me on this.
Finally I succeeded with my submit, but can not see that I am with.
Hope I can join next :(

So sorry that you continue to have problems.

I show you having sent a PM, on time with a lap time of 7'12.492.

I will add you to the results. 👍

And I will ask Vaxen and JoostBaksteen to look into why this problem is happening.

GTP_Yanaran is
picture.php

Tidy lap for the most parts. Bet you sweated a bit when you nearly lost it at Pflanzgarten though.
Thanks for checking. :)

I actually think it helped. I was losing ground to my ghost due to slowing down too much the last few turns and almost going off was like a slap to wake me up. Totally on purpose, obviously! :sly:

Thanks Yanaran for checking and the advice. Had to play it safe on some of those corners. I lost count of how many laps I ran trying to get a clean fast lap.

DDiamond
Visual Specs correct and clean run!

GTP_Tadlock -

Nice runs!

Thanks for checking my replay. 👍
You are a replay checking machine!

I'm well aware that after at least a few weeks away, you stormed in and stole my first podium I would have had! :grumpy:
But I hope you continue as you seem to be a semi-alien and hopefully as I (hopefully) improve we can have some good battles.

:lol:

Couldnt resist this track!

If it makes you feel any better I've done a zillion laps in GT4 + its multiple PC sim layout in GTL / Rfactor as well.

Look forward to racing with you in the future too :cheers: (adds you next to Nigel on my list of "must beat" :P )

Anyway my replay below! (PAL)

Attachments

• GTP_Small_Fryz WRS 14.zip
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 9
A wild ride, Tim! Your knuckles must have been white as snow after Adenauer Forst! :crazy:

Visual specs correct and run is clean!

GTP_Pyxen -
picture.php

-

Thanks DD! Yeah - that was quite the turn :)

I can't believe I held the slide @ Schwalbenschwanz (second 'karousel').. I think that's where I made up the second from T9 to the line.

Apologies if it's off topic but I'm just going to throw this out there... I was wondering if anyone who has the capability to capture replays to video could do me a huge favour and put my replay on youtube. It's not for me obviously, but for my little brother. He bought me the game for christmas, but he doesn't have a PS3 so I can't send him replays. Considering he loves the nurburgring, and that this is probably the best lap I've ever done in the game, it would be awesome to show it to him. :)

The following racers were added to the results:
23--7'12.492---GTP_grevling9294 (Replay Needed)
8---7'18.704---GTP_WifeBeeter
12--7'27.477---GTP_zambuca (Replay Needed)

Sorry for any confusion.

Congratulations to everyone, specially to the Div 1 aliens who blasted trough my thoughts when I thought sub 7 Minutes was impossible. It was only impossible to me! :lol:.

Also, great results from my fellow divisionmen, Nizzy at 7'06 was waaay faster 👍. I'm also very pleased with my work, a fifth spot while being on Bronze rank is amazing to me, this is my best WRS finish ever :D.

NTSC replay here (Don't know if uploaded correctly (:dunce:)).

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

Attachments

• BCUS98114-RPL002.zip
    1 MB · Views: 8
And here's the replay, close call at the flat left kink during sector 1.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
You are right about it staying on the cobble, but the cobble ended and that's when the left rear continued onto the grass...at Klostertal, approaching the Karussel. I can see how you might have missed it.

I know you worked hard and had an excellent run going. Better luck this week! 👍-
Ok that makes sense, I thought I was back on track before the cobble area ended. We really need some reverse/fast forward/slow motion buttons during replays!

Thanks for taking the time to look at the replay. :)

Ok that makes sense, I thought I was back on track before the cobble area ended. We really need some reverse/fast forward/slow motion buttons during replays!

Thanks for taking the time to look at the replay. :)

:cheers: to that!!!!

EDK

And I will ask Vaxen and JoostBaksteen to look into why this problem is happening.

Problem should be fixed 👍

The board was still linked to the old 'GTP_grevling' psn instead of 'GTP_grevling9294'.

Here is my replay, waiting for confirmation of the red flags now.:guilty: Would appreciate it if you could let me know if the rest of the lap is ok though!

Attachments

• WRS 14 GTP_oldnail1.zip
    1 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
EDK

Thanks to help me:)

Hi guys. Maybe you can help me with this. My old PS3's optical drive crashed on Monday and I have since moved all of my data to a new slim PS3.

Now, everything is working fine, I can use my game saves, but, since I have to submit a replay file this week, I was looking at the replays and ... THEY WERE GONE! I mean ... all of them. Everything else from the game save was carried over though.

Does anyone know of a way to retrieve saved replays after moving to a new PS3?

I would hate to lose my result from this week just because I can't prove my time was clean, especially because it was my best so far.

Replays are saved as part of your game data and not your save data until you export them. If you haven't exported them then you are stuck unless you can use the "Data Transfer Utility" to transfer your game data over to your new PS3.

Replays are saved as part of your game data and not your save data until you export them. If you haven't exported them then you are stuck unless you can use the "Data Transfer Utility" to transfer your game data over to your new PS3.

Hmm. I did use the Data Transfer, but the game saves apparently were stripped of the replays.

Back