GTP_WRS Week 144 : Max Headroom

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 98 comments
👍 Your T2 and T3 are both better than mine, so I'd say you're doing alright. 👍

Yeah, well, thanks, but let's see how long that lasts :P (you probably haven't spent much time on it yet, I'll bet...)

I'm not sure if you use the driving line, but I'm not. For a turn 1 brakepoint, I look at the cameras on the wall to the left.
One goes by, and then when the 2nd one gets close enough to actually tell it's a camera (about 3-4 car-lengths), brake
hard, but not a floored-brake (which I learned last week...95% maybe).

No haven't used the driving line for ages now. Actually, turn 1 I've been improving on (I'm using marks on the right wall for it, though), it's the end of T1 and T2 (especially the last turn before the back straight) I'm struggling with the most, I think.

No haven't used the driving line for ages now. Actually, turn 1 I've been improving on (I'm using marks on the right wall for it, though), it's the end of T1 and T2 (especially the last turn before the back straight) I'm struggling with the most, I think.
Sorry...that whole section I do by feel alone, with no set brake markers, as every trip through there is different. :dunce:

But earlier braking seems to be better, for both of the sharp rights you're talking about.

Another 30 minutes yielded this lap which felt slow but was nice and tidy...
Maybe another 0.2 to find? Hope to get another run tonight :cheers:

Feeling rusty. Tough one to come back to after a break.

Last edited:

Good T4 this time, around 0.45s at the line.

Surprisingly low turnout for this event?! I would have thought this car would have brought a whole host of people out of the darkness...:confused:

Felt like driving instead of racing for a change.
Amazing car :D

Splits up shortly.

EDIT:
Road Course - Indy.jpg
Road Course - Indy_1.jpg

Last edited:
While we wait for Jon's splits...here's what we did last night after the Nurb race. :D

(he was orange last night...must have painted it since then)

road-course-indy_12-jpg.83690

Last edited:
Surprisingly low turnout for this event?! I would have thought this car would have brought a whole host of people out of the darkness...:confused:
I think a lot of it has to do with it being near the end of a game that's been out for 3 years, with GT6 just around the corner.

I'm gonna have to get more laps done. I'm a bit low on the board. :ouch:

Where is the board exactly?

Maybe the setup has changed since I was last here but I can't find it.

I'm getting distracted with trying to acquire a Miura for next week's event and it's taking away from my time in this event. Fortunately, even though I'm yet to do it, I can finally see how people are getting such low first sectors.

Having not played the game for well over a year I don't think I'm doing too badly time-wise. My precision is finally improving and I'm able to lap more consistently now meaning that a greater percentage of laps are "in play".

Last edited:
Still scared of this thing.:lol:

But took a bit more off my splits today.

Had another 30 minutes last night but struggled to get close. Did manage one lap that was within 0.25 of my best but otherwise I was nowhere. I know my best lap has some room for improvement - I've seen a 23.33x in T1 so there's maybe a tenth there over my splits (although I don't see being able to get anywhere near Jon's stellar T1) and I've run several 18.3's in T3. My T2, 4 and 5 are pretty good though and any gains I'm finding in T1 and 3 I'm losing elsewhere.

Net result is that I'm submitting this lap - I'll try and beat it if I get the chance, but it's a decent banker for me. I'm sure Lucas will overtake me at some point over the weekend...maybe :mischievous:

Had another 30 minutes last night but struggled to get close. Did manage one lap that was within 0.25 of my best but otherwise I was nowhere. I know my best lap has some room for improvement - I've seen a 23.33x in T1 so there's maybe a tenth there over my splits (although I don't see being able to get anywhere near Jon's stellar T1) and I've run several 18.3's in T3. My T2, 4 and 5 are pretty good though and any gains I'm finding in T1 and 3 I'm losing elsewhere.
Similar boat here, couldn't beat my ghost last night.

Net result is that I'm submitting this lap - I'll try and beat it if I get the chance, but it's a decent banker for me. I'm sure Lucas will overtake me at some point over the weekend...maybe :mischievous:

Not if I keep doing this! :dunce:

Road Course - Indy_19.jpg

Road Course - Indy_20.jpg

Good style Lucas. 👍 Reminds me of week 2.... Good times. :D Not sure if I'll get a chance to run this again; been lost in Los Santos all week and its a busy weekend of racing. I'll try and put an hour in later... 15 laps is not enough. :P

I expected a longer list of divers as well. But i can understand why people stopped after after a few laps, although it's a nice car, it's very hard to tame. When the rear steps out it's gone for good, no what you catch this mean machine. Even on R1's it's hard although i might have prefer S3's. Braking for turn 1 at the S/F would be awesome :lol:

Just gave it a few laps after 4 days out of town and usually i have to start all over. But i surprised myself and was within .2xx of my best but the following laps where worse. I though ok i gonna improve on my lap time but once you start pushing the car i will be way slower. It's so hard to stay cool and not over the drive it. But it's hard to take it easy in such a fast car. I notice i didn't post my splits from last sunday. Hopefully i can improve a little, i have a feeling this is already close to my limit

Similar boat here, couldn't beat my ghost last night.

Not if I keep doing this! :dunce:

View attachment 83897

View attachment 83898

How on earth did you manage to do this :crazy:

Great pics Lucas, and a humbling time from Dennis 👍

Edit: forgot you were D1 now Dennis, I'm happy again and only 0.2 off the D2 pace :)

Got a little bit of time so ran and am happy with my final time, might be done.

Back