GTP_WRS Week 146: Made in England

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 66 comments
Guys please let me know if anyone wants to have a race for this combo tomorrow in the usual schedule, because @EDK will not be there and I'll need to host.

Guys please let me know if anyone wants to have a race for this combo tomorrow in the usual schedule, because @EDK will not be there and I'll need to host.

I would be down for a race but I won't be able to confirm until I see how I am tomorrow, so thats not much good I guess - sorry @roamer2629

Basically I have sprained my ankle/injured my achilles pretty decently today, so I'm not sure how quickly I will be able to use the pedals again properly. I'm stuck doing GT league/circuit experience on the pad for now.

That also pretty much finishes this combo early for me I guess, I have updated splits to give but I was holding off submitting because there was another 0.050/0.1 I wanted to chase but it seems I will have to settle with these. ( well technically I have a lap slightly faster but its really scruffy looking and I don't want to submit that and be ashamed of the replay :lol::lol: )

Similar splits but about 0.1 faster in the final sector, PB i think.

Last edited:

A dozen laps with DRS and pretty much instant improvements on the long straights etc 👍

Here's a little tip for G29 users that I used before in a seasonal using this car for easier DRS activation and decided to try it again.. and it works flawlessly without ever hitting a button mid lap, It's a pretty good fix if I don't say so myself
hehe.gif
👍

Don't do this on the main menu or it messes with the wheel... Go to the track and then map the DRS to the little R3 button now press the R3 button in and hold it there and look to the back and see a little ridge appears at the back of the R3 button.. I then used a tiny plastic curtain hook and slid it in the gap and it holds fast whilst racing..you could basically put anything small in that gap and it keeps R3 pressed in from the back and it always activates when it's ready and no sore thumbs or bad timing whilst gearing ;)

Have fun guys!
driving.gif

Strong splits Ron! :cheers: Are you short shifting down the main straight or revving it out? I've been short shifting on my laps but while I reckon you have a much better exit on T4 than me I lose 3 tenths there to you :crazy: Best I've seen is a .250ish but even for that I had to compromise my entry speed, you've got me beaten hands down there mate.

Wish I'd back to backed the shift point now - I just checked the power curve and short shifted every lap :lol:

Cheers Phil 👍 I'm shifting at about 75% of the gear display before it goes purple or lilac or whatever colour it is at full rev :D:tup:

There's no way in hell I can beat you here mate but I can maybe close the gap a wee bit with some luck :cheers:

Oh so your actually shifting earlier than I am! Nice, you have blitzed that sector then dude 👍

IDK, I think the lap is definitely beatable, especially with that tenth left on the table from the realistic optimum. Plus if you do beat the splits I may not be able to reply depending on how fast my ankle gets better :lol:

On some really strong tablets for toothache tonight and they made me high so can't sleep.. anyway had another session and some driving under the influence :lol: Shifting at redline now ...

Been a couple of cars lengths ahead of this save many times but always hit a rumble somewhere near the end of the lap and it's bye bye lap 👎:irked:
I still have a few tenths to scrape with all my best splits together... I'll be back before the deadline!

Good luck to all taking part on this one :cheers:

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. So, I went back and checked my settings and sure enough. At some point I had altered my downforce. An entire weeks worth of grinding thrown out the window because I didn’t confirm my settings. I’ll be submitting these splits. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. So, I went back and checked my settings and sure enough. At some point I had altered my downforce. An entire weeks worth of grinding thrown out the window because I didn’t confirm my settings. I’ll be submitting these splits. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That sucks @Pigpin13 :nervous: gutted for you.

Fair play for going back and checking though, complete sportsmanship.

Back