GTP_WRS Week 146: Made in England

Discussion in 'WRS Archive' started by roamer2629, Sep 6, 2020.

1. oldguy58

oldguy58 Premium

Can't decide if I'm gaining time with the DRS or just getting a thumb cramp :crazy:
    Still time to be had as this lap only had one green sector.

2. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Are we allowed to assign the DRS to the same button as the throttle? Don't know if it'll be quicker but just curious if it's been considered?

3. Pigpin13

Pigpin13

I’ve contemplated taping down my DRS. I’ve had a few sketchy sections because I have to reposition my hands.

4. suprajef

suprajef Premium

They had this same combo before, but with tuning, can't remember where I finished though

roamer2629 and Philtaylor17 like this.
  5. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

Nvm game doesn't allow it

Mr P, roamer2629 and Philtaylor17 like this.
  6. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

Shame, that would have been genius :lol:

Mr P, Pigpin13 and roamer2629 like this.
  7. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

Philtaylor17 likes this.
  8. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

Guys please let me know if anyone wants to have a race for this combo tomorrow in the usual schedule, because @EDK will not be there and I'll need to host.

Philtaylor17 likes this.
  9. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

I would be down for a race but I won't be able to confirm until I see how I am tomorrow, so thats not much good I guess - sorry @roamer2629

Basically I have sprained my ankle/injured my achilles pretty decently today, so I'm not sure how quickly I will be able to use the pedals again properly. I'm stuck doing GT league/circuit experience on the pad for now.

That also pretty much finishes this combo early for me I guess, I have updated splits to give but I was holding off submitting because there was another 0.050/0.1 I wanted to chase but it seems I will have to settle with these. ( well technically I have a lap slightly faster but its really scruffy looking and I don't want to submit that and be ashamed of the replay :lol::lol: )

Similar splits but about 0.1 faster in the final sector, PB i think.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
    StanNz, roamer2629 and Mr P like this.
  10. Tyre King

Tyre King Premium

Are you kidding??????
    The pace you race at, scruffy just looks like motion blur!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

oldguy58, StanNz, roamer2629 and 2 others like this.
  11. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

:lol::lol: I just mean like an exit slide at T2 and a few 2 wheels on the dirt moments in the last sector :lol:

Tyre King, roamer2629 and Mr P like this.
  12. Mr P

Mr P

A dozen laps with DRS and pretty much instant improvements on the long straights etc :tup:

Here's a little tip for G29 users that I used before in a seasonal using this car for easier DRS activation and decided to try it again.. and it works flawlessly without ever hitting a button mid lap, It's a pretty good fix if I don't say so myself [​IMG] :tup:

Don't do this on the main menu or it messes with the wheel... Go to the track and then map the DRS to the little R3 button now press the R3 button in and hold it there and look to the back and see a little ridge appears at the back of the R3 button.. I then used a tiny plastic curtain hook and slid it in the gap and it holds fast whilst racing..you could basically put anything small in that gap and it keeps R3 pressed in from the back and it always activates when it's ready and no sore thumbs or bad timing whilst gearing ;)

Have fun guys! [​IMG]

13. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

Strong splits Ron! :cheers: Are you short shifting down the main straight or revving it out? I've been short shifting on my laps but while I reckon you have a much better exit on T4 than me I lose 3 tenths there to you :crazy: Best I've seen is a .250ish but even for that I had to compromise my entry speed, you've got me beaten hands down there mate.

Wish I'd back to backed the shift point now - I just checked the power curve and short shifted every lap :lol:

Tyre King, Mr P and mohitraina91 like this.
  14. Mr P

Mr P

Cheers Phil :tup: I'm shifting at about 75% of the gear display before it goes purple or lilac or whatever colour it is at full rev :D:tup:

There's no way in hell I can beat you here mate but I can maybe close the gap a wee bit with some luck :cheers:

Tyre King and Philtaylor17 like this.
  15. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

Oh so your actually shifting earlier than I am! Nice, you have blitzed that sector then dude :tup:

IDK, I think the lap is definitely beatable, especially with that tenth left on the table from the realistic optimum. Plus if you do beat the splits I may not be able to reply depending on how fast my ankle gets better :lol:

Tyre King and Mr P like this.
  16. Mr P

Mr P

Good! [​IMG]

Ojk mate ;) Hope you on the mend asap :cheers:

Tyre King and Philtaylor17 like this.
  17. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

:lol::lol: thanks :tup:

Tyre King and Mr P like this.
  18. Mr P

Mr P

On some really strong tablets for toothache tonight and they made me high so can't sleep.. anyway had another session and some driving under the influence :lol: Shifting at redline now ...

Been a couple of cars lengths ahead of this save many times but always hit a rumble somewhere near the end of the lap and it's bye bye lap :tdown::irked:
    I still have a few tenths to scrape with all my best splits together... I'll be back before the deadline!

Good luck to all taking part on this one :cheers:

19. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Just when I wasn't so sure I could pull more time from such a nonsensical setup, I do :lol:

20. Pigpin13

Pigpin13

Lap still feels clunky. My optimal says there is more to gain. However, I had some bonzi sections that may skew that a little. I did have one lap that I matched @Philtaylor17 in sect 1. That made me feel good lol. I may give another go tomorrow.

21. Mr P

Mr P

Great effort this week Pigpin! :tup: D1 is right around the corner .. Well Done! :cheers:

22. roamer2629

roamer2629 Premium

I won't be able to host today people and we don't have any takers for today's race so I'm calling this one off.
    See you next weekend.

23. Pigpin13

Pigpin13

Thank you! I hope you’re right.

24. shoenboggie

shoenboggie

I’ve given this a go, 40 miles on the Racing Point pink Merc.

25. Stryker13

Stryker13 Premium

Still not fast enough.
    There’re at least 3 tenths that ran away from me.

26. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

Your killing it @Pigpin13 :cheers: looking nailed on for a podium.

Its such a satisfying first corner/sector to get right - I wish it could happen every lap :lol:

27. Pigpin13

Pigpin13

Well, I knew it was too good to be true. So, I went back and checked my settings and sure enough. At some point I had altered my downforce. An entire weeks worth of grinding thrown out the window because I didn’t confirm my settings. I’ll be submitting these splits. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Stryker13 and Tyre King like this.
  28. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

That sucks @Pigpin13 :nervous: gutted for you.

Fair play for going back and checking though, complete sportsmanship.

29. Pigpin13

Pigpin13

I should’ve known better. I’m never in the top 5. I’m mad at my self for it lol

30. Philtaylor17

Philtaylor17 Premium

I've seen you run in good positions before dude, and the splits you've posted now are solid especially considering you were probably used to the car on its adjusted settings.

Its easily done, but nice job spotting it before submission.