GTP_WRS Week 15 : Audi R8 @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 126 comments
Okay, got the perfect set-up now, now all I need to do is get some consistency in T2.

I've been hitting 58.7/8s during T1 regularly, with a 58.660 recorded to. But I cannot get T2 done, I keep messing up the hairpin despite knowing that I should hold back on corner speed to get a better exit, and the double left after the long right is a pain to get perfect too. If I hook up my best two sectors I'm looking at about 1'47.6. If I can get T2 better I believe a 1'47.3 is possible.

Infuriating, yet really fun. Been a great learning experience for me at a track I normally suck at.

Had another go this evening and improved my times a bit.

T1: 0.58.771
T2: 1.47.699

Can see where i'm loosing time, but can't put the sectors together.

Matt.

First lap in the 58'sand gave away 0.3 in the final chicane :yuck:but still a fastest lap.👍

New times

Tried Stotty's setup and found that it didn't suit totally, but a very good setup still.:) Chose to go with a 6 speed and adjusted my spring 6-4/shock 3-5 to basically Stotty's setup.:sly: All in all a combo of each. Turn angle to 43.

6speed gearbox settings, 1st is not used.

Final: 4.201

2nd:2.376
3rd:1.816
4th:1.449
5th:1.223
6th:1.007

I had my settings in the "A" and Stotty's in the "C" setup,and then kinda swapped a few thing back and forth, and used the ghost to tell me which settings were faster, even if the progress was just one little part of the lap.
Still nowhere near the Div1 guys,but a decent step in that direction.

Last edited:

Tried every setup posted here, but I can't seem to get even near to my D1 colleagues:ouch:

Some excellent Division 3 performers in this event again 👍

And Wanna_B not looking so out of place at the top of the board any more with his Division one colour now :lol:

All the best
Maz

Hey Maz,
Where are your times buddy????

Dan

I would actually love to get stuck into this WRS, 4WD at Suzuka used to be my thing!

All the time I get for GT5P is going on Event 02 at the moment mate, practising pit stops and the like ;)

All the best
Maz

Slow down Dan
T1 58.086
T2 1.46.115

Using a Wanna_B Sandbaggers Special tune :sly:

Last edited:
Improvement...

T1 58.029
T2 1'46,388

Now I can see a 47.9 T1 and an easy 1'45.8 T2.

I've switched to Stotties setup and with only a tit more rear breaking I was able to drive a lot more consistently and get somewhat better laptimes while doing so:

T1: 58.972
T2: 1'47.808

FFS, put me back in Division 3
Raise enough money for a good cause (e.g. fire victums down under, or AIDS research, or what ever you seem fit) and we Div 3 drivers might consider to take you back. I'm sure that your fellow Div 1 drivers are more than willing to donate some in your name. :sly:

Err, that should read 57.9 T1.

Only ran 12 laps with a new set up ;) and hit a 58.1 T1 on my 2nd lap. I just watched the lap again, and loads of room for improvement at the hairpin and Spoon... have to rush off now though as my wife's due home and I should be doing the cleaning :D

After a decent time spent for tuning I stand here:

T1 59.264 (seen a few high 58's best was 58.860)
T2 1'48.363

MadMax

Not for the leaderboard but been practicing Degner as i suck there big time, fastest T1 I've managed 57.936,soon as I'm happy i can repeat Degner, the bloody hairpin is next, you can loose way too much time there

I hear ya, Degner was nice to me once and on that occasion I got so much speed coming out of that corner. I've never been able to repeat that, whatever setup I've tried. That next hairpin is indeed a winner or loser. That is the one corner that really needs an aggresive aproach (and a bit wide) in my experience. I'm actually thinking about using the handbrake there.

A bit of improvement for me too.

1'47.601

I've had a 58.7 T1, so there's room for going quicker yet, if I have the patience.:crazy:

Back