GTP_WRS Week 15 : Audi R8 @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 126 comments
I used DC setup with a bit higher front height (-15) and harder rear damper (6), and used as well Stotty's transmission...here is some improvement:

T1: 58:849
T2: 1:47:564

PS: My GTP tag is not GTP_ElColombiano anymore, the actual one is GTP_Lyvan

Thanks, keep up guys!

Just had a few laps, lost a little @ the hairpin. Scruffy looking lap. But is my fastest yet, still some room to go faster.

1'46.255

👍

1'48.016

Better, but I need to revert back to some old settings. The 6 gear set-up isn't working for me through T1.

Been practicing for the GTP Race Event 2 this week, so this is my first crack at the R8 around Suzi. Time to be gained, so I'll have another crack tomorrow,

First run splits,

T1 - 59.315
T2 - 1.48.110

First go (using Stotty's tune):
T1: 58.581
T2: 1'47.935

Finally hooked up a good T1 without flying off somewhere.

1'47.846

Still losing loads of time through T2. But compared to DoP above, I cannot for the life of me see 7/10ths there! Maybe a tenth and a half at the hairpin on above lap, probably a couple of tenths at Spoon...

I reverted back to my 5-gear set-up for the above. Nice and responsive through the bends in T1, thus the decent time.

First splits from a 3 hour session.
I used Stotty's setup first then switched to Sjaak's suspension with Stotty's gearing.
I want to try the Dutch Customs setup as they always work for me.
Unfortunatly I doubt I'll have time for another session.
I really like this combo, Sjaak.

59.400 (59.099)
1'48.486 (1'48.381)

i was hoping to get another try at this but im gonna be out of the house till tomorrow night and was out all day today so, lap submitted with the splits on the leaderboard, was hoping to get a little more out of the car.

Damn, totally forgot about this because my event 2 race went on for so long. Will try and have 1 last go at it tomorrow.

Just to clear this up is this the fastest setup?

Settings
Ride -20, -7
Springs 4, 7
Shocks 2, 6
Toe -0.1, 0.0
Camber -2.2, -1.5
Brake 3, 7
Steering angle 38
1st 3.707
2nd 2.376
3rd 1.786
4th 1.417
5th 1.115
Final 3.663

Steering angle looks weak, but if you think you need more you're probably trying to carry too much speed... personally, I found more speed with a less aggressive driving style.

Not even close to you stotty using this 0.8 down by T2, maybe i just need more practise i dont know.

Splits:
T1-58.403
T2-1'46.924

probably a 1'46.4xx if i absolutly nail it.

Last edited:
This combo is more dependant on tuning than most in my estimation.
Slightly slower T2, but faster full lap.
Time submitted.

Advantage of this is I don't think there is one specific tune that is better than the rest, I've found about 2-3 different tunes that produce the same result. It's just my poor driving holding me back!

About to submit my time.

This car has got hidden speed, cause I can't find it and some of you guys can. LOL

Actually, pretty happy with the time, I hoped to get a little faster overall.

I'm metaphorically tearing my hair out.

Today I've done a T1 of 58.393 and having done a T1 of 59.092 I did a 1'47.806.

So if I combine the two I can theoretically get a T2 of about 1'47.2. Now all I need to do is actually do it. I've not enjoyed Suzuka for so long.

Final laptime submitted with these splits.

1'47.702

Good luck for those still running.

[*]2:12.066 - GTP_markyboy92

Last edited:
Just to clear this up is this the fastest setup?

Not even close to you stotty using this 0.8 down by T2, maybe i just need more practise i dont know.

Splits:
T1-58.403
T2-1'46.924

probably a 1'46.4xx if i absolutly nail it.

Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been away for the weekend and only just got back.

This is NOT the tune I used for my fastest lap... but the later tune isn't mine to share.

Probably no chance to get another run in for me.

I put in a few more laps, but to no avail. :ouch:

Lap submitted, with an unsatisfying final sector. :grumpy:

Not sure why I bothered this week, but I did just submit my time. Unless the 10 guys ahead had extremely horrible final sectors I've just volunteered myself for demotion. :)

I give up, dont like driving the car that much and i have a much slower setup which explains being about 1 second off but i dont know how to tune it to its best for me so i guess theres no more i can do, pretty much nailed the lap for that setup.

T1-58.382
T2-1'46.747
Were my splits on my hot lap.

I am finding this an absolute pig to get quicker at. I have tuned this car up and down and can't get close to those up the table. Driving me nuts is an under statement. :crazy:

I gave this event final try today and improved over .3 seconds.

T1 59.098
T2 1'48.005

There was left about .2 in the first sector, but I'm happy with this lap.

Submitted

MadMax

Back