GTP_WRS Week 158 : Yellow Brick Road

• Thread starter mcsqueegy
  • 80 comments
Slower in the first two sectors but made it back in 3 and gained a couple hundredths at the line.
None of my best sectors in this best lap however. :(

Oh yeah. Tried BB 2/8, 2/9 and 1/10 and it just wouldn't woah down enough anywhere. After about 5 laps of messing with it I stuck it on 5/10 and rattled off another 15 laps.

Oh yeah. Tried BB 2/8, 2/9 and 1/10 and it just wouldn't woah down enough anywhere. After about 5 laps of messing with it I stuck it on 5/10 and rattled off another 15 laps.

I thought the brakes were awful then tried a few things and realised that, despite the tyres not really being a problem for me in the turns, they were what was causing it. Even with my brakes at 3/4 there was a ridiculous amount of squeal into the first turn unless I slightly reduced the pressure from my left foot. I still can't get a decent time so... maybe not the best person to listen to on most of the stuff relating to this combo, but I'm pretty sure that 2-4 is the correct range to have the brakes at, unless you're good at left foot control of course.

Hi,

1:10.000

still no idea where the secret of this combo is. Just sliding around :confused:

cheers,
D.

1:09.194

Thought I'd come back to get a reality check from some aliens :lol:

Lucky I've still got plenty of time left to throw at this week.

Hi,

🤬🤬🤬
1:09.183
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

🤬🤬
D.

;) @Tidgney is a registry member, D1 Gold. Well, he shows up as being Silver, but his actual handicap would suggest otherwise. I think one submission and we would make him Gold.

He was kind enough to make these incredibly thorough track guides, and while the car is different, I think this will help you.

Hi,

thanks @EDK and @Tidgney - watched it a few times and could improve a little:

1:09.034

which is still not good.

It seems to me that this weeks combo requires good reactions, more than other combos. This is something I haven't due to brain injuries I still retire from. I realize this cause I react frantic while trying to set fast laps.

Well, it is like it is, hoping for better weeks for me.

Nonetheless I'll join tonights WW-Race, not only to race and have some fun, but also to watch and learn from the aliens driving. If it gives me one or two tenths I'm contented.

cheers,
D.

Hi,

thanks @EDK and @Tidgney - watched it a few times and could improve a little:

1:09.034

which is still not good.

It seems to me that this weeks combo requires good reactions, more than other combos. This is something I haven't due to brain injuries I still retire from. I realize this cause I react frantic while trying to set fast laps.

Well, it is like it is, hoping for better weeks for me.

Nonetheless I'll join tonights WW-Race, not only to race and have some fun, but also to watch and learn from the aliens driving. If it gives me one or two tenths I'm contented.

cheers,
D.
Yeah, that's somewhat true. But throttle and brake control are quite important at this track. Focus on controlling your pedal inputs where the car is stepping out.

EDK
;) @Tidgney is a registry member, D1 Gold. Well, he shows up as being Silver, but his actual handicap would suggest otherwise. I think one submission and we would make him Gold.

He was kind enough to make these incredibly thorough track guides, and while the car is different, I think this will help you.

I nearly jumped on this when I saw it was Indianapolis but I'm trying to qualify on the Project Cars tournament at the moment, and I'd want to give this 100%! I'm always spying on the events though, and I guess I need to push for that gold at some point ;P!

I'm glad the videos are still helping people even now, makes them worthwhile to make :)!

Good luck to everyone on this weeks time trial :)!

Had another session...not a lot of improvements but I think I may be near my limit...

1'07.300

BB 4/9

I'm probably losing a big chunk of time especially on corner entry...the car doesn't rotate as much as I'd like.

@Tidgney: thanks for all the very informative videos you put up on your channel...I appreciate your work.. I learned a lot of concepts thanks to you

Last edited:
Hi,

I know it. I know it for every damn corner how it should be. So, before I throw my ps3 out of the window my awesome splits as above are now submitted and accepted :D

Good luck to all, c ya next week,
D.

:lol::lol:
I think I've reached that particular point also.
It feels like my feet are living a life of their own and are no longer connected to the brains :lol:
Totaly missing apex''s and fly off-track at impossible places :dunce:

Back