GTP_WRS Week 159 : PASM's PAStime

• Thread starter EDK
  • 84 comments
Curiously?... as this thread is titled PASM's pastime, will we be seeing him appear for this round? ;) would be good to see what he comes up with on an offline TT versus racing it online 👍

Sorry about all my posts but at least it keeps this section relatively active! much better than 3 posts a day imo :D:tup:

Curiously?... as this thread is titled PASM's pastime, will we be seeing him appear for this round? ;) would be good to see what he comes up with on an offline TT versus racing it online 👍

Sorry about all my posts but at least it keeps this section relatively active! much better than 3 posts a day imo :D:tup:
Not sure. I named it that on a whim, since he came up with the car. It was somewhat of a combined effort in our Friday night beer session disguised as a race room. ;)

@GTP_Nail kept having to leave the room to buy cars, it was a pretty expensive night for him. :lol:

Haha.. well at least his garage will be more interesting from here on in :D:tup:

Reactions: EDK
EDK
Not sure. I named it that on a whim, since he came up with the car. It was somewhat of a combined effort in our Friday night beer session disguised as a race room. ;)

@GTP_Nail kept having to leave the room to buy cars, it was a pretty expensive night for him. :lol:
yeah that was a 10 million credit night....but hurt me...that's why I do Seasonals...lmao

Curiously?... as this thread is titled @PASM's pastime, will we be seeing him appear for this round? ;) would be good to see what he comes up with on an offline TT versus racing it online 👍
Maybe we can call him out like this, @PASM, and say he's yella (and purple), maybe his inner Marty McFly will kick in. :lol:

bttf1.gif

bttf2.gif

bttf3.gif

Just a question, do you guys drive on the green part of the track at the start of the third sector after the tight right-left turn? I've destroyed two .5s going through that :banghead:

Just a question, do you guys drive on the green part of the track at the start of the third sector after the tight right-left turn? I've destroyed two .5s going through that :banghead:
Do you mean put 2 wheels on it? You obviously need 2 on track or rumble, the green is not a legal track surface.

I would say in general, I would try to keep this car on the track, dipping over rumbles generally seems to be a recipe for disaster, in my limited running.

EDK
Do you mean put 2 wheels on it? You obviously need to on track or rumble, the green is not a legal track surface.

I would say in general, I would try to keep this car on the track, dipping over rumbles generally seems to be a recipe for disaster, in my limited running.
Yeah, 2 wheels. It allows me to go straight instead of doing a zig-zag, but the risk is there. :ouch:

I think I've found my brick wall already, but hopefully watching the Bathurst 12Hr I can get rejuvenated :lol:

Edit: I just noticed my first sector is identical to my last lap! I would like to think I had some influence on the consistency :cheers:

Had a little go at this, just a pair of 5 lap runs. That's all my nerves could take! :nervous:

That first sector did feel very, very good. But I'm at least 1 metre from the apex and didn't get the super-rotation that is possible with perfect brake blend-off. Even with DS3, a faster first sector is possible. Brakes 7 10.

Middle sector looks neat but far from optimised. Then again, turn 8 is NOT flat out in DS3 if you optimise the hairpin exit. :lol: So kept a tight hairpin line in order to 100% gas it around that section.

Final sector looks scrappy but got unexpected high rotation thanks to accidentally nailing the brake blend-off. Also used a bit of outside kerb after the zig-zag to help turn right. More luck than judgement. Actually got the final apex but quite a wobbly exit for that long run to the line.

These splits put me deep into Division 2 which is a bit disappointing. Out of those 10 laps I didn't get within a second of this again. Not sure I can go any faster. Even with @EDK sound advice!

Very diffIcult to experience the 'feel' of this car.It''s more a 'try or die'.Propably due to the tire compound.
Weird gears also
Third gear feels slow but seems to be key in third sector and exit in last corner to the s/f line.
Couple of tenths left which I will never see in 1 lap :lol:
:cheers:

Very diffIcult to experience the 'feel' of this car.It''s more a 'try or die'.Propably due to the tire compound.
Weird gears also
Third gear feels slow but seems to be key in third sector and exit in last corner to the s/f line.
Couple of tenths left which I will never see in 1 lap :lol:
:cheers:
3rd is key becasue the car has loads of torque and it lets you just mash the throttle. Kind of like using 2nd for the exit of the second hairpin in the Corvette/Indy combo. ;)

Well my end section from the other day was worse than I thought... I beat my save within 15 mins tonight with these splits due to a neater last few bends, slower splits but faster by .1 at the line :)

Another .2 at the line that I lost to t2 and I'll be close to my limit.. I'll be back :D:tup:

Back