GTP_WRS Week 16 : Daihatsu Copen @ Eiger Nordwand

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 169 comments
Wow, I'm way off the pace this week. Had two 30 minute go's, but was mostly focusing on 'Enhance Your Skills'. Great times everyone, very close this week. See you all at HSR in 350Z's

I had a session before going to work and took .133 off the lap time.

Submitting.

Finally got the gears where I was happy and was able to steer it ok.I blew the final turn and lost about 1.5 tenths off my best but improved overall substantially.

I see I missed the final update but I'm sure I moved up a couple of places.:D

Submitted.

I think I'm in trouble. My setup is great for the first two sectors, but probably realy stinks for the final sector. :ouch:

I think I'm in trouble. My setup is great for the first two sectors, but probably realy stinks for the final sector. :ouch:

Same here - I was really hoping for a podium finish this week, but the competition in Div 3 is very hot with some quick drivers. I'm just hoping to maintain something half respectable :crazy:

I've submitted, my lap felt good, I know there's time in T1, but the car just isn't for me. See you in the Datsun's at HSR!

Final times

1:03.035

I want to be in Division 2, Division 3's a tough crowd :-)

Final times

1:03.035

I want to be in Division 2, Division 3's a tough crowd :-)

I think they really need to consider putting some of the faster Div 3 guys into Div 2. However, this week could prove to be very interesting because the final sector isn't as easy as it looks on paper and a car that makes it through T1 and T2 quickly may not perform quite so well in the final piece (or maybe the drivers are only focusing on the first 2 splits since that's all we report :) ).

Would really be great to go back and update the leaderboard each week with final times - I know in the past that the current leaderboard does not always reflect the podiums (particularly for Div 3). I've been trying to keep my T2 - T1 as close to the leaders as possible and when this is over I plan on checking some of the T3 - T2 times to see exactly how I fared in the final sector.

In my final 2 sessions on this event, I used the ghost of the lap I ended up submitting and several times I was ahead of it at T1 and T2 but the ghost always caught me and passed me in the final sector.

Incidentally, the splits for the lap I ended up submitting were 0'36.261 and 1'03.040 (roughly) which means you were just barely ahead of me at T2. :)

I agree and would love to see final times (with full splits) on the leaderboard. While I think it's a really good thing to post the next weeks race early, especially for people who maybe didn't race this week, but I don't understand why the leaderboard is shut down and moved to next week before we've even hit the submission deadline for this week. I mean that's when it's getting really interesting? Imagine doing this at the track, 76 laps into an eighty lap race they shut down and start disassembling the leaderboard so they can move it on to next weeks track?

As for the final sector, that's also very true. There were many times in the past that someone had a clear lead at T2 only to be completely overrun at the finish (seemed to happen a lot to me). Part of it might be sacrificing car speed for time at T2 (like cutting early into a corner) but a lot of it was (at least on my part) due to too much effort getting competitive T1/T2 times and not enough practice on the final sector.

As a rule now unless I have a major crash (hard to do in the Copen :D) I run complete laps and I really try and focus on getting the best lap times and let the splits look after themselves.

At one point I did have a T2 of 1:02.9xx but later beat that lap with a faster finish and slower T2. At the end of the week, it's the final time that really matters.

Lap submitted, splits as leaderboard. Only managed a couple of sessions, DC distracted me:lol:

Would really be great to go back and update the leaderboard each week with final times - I know in the past that the current leaderboard does not always reflect the podiums (particularly for Div 3). I've been trying to keep my T2 - T1 as close to the leaders as possible and when this is over I plan on checking some of the T3 - T2 times to see exactly how I fared in the final sector.
Hey Lin! Let's make an appointment, ok? If you do a poll within the WRS community about this and a majority (being a significant number of members) agrees with you, then I shall take it upon me to update the leaderboard with the final splits.

Deal?

... this all provided, of course, that all submitters post their final splits in the combo thread :)
(oh hell, what am I saying now :( this'll cost me dearly ... :D)

I sent mine a couple of days ago to Sphinx with the sectors in the submission also 👍

Hey Lin! Let's make an appointment, ok? If you do a poll within the WRS community about this and a majority (being a significant number of members) agrees with you, then I shall take it upon me to update the leaderboard with the final splits.

Got my vote. I've generally found that the guys who are posting the fastest T2 splits are the ones who are fastest from T2 to the finish but it's still interesting to see it all laid out.

I'll take it further too, how about rather than relying the efforts of our leaderboard manager to troll the forum looking for update posts, pm them directly to him ... with all splits including the final time. All times are added to the board but the final time is hidden. At the deadline enable that column and we have our results.

This would have the advantage of (1) allowing the results to be available pretty much as soon as the race is over (2) if people post splits they've submitted ... no more forgetting about it and missing the deadline.

Submitted.

Had another quick go tonight, but couldn't beat last nights lap. Good luck everybody, this combo has been great.

Matt.

Back