GTP_WRS Week 168: Silk Cut Monster

• Thread starter roamer2629
  • 64 comments

Seems most struggling here like me haha.. I get a good T1 and my sector 2 is sloppy and if I'm slower at T1 my sector 2 is much faster doh!!! :dunce:👍

Last edited:

Decided to throw my hat in the ring and see what I could do. Feel like much more time could be made in the first chicane, but struggling to find how exactly.

First sector seems abit optimistic considering what I have seen on the leaderboards, you sure that's not a typo?

Edit: I have a theory but it requires you answering a question for me: Did you do this lap on the no chicane layout?

Last edited:
upload_2021-2-14_11-21-3.jpeg

upload_2021-2-14_11-21-22.jpeg

Hopefully they’re right this time. 👍

This brings back remories from LeMans/Sarthe TT.
Is this going to be clean or dirty? This is from 2nd chicane exit.

GTS_Monza_20210214132434.jpg

Last edited:

View attachment 991530
That's tough to call on that pic Joel. White line is track boundary unless where backed by rumble strips, once the rumble ends white line is enforced. That grey strip of painted tarmac is not track.

First sector seems abit optimistic considering what I have seen on the leaderboards, you sure that's not a typo?

Edit: I have a theory but it requires you answering a question for me: Did you do this lap on the no chicane layout?

Probably just fat fingers but nice suggestion :D:tup:

That's tough to call on that pic Joel. White line is track boundary unless where backed by rumble strips, once the rumble ends white line is enforced. That grey strip of painted tarmac is not track.

Here's a pic of the rumble exiting turn 2 with no car on and more lighting to give a better perspective.. I think as long as the orange sausage is not mounted with the trackside tyres the move on there would be legal.. but that's just my opinion!

7061671772297363984_0.jpg

My lap is similar but the trackside tyres do not ride the orange sausage deliberately as I thought that was the fail point .. here's an image of the closest moment of my sausage encounter.. :P

6917560991394824720_0.jpg

Last edited:
Impossible to tell on the first pic. The second is clean. What we need to verify is if the tires are touching the rumble strip or not.
upload_2021-2-14_19-21-50.jpeg

I think this shot shows that the tire is indeed touching the rumble strip, and the car’s trajectory is straight forward, so no tires are beyond the limits.

I decided that lap was dirty as there wasn't any rumble stripes and whiteline is the limit at that point (in picture).

Decided to throw my hat in the ring and see what I could do. Feel like much more time could be made in the first chicane, but struggling to find how exactly.

No fat fingers with dim lighting and no glasses. Thanks for the catch

Corrected Splits

View attachment 991613
I think this shot shows that the tire is indeed touching the rumble strip, and the car’s trajectory is straight forward, so no tires are beyond the limits.

If that's the closest point, it looks clean to me. you're zoomed in enough where I don't see the surface beyond peeking out.

EDIT: In terms of people sharing BB - I actually ran BB 0. Braking distance is slightly longer, but I had trouble with rotation if my BB was forward.

Also, on the exit of the 2nd chicane, I'm using 3rd on exit.

Last edited:
If that's the closest point, it looks clean to me. you're zoomed in enough where I don't see the surface beyond peeking out.

EDIT: In terms of people sharing BB - I actually ran BB 0. Braking distance is slightly longer, but I had trouble with rotation if my BB was forward.

Also, on the exit of the 2nd chicane, I'm using 3rd on exit.
Sounds good! I think I’m exiting on second gear through the second chicane as I’ve tried 3rd and it feels like it takes ages to get back up to speed. Also, my brake balance is set forward because me playing with a controller leaves me with less of a reaction if the car steps out while rotating.

EDIT: my new splits are

Last edited:
Sounds good! I think I’m exiting on second gear through the second chicane as I’ve tried 3rd and it feels like it takes ages to get back up to speed. Also, my brake balance is set forward because me playing with a controller leaves me with less of a reaction if the car steps out while rotating.

3rd is more difficult. You need to carry more speed (easier said than done), otherwise car will bog down on exit. 2nd is perfectly fine though, not a material difference.

I'm on controller as well. I guess different driving styles. Everyone is using a forward brake balance here except me though :dopey:

View attachment 991530

Here's a pic of the rumble exiting turn 2 with no car on and more lighting to give a better perspective.. I think as long as the orange sausage is not mounted with the trackside tyres the move on there would be legal.. but that's just my opinion!

7061671772297363984_0.jpg

My lap is similar but the trackside tyres do not ride the orange sausage deliberately as I thought that was the fail point .. here's an image of the closest moment of my sausage encounter.. :P

6917560991394824720_0.jpg

@roamer2629 If I understand it correctly looking at Ron's pics at Lesmo the white triangle before & after the rumble strip (and sausage) is not track.
After checking previous rullings on the grey triangular areas before and after rumble strips I have to declare them track. Sorry if it has caused inconveniencies.

I double checked my lap before submitting to fetchy and just noticed my replay goes black about 0.2 before the lap time is displayed. Not sure why because I always finish the 1st sector of the next lap.

I'll see what I can come up with tomorrow.

I double checked my lap before submitting to fetchy and just noticed my replay goes black about 0.2 before the lap time is displayed. Not sure why because I always finish the 1st sector of the next lap.

Screenshot your saved replay time

We started allowing people to just provide a screenshot of their library along with saved replay, since PD seems to have no interest in fixing this bug.

Last edited:
3rd is more difficult. You need to carry more speed (easier said than done), otherwise car will bog down on exit. 2nd is perfectly fine though, not a material difference.

I'm on controller as well. I guess different driving styles. Everyone is using a forward brake balance here except me though :dopey:

I have no idea how you manage to carry more speed in 3rd than 2nd on the exit of the T1 chicane.. every attempt I try in 3rd and it bogs down and my 2nd gear ghost screams past it? Well done mate you are killing that section :bowdown:

I just beat my best lap with slower splits but a faster last bend will update my final splits when I've finished today :cheers:

I have 5 saves all within .1 at the line and they differ with a gap as much as .4 at T2 :( submitting my 2nd fastest save as my fastest is really close on turn 1 entry to first chicane 👎 Throwing in the towel anyway as it's really frustrating :crazy:

My best theoretical lap was probably .3 or .4 faster.. ah well :ouch: will see where it puts me anyway! GL to all in the results :cheers:

edit: submitted

Last edited:
Back