GTP_WRS Week 17 : EDK Goes to Daytona

• Thread starter EDK
  • 184 comments
Had a quick run.. not a course I know.. Any tips on braking points.. particularly into turn 1.. & for the chicane.. ?? would be most appreciated.. or/and a video of sector 1.. :cheers:

1'06.867

The chicane I can never do properly at first, with any kind of fast car. Probably however much I'll put into this, I'll at least know enough to want to join the race.

What a wonderful car. A personal favorite. The track is probably one of the few I use the driving line at. Braking markers a bit conservative though. DS3 friendly week IMO.
First splits
1'04.450

Another go messed with BB and went with 5/9.

Not a first lap anymore, and subsequently, Sector 1 is slower... figures.

1'04.631

Funny story about Daytona and a Camaro. My parents used to go to Daytona every year for vacation. On the day they were to leave they had some time to kill so they went to the Daytona museum. My dad struck up a conversation with an older guy, and eventually this guy asks my parents if they would like a few laps around the oval. My dad says ok, but how, the older guy says I have connections. The only condition was the older guy had to drive. They get in the car, and ride right past security out onto the track. As they are ready to go a group of people come running up to the car and are pretty upset. The one guy starts yelling at the older guy asking him what are you doing? The older guy says I promised these 2 nice people a ride around the track. The younger guy says you are not driving and tells my parents they will have to leave. The older guy says I promised them a ride and if you won't let me drive then you will have to take them. So they take a few laps with the younger guy driving the Camaro rental ,my Dad next to him and my Mom in the backseat. The driver was Bill France Jr (Pres of NASCAR), and the older guy was Bill France Sr (Founder of NASCAR). Bill France Sr. eventually died of alzheimer's disease which is why I guess the son did not want him driving.

And a video showing the original Daytona track part beach, part road.

Last edited:
first ten laps with the wheel already better than the old ds3,just after the week 16 banzai run.

1:04.306

Had SRF on by accident yesterday, barely caught myself before posting splits that were super fast. It's taken some time but I'm getting used to the car without SRF now.

I'm so inconsistent with the 1st corner. I think I can cut my time down by like half a second in the rest of the track but I can never get the 1st corner right.

Last edited:
Just had my first couple of laps of this combo just for fun. And it WAS fun! This car sure feels different from any other we've driven on this course before... braking distances are much shorter, for one thing! I guess it's slower and/or lighter than the other cars that were used here.

Anyone got a good brake marker for the bus stop?

Anyone got a good brake marker for the bus stop?
If you put the full map up on the upper-left and keep an eye on the first light pole on the left, *just* as the light pole crosses inside the superimposed full track is where I'm braking. I wouldn't have thought to look at those light poles unless @EDK had suggested it back in GT5. 👍

Still working on first splits here, @hasslemoff appears to be thrashing it with no mercy already! :crazy:

Last edited:
Not the same car, but it will show the proper lines. I think this is one of the last TTs we ran in GT5. Courtesy of @Vagabond

That is a great help. I did ten laps on Sunday, and every single one had different lines on each corner!

1'04.410

Have managed 12 today, before I crawl back off to bed, and I reckon I can get into the 1.03's. I am too aggressive into the corners and too gentle out of them. If I pick my best sectors from my 10th and 11th lap, T3 would be a 1'04.049!!

My target for this week is to keep up with @Killermiller24 👍

Not doing well with T1 and T3, but had a fantastic S4. Should get 1:03's eventually.

1:04.868

That is a great help. I did ten laps on Sunday, and every single one had different lines on each corner!

1'04.410

Have managed 12 today, before I crawl back off to bed, and I reckon I can get into the 1.03's. I am too aggressive into the corners and too gentle out of them. If I pick my best sectors from my 10th and 11th lap, T3 would be a 1'04.049!!

My target for this week is to keep up with @Killermiller24 👍
You will, because I will go drink hectoliters of slovenian beer by tomorrow :)

Back