GTP_WRS Week 17 : Official Results

• Thread starter Sphinx
  • 74 comments
Thanks for checking the replays MadMax86.

The leaderboard is an integral part of the WRS, and gives us all extra incentive to push harder.Big thanks to Bigracer and all the leaderboard updaters.

Here's my replays together in this rar file :)

Attachments

• Mr P wrs17.rar
    215.2 KB · Views: 12
Mr P - Clean and correct, nice and smooth. 👍 on early 4th shift on the last corner.

wtf, I quite well remember taking the cable off before exiting the session. :dunce: :guilty: Too bad if this dq's me, but rules are the rules 👍

We don't disqualify racers for having a online replay.
Some and even I experience it, pull out the cable but still the name is visible.
For those who clearly forgot that the race can't be done while being online, have to buy a round in the WRS bar. :cheers:

And for all:
However by abuse of the rule the reaction will be a lot harder.

Last night I went to bed early, even before the results were up. And I couldn't sleep, I just had to know... So I got up again to startup the PC and see the results. And some results they are: Not only did I get my first Div 3 win, but beat the Div 2 guys while at it! :crazy:

But the margins are so very very narrow that it could have swung any way. And that is all over the divisions. There is some fearce competition and I love it and I know that for the next events I'll have to try even harder, because everyone else will too. :nervous:

Well done everyone (racers, Sjaak, Jerry) and thanks for giving me the best (and most time consuming) hobby I've had in years! 👍

This calls for a celebration:
<---- booze & soda
crisps & bitterballen ---->
:cheers:

Attachments

• GTP_Denur WRS 17 pal 2 replays.rar
    199.4 KB · Views: 21
I checked awd208's replays:

Both with correct specs and (probably) clean. Nice driving indeed. 👍

You did have a very very close call with the Fairlady in the very last corner. I watched it from every view and only with the rear view a noticed every time the tiniest of glitches in that last corner, not even audible. Might just be a glitch in the replay.

My replays.

Checked Denur's replays.

350z is clean, but i would like other opinions on the fairlady, not sure if there is a touch of the stupid and damned invisible wall on the last corner.

Matt.

Attachments

• PS3.zip
    101.6 KB · Views: 13
  • PS3a.zip
    109.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Congratulations to all the podiums and especially to sphinx for organising the results. It was a classic combo and the results couldn't have been any closer:tup: Unlucky Timpaq for getting pipped by myself, you really did deserve the win as i mentioned earlier with that incredible T2 split with the opera:crazy:

Attachments

• GTP_DHoll.zip
    203 KB · Views: 19
Congratulations to all the podiums and especially to sphinx for organising the results. It was a classic combo and the results couldn't have been any closer:tup: Unlucky Timpaq for getting pipped by myself, you really did deserve the win as i mentioned earlier with that incredible T2 split with the opera:crazy:

Can't seem to get my ps3 to see your replays. Probably something i'm doing wrong.

We don't disqualify racers for having a online replay.
Some and even I experience it, pull out the cable but still the name is visible.
For those who clearly forgot that the race can't be done while being online, have to buy a round in the WRS bar. :cheers:

And for all:
However by abuse of the rule the reaction will be a lot harder.

Great! And of course, as the lap is done with slippier tires, there's no replay online. Just the time. But great relief to hear that :cheers:

As I said, it was expected.. 👍 👍 I heard stotty gained .3 on me in the last corner, so was obvious to me that you would do at least the same 👍 Next time I need to be more precise and use all the room allowed in the rules :dunce: :)

:cheers:

My replays.

Checked Denur's replays.

350z is clean, but i would like other opinions on the fairlady, not sure if there is a touch of the stupid and damned invisible wall on the last corner.

Matt.
Thanks for checking Matt 👍

I was a little confused when you expressed your doubts about the last corner with the Fairlady. I've reviewed that lap at least 20 times tonight. And all I can tell is that it is a bit bumpy on top of the curb stones, but I don't see a sidewards kick what so ever. Another opinion would be very welcome indeed.
:crazy:

I was a little confused when you expressed your doubts about the last corner with the Fairlady. I've reviewed that lap at least 20 times tonight. And all I can tell is that it is a bit bumpy on top of the curb stones, but I don't see a sidewards kick what so ever. Another opinion would be very welcome indeed.

i hope i'm wrong. You ran great times, and if it is a touch, then you certainly gained no time from it.

GTP_MJH

Fairlady 1'18.794 Correct Specs and clean Green flag.gif

350Z 1'19.313 Correct Specs and clean Green flag.gif

Nice tidy laps Matt 👍

Edit:
Worthy of a DQ though, on account he used different colour cars. Whatever next? Standards!!

Last edited:
Just looking at Denur's Fairlday lap, first impressions are that it is caused by the rumble strip, nothing audible. Just charging camera so I can do slow-mo of it.

Slow-mo was clear, the lap is green, the slight movement of the car is caused by the violent rumble strip, they are quite harsh at HSR, I noticed the exact same with my Fairlady on the other similar rumble strips.

*waves that pretty GTP green flag which I cannot be bothered to find the tag for ;)

Last edited:
I'll have my replays posted tomorrow, been really busy. Sorry for being slow.

Just looking at Denur's Fairlday lap, first impressions are that it is caused by the rumble strip, nothing audible. Just charging camera so I can do slow-mo of it.

Slow-mo was clear, the lap is green, the slight movement of the car is caused by the violent rumble strip, they are quite harsh at HSR, I noticed the exact same with my Fairlady on the other similar rumble strips.

*waves that pretty GTP green flag which I cannot be bothered to find the tag for ;)
Thanks for checking Sureshot and for all the effort you put in. 👍👍

it wasn't that there was a sideways kick, it was the drop in speed as you neared the dreaded invisible wall. Lol. Glad it all is fine though.

it wasn't that there was a sideways kick, it was the drop in speed as you neared the dreaded invisible wall. Lol. Glad it all is fine though.
Ah yes, I had to lift off a little bit, otherwise I would have definitly hit the barrier. :dopey:

I viewed holl01's replays and both are with the correct specs and clean. The Fairlady was a bit boring to watch as you drove it so very very smoothly. I like that little tail wagging of the Amuse coming out of the last corner though. :sly:

At first I failed to unzip the file (some file corruption error showed up), but with another try it worked. Very strange. :dunce:

Mad94d's zip file gives that same error and will not unzip whichever program I use.

Here are my two replays. Sorry for delay.

Attachments

• BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7012.zip
    100.9 KB · Views: 13
  • BCES00104-RPLY2-B-5E2ED2A7015.zip
    100.2 KB · Views: 12
Do I need to repost my replays, I know Denur couldn't open them. Could someone else have a go at unzipping them. Thanks

Back