GTP_WRS Week 17: Official Results

• Thread starter Vaxen
  • 73 comments
Nerazzurri_outla
greenflag-gif.725533

Nice smooth lap, super clean 👍

There's been a lot of background discussion regarding the lap from GTP_Ph7shr.

First off, as we've asked questions about this, Jordan has been very forthcoming, transparent, and willing to work with us as we try to understand what might have happened.

We've observed additional runs in both offline mode, as well as in online race rooms without tire wear or fuel depletion, which is our main means of assuring a car that's unaltered and complies with the event regulations.

The part of this lap that simply does not add up is the rate of acceleration his car has as compared to other drivers, and the resulting top speed at start finish, which is at least 2 if not 3 MPH faster than similarly skilled drivers can manage with a stock car.

I don't believe that the driver in question intentionally cheated, but we also have an obligation to make the WRS clean and fair, with a level playing field. We have at least one other disqualification under similar circumstances, and it remains entirely possible that an unknown bug is to blame for these incidents. These are drivers who were with us in GT6 when we could verify settings, and they have proven pace. I have a hard time understanding why they would attempt to intentionally gain an advantage, as any potential benefit is hollow and nearly pointless.

Having discussed this extensively as an admin team, we are left with no choice but to DQ the lap.

GTP_Ph7shr
redflag-gif.152574

Good job finding this strange anomaly guys! It's very unfortunate for Ph7shr :( Keep your chin up mate... don't let it put you off for future events if that's at all possible? :cheers:

Congrats to the reshuffled podium finishers 👍

Maique
greenflag-gif.725533
- Nice line and a very decent lap, one tip I could give would be try not to over brake for turns. With this car especially it was important to keep your speed up and for turns 2 and 3 all you needed was the lightest touch just to activate weight transfer to the front to help with the turn in grip. If you look at some other replays of the fast guys some were not braking at all for those turns but instead using a throttle lift to transfer weight.

Good lap though :cheers:
Thanks for checking my replay and thanks for the tip... I will keep you posted about the results...

GTP_Frank
redflag-gif.152574
- Sorry Frank but you had 3 wheels off in the last turn

20180402120649.jpg

Reactions: EDK
GTP_GDS
blackflag-gif.152573
- If you can get your replay in before the deadline so it can be verified as clean I'll reverse this flag

Back