GTP_WRS Week 171 : All Day, All Night

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 88 comments
That depends on how much time you have, my advice would be to spend at least an hour running it, starting slowly, gradually building up the pace every lap, then finally starting to attack the lap during your next session.
An hour to learn (Ish) the track, and then attack it over the weekend me thinks

Perfect, an excuse to drink straight from the bottle! 👍

Hehe
Straight from the decanter more like ;) Actually, time to hit the bottle - I'm retiring the decanter for the rest of the week! No time for that with this epic challenge up ahead

I probably should have mentioned it already...it sucks that Ned's PS3 died, and we're still running a combo that has him salivating. :ouch::lol:

He's a good sport, and quite fast in GT Sport beta. :eek:

@GTP_Patrick1 and I are stoked if we're less than 1sec behind Ned. :D

I would like to thank the wizards at PD for that last backfire shot!!! :lol: More pics: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/media/albums/wrs-171.990/

thought you knew... the combo was built by Javier and me but then my ps3 died and went to heaven and quite frankly its beyond my means to buy a third one. I'm quicker in Beta than in Gt6 by a significant margin but I was always quick here because I truly love the challenge and the fact that its NEVER the same lap after lap.
The Ring is my house...:mischievous:

Well POO!:grumpy:

I'll probably pay for the following in some aggravatingly painful way but;

WTF were you doing to those PS3s that you killed 2? I've had the one on my desk since Christmas of 2011 and in January 2012 I discovered the B-Spec Grinder app for GT5 and this PS3 didn't get turned off for 3 straight months. Literally, if I wasn't racing on it, it was running B-spec races all night and the next day while I was at work, catching me up to all the folks who'd been playing for the last 2 years.

I'd extend this invitation to you Ned, if you can't find a friend locally with a working PS3 you could borrow for a week or so, bring your behind up here, I ain't really that far from you. You can run some laps and school me on not thinking of almost every turn at the Nordschleife as a bastard coated bastard filled with bastard. Just so long as you getting anywhere near my PS3 doesn't kill it in some supernatural fashion:scared::crazy:. Oh, and Ned, no punching out cuz you augur it in. Dig it out, point it down range and fire the ABs. If you have to glide it across the threshold lighting like some U2 pilot, well then, that's what you'll do airman:irked:.

Really would like to see you post some splits and a lap up there Ned. Now, stand at attention, salute and get on it. :P;):mischievous::lol::crazy:

By the way, if you do decide to come this way, there's plenty of whiskey and whisky to ease you through the night on the spare queen bed we have in a spare room. You'll have to share a bathroom with the cats however.

If I may, I'd advice to take the learning curve for this track, in 1:30 - 2 minutes slices :) (sectors) one by one.
Is there any way to do it other than going back and forth? I remember that there was AMG school or something in GT5 with Nordschleife split into 4 parts. I wish there was something similar in GT6

No :lol: . You'll learn very well the first 2 minutes (with restarts). After that, you'll learn very well the first 4 minutes (with restarts) and so on... 6 min... :cheers:
Oh that's what you meant :D Yeah I guess it's the optimal way with this track. But normally I don't usually restart when I make a mistake, I continue the lap. Because there is nothing more annoying than nailing 80% of the lap and then busting it. And that's what often happened to me when I was restarting. Because you don't get equal practice with every corner. The 1st sector like a boss, the last sector like a b... noob. :)

Oh that's what you meant :D Yeah I guess it's the optimal way with this track. But normally I don't usually restart when I make a mistake, I continue the lap. Because there is nothing more annoying than nailing 80% of the lap and then busting it. And that's what often happened to me when I was restarting. Because you don't get equal practice with every corner. The 1st sector like a boss, the last sector like a b... noob. :)
Yes, you're right this is the good way to follow usually. 👍 What I've suggested is the way to approach for long tracks. Just to memorize it easier.

@gerber. If you don't normally use the driving line, it's worth using it on here until you get the "feel" for this gargantuan track :). There are plenty of spots around this track where the best line into the corners/complexes isn't always to attack from the outside and the tracks natural camber can really make or break your lap in a lot of these areas :cool:.

Other than that the best way to learn it is to run some online sessions with someone who is very familiar with the Green Hell and follow/learn from their experiences. If you have the means to of course :). It was doing that which helped me most :D.

With that said. I'll be back later, God willing, with some pretty slow splits :embarrassed:. Looking at what's been posted I have a lot of time to find and a clean lap to produce :rolleyes: done 4 so far :guilty:.

:cheers:

Hi all
I don't really know the ring, given its such a long lap, should I do a few with the driving line on?
I hate the idea of flying around and then red lap 3 minutes in..... Any tips for how to give this (my first nurb TT) a go?
Haven't really recovered from my sea of rage last night, luckily my DFGT is ok, but I'm a wine glass down...
:lol::lol::lol:

My guess is that 1 week is not long enough to learn this track.It''s simply too long.
If I start at a track I don't know well,I just run it in about 80% of what I usually do.So brake early,easy on the throttle and always 1 gear to high (manual shifting) Try to brake not to much,let the car roll and focus on the steering part.
Don't restart a red lap,you'll have to learn the whole track after all.
However this car has loads of grip,smooth is key here.
Good luck.
(And make sure all the breakable stuff is out of reach,there will be some disappointing moments :lol:)
:cheers:

Nürburgring it on, ring the alarm. Don't stop now, just be the champion...work it hard, like it's your profession. Watch out now, cause here it comes

that said: i pass too people. same reason: no time

*knock* *knock*

I think 343 440 + 30/70 is nasty at Karussell - my excuse - but other than that it's fine, at least. No not the lap.

T1: 41.338 (car's so fast, at this point already 9 s less than what I'm used to)
T2: 1:13.405
T3: 1:40.255
T4: 2:27.021
T5: 3:02.855
T6: 3:29.355
T7: 4:15.605
T8: 4:46.806
T9: 5:13.905

Fruitless 68 minutes. Had a walltap in the final corner in the best 11 sectors. :ouch:

Last edited:
First splits on this version of the Ring for me :scared:

1'12.267
1'38.817
2'24.350
2'59.717
3'25.484
4'10.467
4'41.284
5'07.817

Was nearly 8 tenths up on this lap, lost some time in the fast right after T9 and pushed too hard to keep the gap, ate some grass :yuck:

Iam pretty sure I never turned on my ps3 quicker before now after I saw this compo , 99 thumps up from here :bowdown: :cheers:

Second lap splits and far from the last lap iam driving , not said I will do better splits , but I do hope I will though

brakes 2/4
torque 30/70
df 230/300
controllersteeringsencitivity 4

(I know many people say , I use a wheel so it dont count for me , but Iam pretty sure it does count for wheel users too , as a wheel also is a controller , my g29 has controller on the wheel sooooo)

probaly should try more df , but its so fun with these "settings"

(I know many people say , I use a wheel so it dont count for me , but Iam pretty sure it does count for wheel users too , as a wheel also is a controller , my g29 has controller on the wheel sooooo)

The effect it has on the controller is measurable, it increases the speed at which the car responds to steering inputs. What do you feel it actually does on a wheel?

The effect it has on the controller is measurable, it increases the speed at which the car responds to steering inputs. What do you feel it actually does on a wheel?

Let me give you an example where you for sure will feel that it has something to say , try drive in a shifter kart with it on 7 and after that you set it down to -2 , I promise you that you will feel a difference :)

edit. forgot to answer your question :) I feel it makes the car turn quicker , iff iam in a car that like to put out the rear under braking I use it to get control over the car , its not easy for me to explain in english , but I can do it in danish "perhaps" , when it comes to technical things , you will see a big ? in my head when people try to explain something thats simple for them , I just dont understand it , so its hard for me to explain anything technical :)

Last edited:
Back