GTP_WRS Week 171 : All Day, All Night

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 88 comments
[QUOTE="SRT DK Racing, post: 11796422, member:

brakes 2/4
torque 30/70
df 230/300
controllersteeringsencitivity 4

(I know many people say , I use a wheel so it dont count for me , but Iam pretty sure it does count for wheel users too , as a wheel also is a controller , my g29 has controller on the wheel sooooo)

probaly should try more df , but its so fun with these "settings"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, wouldn't do any harm to try the sensitivity thing 👍

Let me give you an example where you for sure will feel that it has something to say , try drive in a shifter kart with it on 7 and after that you set it down to -2 , I promise you that you will feel a difference :)

edit. forgot to answer your question :) I feel it makes the car turn quicker , iff iam in a car that like to put out the rear under braking I use it to get control over the car , its not easy for me to explain in english , but I can do it in danish "perhaps" , when it comes to technical things , you will see a big ? in my head when people try to explain something thats simple for them , I just dont understand it , so its hard for me to explain anything technical :)

Thanks for answering, I'll try the test. I really doubt it'll show a difference, but there's no harm in trying. ;)

1'12.366
1'39.100
2'24.983
3'00.550
3'26.316
4'11.216
4'42.550
5'09.200
Destroyed a 5'07 stupidly. Still finding speed everywhere...
Edit:
Let me give you an example where you for sure will feel that it has something to say , try drive in a shifter kart with it on 7 and after that you set it down to -2 , I promise you that you will feel a difference :)

edit. forgot to answer your question :) I feel it makes the car turn quicker , iff iam in a car that like to put out the rear under braking I use it to get control over the car , its not easy for me to explain in english , but I can do it in danish "perhaps" , when it comes to technical things , you will see a big ? in my head when people try to explain something thats simple for them , I just dont understand it , so its hard for me to explain anything technical :)
Pretty sure that's another placebo effect. As long as it helps, stick to it :)
ReEdit: Edited ;)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Meister Fetz,

Pretty sure that's another placebo effect. As long as it helps, stick to it :)
ReEdit: Edited ;)[/QUOTE]

Iff you dont take it down to minus 2 when driving the shifter kart , any kart for that matter , then be prepared to spin A LOT ;)

Iff you dont take it down to minus 2 when driving the shifter kart , any kart for that matter , then be prepared to spin A LOT ;)

I think mine is always set to 5 for the rare occasions I use a controller and I drove a Shifter at GT Arena for maybe half an hour with my wheel yesterday, during which I think I only spun it once; if not once then not at all. Unrelated to a potential test of sensitivity settings just for full disclosure, that was entirely for fun. ;)

I think mine is always set to 5 for the rare occasions I use a controller and I drove a Shifter at GT Arena for maybe half an hour with my wheel yesterday, during which I think I only spun it once; if not once then not at all. Unrelated to a potential test of sensitivity settings just for full disclosure, that was entirely for fun. ;)

it offcourse also have a big affect how your brakes are set :) but you should try the shifter on an outside track that suits it , instead off the 2 small ones inside ;)

edit try tzukuba , most kart people like to drive there , I dont ......I would say brands hatch indy for example or the entire brands hatch so it can stretch its legs all the way

edit edit. maybe I should mention that I drove at least 15.000 miles in the shifter :)

Last edited:
it offcourse also have a big affect how your brakes are set :) but you should try the shifter on an outside track that suits it , instead off the 2 small ones inside ;)

edit try tzukuba , most kart people like to drive there , I dont ......I would say brands hatch indy for example or the entire brands hatch so it can stretch its legs all the way

edit edit. maybe I should mention that I drove at least 15.000 miles in the shifter :)

The brakes were stock, it was the recommended car. And I love the Shifter, I've driven it at a lot of tracks. Never really noticed a problem with that vehicle spinning, but maybe it just suits my driving style.

The brakes were stock, it was the recommended car. And I love the Shifter, I've driven it at a lot of tracks. Never really noticed a problem with that vehicle spinning, but maybe it just suits my driving style.

Maybe it has to do with my brakesettings , I have them at 10-8 , Iff you test it again , then remember to not use skidrecovery , not that I think you used that , I seriusly doubt you did to be hounest :)

Maybe it has to do with my brakesettings , I have them at 10-8 , Iff you test it again , then remember to not use skidrecovery , not that I think you used that , I seriusly doubt you did to be hounest :)

Never touch the stuff. :P I definitely would've said if I had been, but just to be clear I think everything that could be banned was banned, a friend was hosting a lobby with everything apart from ABS off and we had a quick run in the Shifters after everybody else left, nothing too serious. *looks over shoulder* Quick, the mods are coming to tell us off for being off topic for so long, run! :lol:

Had another go yesterday, but was a naughty boy and didn't post them :lol:

1'11.884
1'38.334
2'23.584
2'58.700
3'24.400
4'09.050
4'39.667
5'06.267

Got clumsy in T9 and T10 simply from seeing how far ahead I was, but brought back most of the gap at the line! It's just so tricky to get a clean fast lap in with all the bumps. I can be a few cm offline and thrown off track as a result :ouch:

Grabbed a T1 video as well (using df 225/300 on this one)

1'11.648
1'38.102
2'23.366
2'58.398
3'24.075
4'08.191
4'38.754
5'05.176

Not too shabby :) T7 was what did it, finally got the line I wanted without losing control over the kerbs. Don't think there's much for me to find, my best sectors aren't accurate from the setup changes but I doubt there's more than half a second for me to chase, realistically.

Was lucky not to hit the wall here though:

Nürburgring Nordschleife_.jpg

:scared:

Been away for the bank holiday weekend recharging :). But I won't be back in time to submit before deadline :(.

Good luck all, I'll take the symbolic wooden spoon anyway ;) :cheers:.

1'12.867
1'39.917
2'26.017
3'01.633
3'27.633
4'12.350
4'43.517
5'11.033

Submitted with these splits.Exactly 4 tenths slower at T9 compared to my previous fastest lap,and a massive 0.023 faster at the line.
So much for consistency..:banghead:
It was fun untill a certain point ( when you are over 1 sec in front of your ghost and the 🤬 karoussel corner ruins a good lap for the fifth time).
Tried to change the sensitivity settings for the wheel,but it didn't work.I think you have to get used to it,and that's way to late for this old fart :lol::lol:
Good luck everyone
:cheers:

💡 I had the great idea that maybe it would be a good idea to submit my laptime :banghead: Lucky me that I suddenly remembered that I didn`t do that like I usely do , at the same time when entering my sectortimes here in the thread , back to basis now....
DO LIKE YOU USE TO (that was for my self :)
But none the less , it has been a fun challenge :cheers:

Back